Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Merry Christmas! We're having one of those white Christmases that Der Bingle used to croon about, as a tasteful blanket of snow fell on the area overnight, which is cool (if not downright frosty). Here's hoping it's equally scenic, if not seasonal, where you are. I followed though on my plan to make chili yesterday with a different recipe to celebrate, and I am pleased with the turnout. In spite of the recipe's notation that this is Texas-style, it calls for tomatoes, which are often considered not authentically Texas, and are not usually part of my chili. On the other hand, I was born and raised in Brooklyn, so in spite of my incredible taste in cowboy boots, I'm probably not one to judge such matters. Anyway, my normal recipe results in meat that's falling apart, and I wanted an outcome that was more like solid meat in a broth (like a competition chili), and this one delivered. I followed it to the letter as a first time, but in the future I will probably add more cumin and tweak a couple of other things.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Story: Woman receives $284 billion electric bill.
Science: The High School Student's Simple Explanation Of Relativity Will Boggle Your Mind.
Images: "I'm not so sure this furry snaek knows where he's going..." :3. Thanks Kxmode.
Media: Jeff Kaplan: One-Trick Parade.
Safari Guide Stares Down Charging Elephant, Stops It In Its Tracks.
The Fast and The Furious...Not.
Follow-up: Do You Have Video "Gaming Disorder," A Newly Recognized Mental Health Condition?
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 19:48 Hoop

Merry Christmas Blue.
Happy Holidays everyone.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 17:21 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 14:33:
Blue wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 14:24:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 13:54:

Didn't mean that to offend, so I removed the link.
You removed the wrong thing. He would not be missed.

LOL, that is literally the only guy I've got blocked. Good to know he still isn't posting anything of interest.

But Blue has to play to a larger audience, so I get the desire to stay non-confrontational.

Also, what Cutter said, although I may not have phrased it in quite that way or with yet another Hitler reference.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 15:36 Cutter

Trump stops Santa Claus at American border.

Fuck you and your link

And exactly the response I'd expect from Blue. Appease the monsters, Blue. We all know how that worked out for Neville Chamberlin. Appeasement only makes the aggressor stronger. Fuck them if they can't take a joke. In fact, fuck them if they can.
Middlefinger

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 15:32 Cutter

Fuck you and your link

Exactly the response one would expect from a Trump supporter. And on Xmas at that. Not even God could come with a more perfect example of what pieces of shit they all are.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 14:33 RedEye9

You removed the wrong thing. He would not be missed.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 14:24  Blue 

Fuck you and your link

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 13:54 Ahumado

Fuck you and your link

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 13:42 WarPig

Merry Christmas all.

We also have snow here in S.E. Washington State. I moved into a new house this summer that's situated on a corner lot so I've got a lot of sidewalk to shovel. So I go outside and start shoveling and look up to see a guy with a snowblower plowing my way who proceeds to clear off my walk and driveway. Turns out it's the Chief of Police!

Well, it's not really that strange, he does live across the street from me.

It wasn't just nice to get dug out, it was also nice to see a snowblower being used close up because I ordered one last week and hope to pick it up from Sears soon but I have absolutely no experience using one.

GO SEAHAWKS!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 12:26 Lorcin

Merry Christmas! 12c grey and damp here in southern England, so pretty standard for 8 months of the year!  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 11:51 Cutter

Happy Yule! I'm going the prime rib route tonight. I generally eat turkey once a week anyway - instead of chicken. So it's not really a holiday food for me, where prime rib is. And yeah, we got dumped on last night as well. Der Bingle would be pleased.

4. No subject Dec 25, 2017, 10:57 Mashiki Amiketo

Merry Christmas. Now remember to take a nap after eating turkey so you can have a long productive night gaming!  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 10:41 Quboid

Meeeeeeeeeeeerry Christmas!  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 10:23 RedEye9

Thanks for working on Christmas Blue.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 09:59 Creston

Merry Christmas, fellas!  

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo