Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc. Dec 24, 2017, 00:18 NKD

rawbelly wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 23:32:
Man, they lost me to video games in 1977.

Haha, I was a poor growing up. Well I guess I still am, but a little less so, plus the relative cost of keeping up with gaming has gone down.

So I didn't get a gaming console until 1987, and I don't think I had a real PC until 1990. My dad is the one who got me into computers. I've been glued to a computer screen since my old 386SX we picked up in around 1990.

Just about 30 years of gaming! If I have the disorder, it's a chronic and severe case!

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2017, 23:32 rawbelly

Man, they lost me to video games in 1977.  

4. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2017, 21:50 Pigeon

NKD wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 18:20:
Will they add Fox News watching as a mental health condition?

It's under Intellectual Disability. That's been a bit controversial since unlike the other conditions in that section it appears to be a self inflicted choice.

3. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2017, 18:20 NKD

Will they add Fox News watching as a mental health condition?  

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

2. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2017, 14:39 Pigeon

Seems unnecessary to have it's own disorder. It should just be labeled a process addiction and then given a specifier.  

1. Re: etc. Dec 23, 2017, 13:17 Droniac

That article on "gaming disorder" seems to be a thrown-together piece of sensationalism. Among other things it's referencing statements from a guy who's no longer practicing and served time for sexual abuse of his clients. And references his Dutch "addiction center" that's been bankrupt for almost 6 years.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2017, 13:50.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo