Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Merry Christmas! We're having one of those white Christmases that Der Bingle used to croon about, as a tasteful blanket of snow fell on the area overnight, which is cool (if not downright frosty). Here's hoping it's equally scenic, if not seasonal, where you are. I followed though on my plan to make chili yesterday with a different recipe to celebrate, and I am pleased with the turnout. In spite of the recipe's notation that this is Texas-style, it calls for tomatoes, which are often considered not authentically Texas, and are not usually part of my chili. On the other hand, I was born and raised in Brooklyn, so in spite of my incredible taste in cowboy boots, I'm probably not one to judge such matters. Anyway, my normal recipe results in meat that's falling apart, and I wanted an outcome that was more like solid meat in a broth (like a competition chili), and this one delivered. I followed it to the letter as a first time, but in the future I will probably add more cumin and tweak a couple of other things.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Story: Woman receives $284 billion electric bill.
Science: The High School Student's Simple Explanation Of Relativity Will Boggle Your Mind.
Images: "I'm not so sure this furry snaek knows where he's going..." :3. Thanks Kxmode.
Media: Jeff Kaplan: One-Trick Parade.
Safari Guide Stares Down Charging Elephant, Stops It In Its Tracks.
The Fast and The Furious...Not.
Follow-up: Do You Have Video "Gaming Disorder," A Newly Recognized Mental Health Condition?
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:39 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 15:33:
I wonder what he'd think about this story.

A family of refugees show up, without the resources to house themselves, and are helped out by ordinary local people. Then, when the authorities threaten to (shall we say) break up the family with extreme prejudice, three wealthy foreign elitists not only give them advance warning to flee, but provide them the means to do so successfully.

That's the story of Jesus' birth.

Not quite. The three wealthy foreign elitists visit the mob boss who then orders a hit on all children ages 4 and below. The parents are warned to flee to a neighboring country and lay low for a time.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:34 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 15:29:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 01:02:
Every time I flush it, I get teary-eyed.

If you get teary-eyed every time you flush, that's probably due to the bidet.

WANT!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:33 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 09:08:
I support blue removing it.

But man, that guy must be a troll, no? Like so many Republicans, he says something ridiculous then claims it's fake news and he never said it. Cutteresque, even.

Is it trolling if you truly believe it?

I wonder what he'd think about this story.

A family of refugees show up, without the resources to house themselves, and are helped out by ordinary local people. Then, when the authorities threaten to (shall we say) break up the family with extreme prejudice, three wealthy foreign elitists not only give them advance warning to flee, but provide them the means to do so successfully.

That's the story of Jesus' birth.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 15:29 jdreyer

My wish is for RedEye to be nice to me for one day.

On a lighter note, my brother helped me installed a new high-tech toilet in my house.

- one-piece design
- 1-sec flushes (1.28 GPF)
- Slow closing seat and lid
- Advanced anti-clogging system
- Advanced cleaning system
- eligible for municipality rebate

If you get teary eyed every time you flush, that's probably due to the bidet.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 09:08 Beamer

I support blue removing it.

But man, that guy must be a troll, no? Like so many Republicans, he says something ridiculous then claims it's fake news and he never said it. Cutteresque, even.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 08:53 RedEye9

Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 20:45:
It isn't funny, cute or anything other then bigoted hate to write something like that. Did you girls know that 22% of the murderers in prison are non-citizens? Did you? Do you even care? If I came across as mean and harsh that was my absolute intention. This President is doing for this country great and amazing things. Quit getting your news from the trash. Blue you are forgiven and removing the link was the right thing to do.
Getting your "facts" from a fox noise talk show yelling contest will make you a 64 year old bitter, gun owning unstable person. Guns tend to empower white, financially unstable men.
try fact checking your news or get it from a source that does not use scare tactics, propaganda and fake figures
Once you start doing that try working on your ability to recognize humor and satire. It will be hard at first because you have believed in so many lies and even spread them yourself, but you can do it.
Merry Xmas

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 08:27 RedEye9

One holiday down, time to gear up for the next one.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 01:11 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Dec 26, 2017, 01:09:
That's the chemicals from the advanced cleaning system

Is that it? I did think it was unusual to teary-eyed after the 15th flush.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 01:09 Sepharo

On a lighter note, my brother helped me installed a new high-tech toilet in my house.

- 1-sec flushes

That's the chemicals from the advanced cleaning system

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 01:02 Kxmode

- one-piece design
- 1-sec flushes (1.28 GPF)
- eligible for municipality rebate

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 01:01 Kxmode

"The 20's style animation look amazing!"

Since it is 2017 (almost a hundred years later) is it okay to refer to the 1920's like this?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2017, 00:01 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 15:36:
And exactly the response I'd expect from Blue. Appease the monsters, Blue. We all know how that worked out for Neville Chamberlin. Appeasement only makes the aggressor stronger.
So, is this meant as "thank you" or what? I mean with as many times as you have been in receipt of appeasement...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 22:46 Sepharo

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 21:24:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 20:48:
"Oh yeah, he was the dbag that told blue to manup about the loss of his dog. On ignore he goes."

That's a lie aka fake news
Ahumado wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 14:05:
Time to man up Blue. Your persistent crying is old and feminine. If you didn't want more attention for yourself you would have just wrote it and kept it to yourself. Let everyone move on. I have loved all my dogs as much as you loved Hudson but I didn't milk it for attention when they died

lol at "fake news" being used exactly the way Trump uses it

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 22:24  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 22:17:
Blue wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 14:24:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 13:54:
Trump stops Santa Claus at American border.

Fuck you and your link

Didn't mean that to offend, so I removed the link.

the cause of free speech is far far more important than appeasing the panties of the people who support the worst president in our history. unless it incites violence, let it stand blue. self censorship is the first step down the road of the nazi dictatorship this idiot wants. the freedom of the founding fathers is the freedom to choose our sources, not silence them.

It wasn't about censorship, it was me deciding against being inflammatory on Christmas. My choice.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 22:17 1badmf

Blue wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 14:24:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 13:54:
Trump stops Santa Claus at American border.

Fuck you and your link

Didn't mean that to offend, so I removed the link.

the cause of free speech is far far more important than appeasing the panties of the people who support the worst president in our history. unless it incites violence, let it stand blue. self censorship is the first step down the road of the nazi dictatorship this idiot wants. the freedom of the founding fathers is the freedom to choose our sources, not silence them.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 21:26 RedEye9

http://www.cbc.ca/comedy/trump-stops-santa-claus-at-american-border-1.3909087
Forward to your friends, family and any patriots you might know.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 21:24 RedEye9

Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 20:48:
"Oh yeah, he was the dbag that told blue to manup about the loss of his dog. On ignore he goes."

Ahumado wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 14:05:
Time to man up Blue. Your persistent crying is old and feminine. If you didn't want more attention for yourself you would have just wrote it and kept it to yourself. Let everyone move on. I have loved all my dogs as much as you loved Hudson but I didn't milk it for attention when they died
Ahumado wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 20:41:
I could adjust to being banned if Blue grew one because of my post
Ahumado wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 09:01:
Man Stove...Blue, you're a pantywaist
Using all the trumpette terms, and still can't get it right. sad

BUFFALO, NY—A Merry Christmas was for millions put in potential jeopardy in the wee hours of this morning when, according to reports, one Kristopher Kringle was stopped at the American border on the orders of President-elect of the United States, Donald J. Trump.

Trump cited numerous issues with Kringle's paperwork—not the least of which was a wide disparity in listed names, which included Saint Nicholas, Santa Claus, Kris Kringle, and Father Christmas.

"It's unbelievable," said Trump. "This guy also had, you know, some foreign-sounding ones on there, there was Babbo Natale, Sinterklaas, and Père Noël—at a certain point it's like, okay folks, enough is enough, I mean where is this guy from, you know? Which is exactly what we plan to find out, and I truly mean this, I've got to tell you."

Trump is quick to assure doubters that the man's place of origin is not the only reason for the red tape. "He dresses in a pretty wacky way," Trump explained. "I don't know if you've seen the pictures, you know, the press has been putting out a lot of false pictures, drawings, not the real guy, you know, it's very dishonest, the media."

"And the giving!" Trump continued, suddenly as exasperated as this reporter has ever heard him. "My god with the giving! You wouldn't believe how this guy—and let me just say, you know, I am a very giving guy. I'm a really great guy and I give a lot, anyone will tell you, believe me. I give and this guy though, it's on a whole other level, and you really do have to wonder what he's after. Some people are generous the whole year round, and I would have to include, again, myself in this, as well as my close friend Jon Voight. But you have to be suspicious when a guy suddenly goes nuts with it all at once, all in December. He reminds me of Crooked Hillary trying to buy up friends on Election Day. It didn't work for her and it's not going to work for him."

"Also this Prancer character, you know, and I'm a very accepting guy. I'm usually a very accepting guy but—and that's all I'll say," added Trump.

At press time, Kringle had completely disappeared, leaving no trace – a report Trump denied, saying, "We got it, believe me, this is something I have completely under control, there is no way this guy will outsmart me, I'm actually very smart."

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 20:48 Ahumado

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 20:45 Ahumado

It isn't funny, cute or anything other then bigoted hate to write something like that. Did you girls know that 22% of the murderers in prison are non-citizens? Did you? Do you even care? If I came across as mean and harsh that was my absolute intention. This President is doing for this country great and amazing things. Quit getting your news from the trash. Blue you are forgiven and removing the link was the right thing to do.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 20:24 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 17:21:
LOL, that is literally the only guy I've got blocked. Good to know he still isn't posting anything of interest.
Oh yeah, he was the dbag that told blue to manup about the loss of his dog. On ignore he goes.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo