Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 25, 2017, 20:07 Retired

Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 14:21:
I snagged one of those leaf antennas and it's good enough that in the spring I'm going to go see one of those antenna stores - one is close by - and see about getting a good roof mounted one. Unfortunately for streaming in Canada we only have Crave and Netflix and both suck here. So streaming up here isn't really an option if you watch a lot of TV. Thankfully I don't so the antenna should do me fine.

We cut the cord a few years back and we watch less TV. But 3 adults and a kid use ALOT of data and go over my 1TB a month from Comcast every month. Worth it just to not have commercials.

I also want to check out a better antenna unit. The small TV ones are crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 24, 2017, 14:21 Cutter

I snagged one of those leaf antennas and it's good enough that in the spring I'm going to go see one of those antenna stores - one is close by - and see about getting a good roof mounted one. Unfortunately for streaming in Canada we only have Crave and Netflix and both suck here. So streaming up here isn't really an option if you watch a lot of TV. Thankfully I don't so the antenna should do me fine.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 24, 2017, 13:40 rawbelly

Just leave Facebook people. It's not hard. Just do it. Why even bother with this? Your ten real life friends will still be your friends.  

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 24, 2017, 13:35 Fion

I cut the cord for two reasons:

1. To save money. I was paying $200 a month for phone, (basic) TV & 25mbps internet. Now I pay ~100 a month for 100mbps internet (thanks Spectrum) + Netflix, Hulu & HBO Now. Amazon too but their media offerings are generally shite.

2. I was sick to high heaven of commercials.

These days I do get a few commercials, mostly from the free 'The CW' app (gotta watch my Arrowverse!) and a news app on my TV that has a commercial here or there.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 24, 2017, 12:54 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 12:23:
Yeah, I cut cable back in 2003, and my kids have almost never been exposed to commercials. On the rare occasions when they have, they get really irritated at them.

Can proudly say that I can count the hours of wasted life the past decade on advertisement in TV/Movies on 1 hand... and on the web even less.

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 24, 2017, 12:23 jdreyer

Yeah, I cut cable back in 2003, and my kids have almost never been exposed to commercials. On the rare occasions when they have, they get really irritated at them.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo