Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Festivus! Okay, to air my grievance... it's pouring rain outside, so besides being a wet Christmas rather than a white one, I may have to skip walking the dogs today, as they are fine with a little rain, but this is more than a little. As for my feat of strength, it will be withstanding MrsBlue's unhappiness with me, as I seem to have given her my cold. Even worse, her suffering is getting underway just as mine ends, which is not going to make her any more pleased about this state of affairs. All in all, it could be worse, and I hope all of your grievances are equally minor and that all your feats of strength are just as achievable.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: Who Wants to Buy the Most Expensive House in America? Thanks Neutronbeam.
Mariah Carey to Perform on Dick Clark's New Years Eve- 'Take 2.'
Science: Why the International Space Station Is the Single Best Thing Humanity Did. Thanks Slick.
SpaceX Caps Record Year With Satellite Launch in California.
It started as a pimple. Now doctors will remove basketball-size tumor from boy’s face.
Media: French Santa Motorcycle Hero. There's a new TV series in there somewhere.
Tornado 10-23-2017-Cam2. You know what might help with the cleanup? A forklift.
Shaming Kangaroos into stopping fighting seems to work. NSFW.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 08:41 Mr. Tact

Tornado video: At first I thought the forklift was going to be gone, now that would have been really impressive.

Most Expensive House: *meh* It looks okay at best. I think the builder is right about usage -- it will get treated like a hotel / vacation home. I mean who wants to walk repeatedly walk across your 5,000 sq ft master bedroom EVERY day...

ISS: The ISS is cool, and some good science has come from it, but I'm sorry -- both the Hubble Telescope and the Voyager probes beat it hands down on the list of greatest things humanity has done to date...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 07:23 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 00:34:
I'll agree it's an impressive technical feat, even though the moon landings are more impressive.
Considering we did those almost 50 years ago.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 06:40 NKD

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 03:52:
Hoop wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 15:26:
Read the article on the boy with the tumor, thank science he has the right people around him now.

Except if he lived in Canada or Cuba, he would have had that taken care of before it completely destroyed his face.

Ridiculous.

Well, since the kid is literally from Cuba, you'd think it'd have been taken care of then? The article isn't clear about why he didn't get it taken care of earlier, only that the doctors in Cuba wouldn't risk doing the surgery once it was big.

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 03:52 Tipsy McStagger

Read the article on the boy with the tumor, thank science he has the right people around him now.

Except if he lived in Canada or Cuba, he would have had that taken care of before it completely destroyed his face.

Ridiculous.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2017, 00:34 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 19:49:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 12:25:
Why the International Space Station Is the Single Best Thing Humanity Did.

Pretty sure it's not that. Probably vaccines or something.

Well, I think it's the most undervalued thing humanity dun did.

How blasé are we about this incredible feat of ridiculousness, and chiefly between the USA and Russia of all people. Could be such a beacon of inspiration for humanity... kinda sad.

I guess all you would need to do would be a google trend search between the ISS and the "flat earther" movement to see how fucked we are.

"Best thing humanity DID" could end up being true

I'll agree it's an impressive technical feat, even though the moon landings are more impressive. But "the best thing"? Hardly.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 20:41 RedEye9

Slick wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 19:49:
How blasé are we about this incredible feat of ridiculousness, and chiefly between the USA and Russia of all people. Could be such a beacon of inspiration for humanity... kinda sad.
That's nothing. It's more ridiculous than you think. Putin is handling dRumpf the way a KGP officer handles an asset.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 19:49 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 14:32:
Gore Tex jacket, pants, and shoes. I still buy them even though it rarely rains here. But they do help sometimes when there's a heavy marine layer. In San Francisco they kept me dry while cycling under all weather conditions. A good investment. Thumbsup

did you see the spaceX launch last night? pretty amazing. looked like a giant sky jellyfish. i was at work in ontario when my boss looks up and screams WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE haha. i dont work with the brightest people but they mean well.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 19:49 Slick

Well, I think it's the most undervalued thing humanity dun did.

I guess all you would need to do would be a google trend search between the ISS and the "flat earther" movement to see how fucked we are.

"Best thing humanity DID" could end up being true

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 18:18 Pigeon

Read the article on the boy with the tumor, thank science he has the right people around him now. Then go to the Mariah Carey paranoid pity party, so tragic how humiliating for her what a trooper.
F*^& the entertainment industry.

It's always possible she was a complete and total bitch to the production crew and they really were out to make her look bad

Also poor kid, one helluva welcome to puberty. Hope the surgery goes well for him.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 16:14 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 15:31:
Read the article on the boy with the tumor, thank science he has the right people around him now. Then go to the Mariah Carey paranoid pity party, so tragic how humiliating for her what a trooper.

I think what you're trying to say is: Science FTW!

Something seems really wrong in all that. Cuba actually has a really good medical system. Why the hell didn't they just get it lanced when they noticed it was growing and wasn't a pimple? Sounds like propaganda...until you see they're still charging them $200,000. Rolleyes I think they should have shopped around.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 15:31 jdreyer

I think what you're trying to say is: Science FTW!

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 15:26 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 14:32 BobBob

Gore Tex jacket, pants, and shoes. I still buy them even though it rarely rains here. But they do help sometimes when there's a heavy marine layer. In San Francisco they kept me dry while cycling under all weather conditions. A good investment. Thumbsup  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 13:50 Fion

Why the International Space Station is the Single Best Thing Humanity Did

Ah... w.i.r.e.d., don't you mean 'has done'? We're not done yet!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 13:01 eRe4s3r

That Tornado video.. is just crazy  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 12:25 jdreyer

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 Capella

For the first time since I can remember, knocking on my simulated wood desk, I don't have a cold or sore throat or other ailment this close to Christmas. Of course I just might have given myself the kiss of death!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve everyone!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 11:24 Cutter

Creston wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 11:07:
I think that house is ugly (not my style), but holy crap that view is amazing. (on the few days a year when there is no smog.)

Yeah, well we all know asking price and selling price are two very different things. There's no way that thing will sell for anything close to that. And yeah, it is ugly, inside and out. Yet another shining example that money doesn't by good taste. It's garish and ostentatious.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 11:17 RedEye9

Cops had no idea you were guilty, but then you ran. justice, thy smell is sweet  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 11:07 Creston

I think that house is ugly (not my style), but holy crap that view is amazing. (on the few days a year when there is no smog.)

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo