Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR

UbiBlog announces a new patch is now available for Star Trek Bridge Crew which allows the starship simulation to be played without the use of virtual reality headsets. This video diary covers the news, and here are the details:

Star Trek: Bridge Crew challenges four players to work together to pilot a Federation starship through dangerous missions, but until now, it's only been playable through VR hardware. That changes with the latest Star Trek: Bridge Crew free update, which removes the requirement for a headset and opens the door for non-VR players to join in and boldly go where no one has gone before.

Using a controller or a mouse and keyboard, players with and without VR headsets can be seamlessly matched together to pilot the U.S.S. Aegis (or U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701) as Starfleet officers, or play alone as captain. The update also includes enhanced Windows Mixed Reality support, adding more options for players to explore uncharted space.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 23, 2017, 01:24 StingingVelvet

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 12:22:
The problem for me with Bridge Crew isn't that it required VR. It's that I don't have a group of friends to play with. And playing with randos can be such a soul-crushing experience.

This pretty much applies to every multiplayer game in general. Well, outside of normal mindless deathmatch, which tends to be the most popular for that reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2017, 21:15 Tom

Really glad I didn't buy this. Hopefully someone will see the excitement for this game, understand what people wanted to get out of it, and build something good to meet that demand. But I'm not going to hold my breath.  

11. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 19:14 The Half Elf

Darks wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 15:38:
so, now I can actually buy this and give it a whirl without worry about VR? Thats kewl!!

Elf, we may have to try this at some point. I'm waiting until this is on a sale though.

No Excuses now Dark

It is a very weak game. Can't argue it. No where near the control depth of the Starfleet/Klingon Academy or Bridge Commander games.

With some DLC, and more control depth this would be awesome.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

10. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 18:26 saluk

Eh, I think it's kind of a weak game. The VR helps a lot. It would be cool to see more people able to play however.  

9. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 18:10 HorrorScope

Darks wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 15:38:
so, now I can actually buy this and give it a whirl without worry about VR? Thats kewl!!

Elf, we may have to try this at some point. I'm waiting until this is on a sale though.

Isn't it half off? I wonder how well this is though in non VR? Seems like it maybe too basic.

8. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 17:26 The Half Elf

The problem for me with Bridge Crew isn't that it required VR. It's that I don't have a group of friends to play with. And playing with randos can be such a soul-crushing experience. A VR remake of the awesome Bridge Commander on the other hand... I would have been all over that.

Prez ANY time ya need someone to play this with let me know. Myself and MrGrosser play from time to time and have a blast (with slight adult beverage overtones).

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

7. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 15:58 Bard

wtf_man wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 15:12:
Should have been available to non-VR in the first place.

Translation: Not enough suckers out there to early-adopt VR. PLZ BUY R GAEM!

Having a blast with my VR. The worst thing about this game is UPlay requirements.

6. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 15:46 Mordhaus

IE: We can't get enough people to play, please help!!!  

5. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 15:38 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 15:12 wtf_man

Should have been available to non-VR in the first place.

Translation: Not enough suckers out there to early-adopt VR. PLZ BUY R GAEM!

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

3. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 12:43 HoSpanky

The problem for me with Bridge Crew isn't that it required VR. It's that I don't have a group of friends to play with. And playing with randos can be such a soul-crushing experience. A VR remake of the awesome Bridge Commander on the other hand... I would have been all over that.

Right? I mean, up until very recently I had ONE friend with a VR kit. NOW, I’ve got 3 friends with them...full crew! We may all snag this during the steam sale.

2. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 12:22 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Play Star Trek Bridge Crew Without VR Dec 22, 2017, 11:34 The Half Elf

Ya know if ya kept up with DLC people would be all over this still.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo