Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Yesterday was doctor day for us, as MrsBlue and I had our annual physicals. I got a clean bill of health, and a couple of my test results were better this year than last, which is fine by me. MrsBlue's testing was also fine except for one value that did not compute at all, to the extent that there seems to have been an error, so they threw out the whole batch of results and are starting over. The good news for her is that we also visited her orthopedist, who told her she would no longer be required to wear a splint for her injured finger, so she has emerged from that without requiring physical therapy, much less surgery.

R.I.P.: Longtime Sportscaster Dick Enberg Found Dead at Home at 82.

Doctored Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Pen Pineapple Five Nights At Freddy's.
Scrooge the Cat.
Link: The Way of the Shadow Wolves, a novel by Steven Seagal.
Story: Elderly Couple Stopped In Nebraska With 60 Pounds Of Weed 'For Christmas Presents.'
Media: Escalator slide stunt invokes instant karma. Thanks Mashable.
Giant swan shows dog who is boss - Condor snuggles with a man.
Fire Tornado and Wild Utah Sunset.
Auctions: Original Rankin-Bass 'Rudolph' puppets up for sale, but have an enormous price tag.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 01:09 Kxmode

Once again, I must be in the minority because I liked The Last Jedi.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2017, 13:24 Cutter

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 12:50:
Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 12:07:
Wow, we got dumped on last night and it looks like a quite a bit of snow in the next week or two. I'm going to do extended test drives on the Crosstrek and Sportwagen next week so it'll be putting those AWDs to the test. I really wish there was somewhere where I could just rent them for a few days each. I'm definitely leaning more toward the Sportwagen now but the drives will be the true test.

You mean like Enterprise/Budget/Alamo or the 100 other rental companies?

Also, once you go AWD you'll never go back, because you'll hate it if you do.

I've looked at all of them and none rent those specific vehicles. Most only seem to rent domestics by and large. It's weird you'd think they'd be renting what's popular instead.

I'm guessing whatever I'm driving probably won't have snow tires on so that may limit my impression somewhat. I tend to drive for longer more than often so comfort and noise are my big concerns. The Sonata I drive now is fine for city driving but it is not comfortable for road trips after 2 hours plus getting out of it is like, 'Goddamn, I'm sore!' Whereas the Accord I had prior to it was way more comfortable and quiet. Of course getting older may have something to do with that. Which reminds me, I'd still love to drive a Rolls one day as they say they're still the world's most comfortable car.

I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END. - Miranda Hart

3. Best Game of 2017 Dec 22, 2017, 13:14 jdreyer

Hey everyone,

I started a "Best Game of 2017" thread.

Go post your thoughts on the best game of 2017.

Stay a while, and listen.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2017, 12:50 Tipsy McStagger

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 12:07:
Wow, we got dumped on last night and it looks like a quite a bit of snow in the next week or two. I'm going to do extended test drives on the Crosstrek and Sportwagen next week so it'll be putting those AWDs to the test. I really wish there was somewhere where I could just rent them for a few days each. I'm definitely leaning more toward the Sportwagen now but the drives will be the true test.

You mean like Enterprise/Budget/Alamo or the 100 other rental companies?

Also, once you go AWD you'll never go back, because you'll hate it if you do.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2017, 12:07 Cutter

I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END. - Miranda Hart

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo