Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse

The Destiny 2 Forums are currently dominated by threads requesting that Bungie remove the Everse from Destiny 2 (thanks MP1ST). There are widespread complaints that the premium items this sells for the first-person shooter are a pay-to-win element layered onto a AAA game. Most of the posts on the front page are on this topic, and almost all are critical of how this is being handled. As one poster put it: "Bungie saw what EA did and said 'hey we can do better than that!! Hold my beer!'"

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 06:54 Prez

Asmodai wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 06:03:
Prez wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 01:45:
Prez checks time in Destiny 2... Over 50 hours. Laughs at the irony of Darks and his Destiny apologist brethren accusing someone else of talking without knowing what the fuck they're talking about. Thinks about taking it further and exposing Darks and his attack dogs for the clueless blowhards they are, then decides they're sad little men and takes pity on them. :D.

But not on Activision Blizzard. Fuck Activision Blizzard. Fuck'em right up their sleazy corporate asshole.

So what part of the rage spike is actually due to the story in question? The story about threads which are raising factually inaccuracies as a real issue?

Or is this just general carping? If you hate em so much, why dafuq did you buy the game?

Well it's both distaste at how Activision/Bungie has systematically made a game that I had been enjoying a lot worse and worse post launch AND general carping because I despise Activision.

I bought the game because the premise had been intriguing to me since the first Destiny and because people had been saying it had a lot in common with the Borderlands series, which I loved despite that series being made by another publisher whom I despise.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 06:03 Asmodai

Prez wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 01:45:
Prez checks time in Destiny 2... Over 50 hours. Laughs at the irony of Darks and his Destiny apologist brethren accusing someone else of talking without knowing what the fuck they're talking about. Thinks about taking it further and exposing Darks and his attack dogs for the clueless blowhards they are, then decides they're sad little men and takes pity on them. :D.

But not on Activision Blizzard. Fuck Activision Blizzard. Fuck'em right up their sleazy corporate asshole.

So what part of the rage spike is actually due to the story in question? The story about threads which are raising factually inaccuracies as a real issue?

Or is this just general carping? If you hate em so much, why dafuq did you buy the game?

22. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 05:51 Asmodai

Kxmode wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 20:09:
Darks wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 19:06:
Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:12:
Is it any surprise? EA has nothing on Activision for sleaze, greed, and stupidity. Along with Take2 and Warner Bros, both EA and Activision are run by clueless corporate fuckwits who don't give a shit about their customers beyond how much more money they can milk out of their wallets past the initial game purchase. Fuck Activision Blizzard.

You need to shut the fuck up, your another one of these assholes that hasn't played the game but here you are jumping all over the game about shit you know nothing about.

Wow. Both of those comments were extra salty.

Whelp, I guess I'll add to the salt...

Haven't played D2 since a couple of weeks before osiris went live, but the core principle of 'everse is p2w' is fundamentally wrong. There is literally no performance gain (unless red makes you go faster) and nothing that you can't obtain by grinding...

It's got nothing to do with Destiny 2 fanboi'ism, but I'm a huge fucking fanboi for accuracy in reporting. Bungie did a lot of dumbshit with D2, but a p2w prem store is not one of them...

21. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 05:13 Sempai

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:28:
Eververse is only P2W in the sense that a large part of Destiny is trying to obtain cosmetic gear and Bungie launched Destiny 2 with all the interesting cosmetics in Eververse with nothing for dedicated players to actually strive for. In Destiny 1, all the gorgeous cosmetic gear was tied to completing achievements or milestones in the game such as doing raids on Hard Mode or beating certain challenge encounters. Destiny 2 has none of that and everything that looks like it had any sort of design thought put into is in Eververse.

So yeah... You can dump tons of cash into Eververse and get a really pretty armor set, a quality-of-life ghost, sparrow, and ship but none of those are really that integral to game play to call it P2W. Comparing this bullshit to EA's bullshit is comparing shit oranges to shit apples. Both have valid reasons to be pissed at, but just removing Eververse from Destiny 2 won't fix anything. If there was actual armor sets, ghosts, sparrows, and ships to obtain outside of Eververse, then 90% of these complaints would disappear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5CDrq4dGg

20. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 01:45 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 27, 2017, 00:26 NewMaxx

Yes, no, of course. Cosmetic-only payments are fine. They don't take work away from major glaring issues at all. They exist in a vacuum don't cha know!

Tire fire of a game. Like I said during/after beta, this is a wait 1+ year for a steep sale for any self-respecting PC gamer. Not entirely sure why the apologists keep coming out for this one. "Oh, but it's not P2W!" So? So the F what?! "The ancient good old days of gaming are dead!" No. No, they're not. We still have excellent developers. Allowing this type of shit to continue makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

This comment was edited on Dec 27, 2017, 01:12.

18. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 20:20 Fizzlefuz

I don't really have any major complaints with Destiny 2. I've played the original and the Xbox and it seemed pretty much the same. I enjoy the gun play and the group aspects of it. I don't have to pay for any weird loot boxes and everything in-game is obtainable through just playing the game.

Yeah, it's grindy. But what loot centric game isn't?

17. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 20:09 Kxmode

Darks wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 19:06:
Is it any surprise? EA has nothing on Activision for sleaze, greed, and stupidity. Along with Take2 and Warner Bros, both EA and Activision are run by clueless corporate fuckwits who don't give a shit about their customers beyond how much more money they can milk out of their wallets past the initial game purchase. Fuck Activision Blizzard.

You need to shut the fuck up, your another one of these assholes that hasn't played the game but here you are jumping all over the game about shit you know nothing about.

Wow. Both of those comments were extra salty.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

16. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 19:06 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

15. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 19:04 Darks

jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 16:51:
Devinoch wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 14:49:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 14:45:
Eververse is only P2W in the sense that a large part of Destiny is trying to obtain cosmetic gear and Bungie launched Destiny 2 with all the interesting cosmetics in Eververse with nothing for dedicated players to actually strive for. In Destiny 1, all the gorgeous cosmetic gear was tied to completing achievements or milestones in the game such as doing raids on Hard Mode or beating certain challenge encounters. Destiny 2 has none of that and everything that looks like it had any sort of design thought put into is in Eververse.

So yeah... You can dump tons of cash into Eververse and get a really pretty armor set, a quality-of-life ghost, sparrow, and ship but none of those are really that integral to game play to call it P2W. Comparing this bullshit to EA's bullshit is comparing shit oranges to shit apples. Both have valid reasons to be pissed at, but just removing Eververse from Destiny 2 won't fix anything. If there was actual armor sets, ghosts, sparrows, and ships to obtain outside of Eververse, then 90% of these complaints would disappear.

This is exactly what I was thinking.. I was like "did the people writing these threads even play the game?"

Glad to see it's not just me. These people are trolling about cosmetics. Not exactly what I would call P2W.
I guess it depends on how you define P2W. If "winning" means looking the prettiest, well...

Ill second this, these morons haven't played the game not one bit. there is not one thing in the eververse thats pay to win. I have a ton of items, ships, speeders and armors outfits that I did not spend one cent for. I got them from in game leveling and free Bright Engrams. Fucking people need to play the game before whinning about it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

14. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 16:51 jdreyer

Devinoch wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 14:49:

This is exactly what I was thinking.. I was like "did the people writing these threads even play the game?"

Glad to see it's not just me. These people are trolling about cosmetics. Not exactly what I would call P2W.
I guess it depends on how you define P2W. If "winning" means looking the prettiest, well...

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

13. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Dec 26, 2017, 16:40 Kxmode

Fizzlefuz wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 16:29:
Yes. All the items in Everse are cosmetic. And every time you gain a level you get a free engram with stuff like shaders and other cosmetic items. I have to constantly dismantle cosmetic items because my inventory is full and I have way more than I ever need. I have not spend any money past the base price for the game (On sale) and ever felt like I need to spend anymore. I don't fully understand what's happening here other than massive misinformation.

It sounds like players think if they collectively yell and stomp their feet, Bungie will cave in and they'll get vanity stuff for free.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 16:33 heroin

It was a fun game for maybe 15 hours. Definitely, not worth the $60, although completely different games - it's reminiscent of Overwatch. Selling a game for real AAA game prices like Witcher 3 or GTA V with 1/24, (1/1000?) of the content. Both Overwatch and Destiny 2 should have retailed for $30 at the most.  

11. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 16:29 Fizzlefuz

Yes. All the items in Everse are cosmetic. And every time you gain a level you get a free engram with stuff like shaders and other cosmetic items. I have to constantly dismantle cosmetic items because my inventory is full and I have way more than I ever need. I have not spend any money past the base price for the game (On sale) and ever felt like I need to spend anymore. I don't fully understand what's happening here other than massive misinformation.

If anything, they should be upset about the fact that I have to dismantle sharers one at a time.

PS: I can't access the e-mail I had my previous account on, nothing to see here!

10. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 15:30 Kxmode

Are the loot crates for vanity and cosmetic stuff or are they for core progression skills and items?  

9. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 15:23 DangerDog

Didn't they add some super weapons with the DLC, I guess that could be considered pay to win if you don't get the DLC. But that's nothing new with online shooters.

8. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 14:49 Devinoch

Cliff "Devinoch" Hicks
Host of the Starlight Society Podcast
http://tinyurl.com/starlightsociety/

7. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 14:45 Tipsy McStagger

6. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 13:20 Cutter

And this is why I don't buy this sort of scheisse and support these scumbag devs and pubs. If you do you have no right to complain.  

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

5. Re: Destiny 2 Fans Urge Everse Reverse Dec 26, 2017, 13:13 ledhead1969

This. There is no P2W. Should there be more ways to gain the items, yes. This is in no way like SWBF (or, CoD, Halo, GoW etc). FFS.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo