Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

Please Bring Back Star Wars Space Shooters - Kotaku Australia. Thanks Darth Guybrush.
"Hello. Are you a Disney executive, passing a few minutes downtime between acquisitions and layoffs? Maybe you work at EA, and are trying to work out how to salvage your brand's Star Wars efforts after the disaster that is Battlefront II. Here's a free idea: make another space shooter."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Op Ed Dec 22, 2017, 14:18 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 09:30:
Slick wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 00:13:
Starfighter assault in SWBF2 is pretty fun for about 4-5 hours, then it just falls flat. The mechanics are well done, very arcade, but there's not enough depth. I would totally play a dedicated game that really expands on the mechanics, with more players, bigger maps, more depth etc.

I briefly entertained the notion of a Tie Fighter remake with those graphics, but I think I blacked out for like an hour because of sheer excitement, so I don't do that anymore.

XWVM won't be nearly that nice, but it's a huge update to the original X-Wing game. They'll be converting Tie Fighter next.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Op Ed Dec 22, 2017, 09:30 Creston

Slick wrote on Dec 22, 2017, 00:13:
Starfighter assault in SWBF2 is pretty fun for about 4-5 hours, then it just falls flat. The mechanics are well done, very arcade, but there's not enough depth. I would totally play a dedicated game that really expands on the mechanics, with more players, bigger maps, more depth etc.

I briefly entertained the notion of a Tie Fighter remake with those graphics, but I think I blacked out for like an hour because of sheer excitement, so I don't do that anymore.

5. Re: Op Ed Dec 22, 2017, 01:52 Numinar

Ok how about 100 star wars ships spawn in a galaxy and... no.

Tie Fighter in HD/Elite dangerous quality graphics should be fine. Add co-op and I'd pay 60 bucks for it.

4. Re: Op Ed Dec 22, 2017, 00:13 Slick

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

3. Re: Op Ed Dec 21, 2017, 20:32 Cutter

Yeah, a new SW space shooter would mean you have to pay for each and every shot you take, as well as your shields.

I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END. - Miranda Hart

2. Re: Op Ed Dec 21, 2017, 20:23 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 19:32:
I can't believe nobody thought of this before!

No Lootboxes, so no dice.

That being said, the XWVM mod for X-Wing is going to make another run through a must-play. They are making tremendous progress, and the game is looking fantastic.

Stay a while, and listen.

1. Re: Op Ed Dec 21, 2017, 19:32 jacobvandy

I can't believe nobody thought of this before!  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo