Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans

A Dark Age of Camelot producer's letter reminds us that this venerable MMORPG is still in operation in spite of the closure of Mythic Entertainment/EA Mythic since the game changed hands prior to the developer's shutdown. The post recaps 2017 and lays out plans for 2018, which include a free-to-play option called The Endless Conquest coming in the fall (thanks MMOGames via PCGamesN). Here's word:

We’re thrilled to announce a new way for players to experience Dark Age of Camelot’s iconic realm vs realm warfare for free with Dark Age of Camelot: Endless Conquest!

The Endless Conquest will be a new account type that allows players to enjoy Dark Age of Camelot through level 50 (and beyond) for free, without a paid subscription, forever. Endless Conquest players will be able to level all the way to 50 on a limited selection of classes, participate fully in RvR, and earn Master Levels, Champion Levels, and Realm Rank – to a point.

The Endless Conquest is coming Fall 2018 and we couldn’t be more excited. While permanently free, there are limitations involved with the Endless Conquest accounts such as character slots, leveling rates, house ownership, item trade and storage, being limited to Ywain and Gaheris servers only, and more. Please visit our FAQ for the full details we have so far, and please continue to check as new information on this exciting new development will be added as we move into the new year.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 27, 2017, 20:50 Tim Collins

DAOC will always have a place in my heart.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 18:42 NKD

Honestly a lot of the studios EA has "killed" would have died anyway, probably even sooner. If you're selling out to EA, you're probably not in a very financially sound spot and may be struggling to get your next title out the door.

Hard to say, but it would explain why anyone would sell to EA given their track record. It's a last resort.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

5. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 13:53 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:16:
Don't have much to say on this topic but I try to never miss an opportunity to say Fuck EA. Specifically for killing Mythic as they have unceremoniously killed so many once-great developers. And their spite-filled insistence on continuing to exist. Fuck EA. Did I say that already?

While I mostly agree with you, remember, Mark Jacobs had a good hand in killing Mythic with Warhammer Online.

Matt Firor was the smart one to jump (the sinking)ship to Zenimax

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

4. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 13:38 Gas Bandit

Oh man, I haven't played this since 2006. I bet it has not aged well! Heh.

I wonder if my old house is still there? Probably not. I only had the rent paid up for 8 or so years I think, and I don't think my server (Guinevere) even exists any more.

3. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 12:58 Turd Ferguson

Prez wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 11:16:
Don't have much to say on this topic but I try to never miss an opportunity to say Fuck EA. Specifically for killing Mythic as they have unceremoniously killed so many once-great developers. And their spite-filled insistence on continuing to exist. Fuck EA. Did I say that already?

Well said brother Prez, well said.

2. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 12:27 Kxmode

Conversely, EA agreed to this despite having killed Mythic.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

1. Re: Dark Age of Camelot F2P Plans Dec 26, 2017, 11:16 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo