Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
6. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 22, 2017, 11:48 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 10:53:
Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 09:15:
Still need to hear lot of good word of mouth, though. Rebirth burned me badly (especially since I bought it directly from them because I wanted to support them, so couldn't get a Steam refund...) What a fucking kick in the teeth that game was.

Exactly aside from the Rebirth disaster and the refund issue (And no, 4.0 is not in any way a better game than the release version), the far bigger problem is that the entire setting makes zero sense from a sci-fi point of view.

See -> Interstellar Empires (Youtube)

And the older I get the more I am appalled how lazily this setting was written. You could do better and maybe not have FTL... as that would condense your entire story to a solar system with a few billion hugely diverse dyson swarm habitats.. but no...

I think I see your issue. You want to play the X games for something aside from the huge sandbox they offer.

Let me break it down for you.

X games have low quality story telling, shallow characters and forgettable plots. No one gives a shit.

X games have a huge variety of ships to fly, stations to build, missions to do, stuff to discover, great sandbox gameplay and are very moddable. People give a shit about that.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 21, 20:30 Re: Evening Interviews Cutter
  2. Dec 22, 00:01  Re: Evening Interviews Creston
  3. Dec 22, 07:04   Re: Evening Interviews Slashman
  4. Dec 22, 09:15    Re: Evening Interviews Creston
  5. Dec 22, 10:53     Re: Evening Interviews eRe4s3r
>> 6. Dec 22, 11:48      Re: Evening Interviews Slashman
  7. Dec 22, 13:12       Re: Evening Interviews eRe4s3r
  8. Dec 22, 21:12        Re: Evening Interviews Slashman
  11. Dec 23, 17:46         Re: Evening Interviews eRe4s3r
  9. Dec 23, 08:25 Re: Evening Interviews yuastnav