Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks

The Squadron 42 website now has system requirements for the upcoming single-player spinoff of Star Citizen. These specs are pretty vague about CPUs and GPUs, but do state the space action game will require 16+ GB of RAM. Thanks DSOGaming, where they also note a new IGN video offers a look at Mark Hamill's character in action in the game, where he plays a salty military type. Word is: "Get the best look yet at Mark Hamill as Old Man Colton, who your young pilot will interact with in Squadron 42." Finally, a VIP-only post on the Roberts Space Industries indicates they are now selling tanks for Star Citizen, alongside the ships they sell for the in-progress game. PC Invasion has the images from the post, indicating these tank packages start at an eye-opening $95 and escalate to a sphincter-opening $725. Orbiting back around to where we started, here are those system specs:

• Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 - Anniversary Update (64bit)
  • DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
  • Quad Core CPU
  • 16GB+ RAM
  • SSD strongly recommended

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 22, 2017, 03:17 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 16:46:
I don't think that's how Christopher Blair sounded in WC 3 and 4...

It is. Mark Hamill's voice has simply aged.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 17:43 Hump

Wheres the FTC in this pile fuckery? Its mind bending to me that there are people still on-board with this.....whatever the fuck it is.....  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

44. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 17:43 VaranDragon

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 16:46:

Yep. Christopher Blair was basically Luke Skywalker. Pansy ass farmer's kid from the ass end of nowhere.

43. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 16:46 Creston

42. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 15:16 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 11:27:
(in all seriousness, it looks good, though I wish Mark wasn't overdoing it so much on the "MUST SOUND GRUFF" vocals.)

That's not Mark, that's Chris' direction. He basically wants Christopher Blair from Wing Commander 3 and 4.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

41. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 15:12 Kxmode

Prez wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 22:29:
Okay the nonsense surrounding this game has reached epic levels but c'mon... Mark Hamill kinda looks badass. It's okay, you can admit it.

That's why the project is still receiving funds. The marketing team is brilliant.

40. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 15:04 Kosumo

HAHHAHA 30 mins before their year end Holiday Stream, they delay it by 24 hours!

Total clowns running this mismanaged project.

Oh well, you can always watch last years amateur hour live stream (which RSI removed their copy from the web)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_ZcA1dwu0

39. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 14:58 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 14:45:
NKD wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 02:41:
What are they gonna sell next, novelty sex toys? Fucks sake

Don't joke, they're already positioned for that:

"Aegis Dynamics Penatrator"
"Anvil Aerospace Anal Tickler"
"Drake Interplanetary Double Dong"

"Drake Interplanetary Double Dong" can be used in both single-player and multi-player modes

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

38. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 14:45 jdreyer

Don't joke, they're already positioned for that:

"Aegis Dynamics Penatrator"
"Anvil Aerospace Anal Tickler"
"Drake Interplanetary Double Dong"

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

37. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 12:37 HorrorScope

loomy wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 07:22:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 01:08:
Specs? Must be right around the corner for a release.

LOL on the skimpy ass GPU recommendation. DX11, 2 gig ram... wow, that could be a mighty old card by now. Uh huh.

the specs are accurate according to my experience. the game is poorly threaded, so it likes a faster CPU more than more cores. the graphics look amazing but aren't that demanding because there's a lot of nothing in space, and their ground levels are probably in buildings without much going on. the game has a lot of STUFF, textures and geometry, just not all on the screen at once, so there's a lot of disk loading, and it already fills 16gb RAM.

Hmmm.... so all these years when people are saying they are going to need a monster system, all for naught? That spec is something like a GT450 video card. I get the space part of your point, but didn't we see a city world from space you can fly down into and then fly through a never ending city, like never before in a game? That looks intensive. But you're right they are using the magic of Amazon and their Lumberjack, probably the most streamlined engine ever.

Or is SQ42, simply not going to that tech and just be a Station to obtain missions and then do them in space only type thing? If so... ok starting to feel ya.

36. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 11:27 Creston

Okay the nonsense surrounding this game has reached epic levels but c'mon... Mark Hamill kinda looks badass. It's okay, you can admit it.

Well, yeah. I mean... it's Mark Hamill! He looks badass no matter what.

Here:

|_

That's my rendition of a side-view of Mark Hamill sitting down. Now go and tell me he does NOT look badass!

(in all seriousness, it looks good, though I wish Mark wasn't overdoing it so much on the "MUST SOUND GRUFF" vocals.)

35. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 08:19 RedEye9

Sure, but don't wave one at Uhura while on the bridge unless you want to be dishonorably discharged.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

34. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 07:22 loomy

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 01:08:

LOL on the skimpy ass GPU recommendation. DX11, 2 gig ram... wow, that could be a mighty old card by now. Uh huh.

the specs are accurate according to my experience. the game is poorly threaded, so it likes a faster CPU more than more cores. the graphics look amazing but aren't that demanding because there's a lot of nothing in space, and their ground levels are probably in buildings without much going on. the game has a lot of STUFF, textures and geometry, just not all on the screen at once, so there's a lot of disk loading, and it already fills 16gb RAM.

33. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 02:41 NKD

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

32. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 02:27 VaranDragon

Im sure Mark Hammill's baddassiness will bring in at least another million in .jpeg sales.

Meanwhile, no actual space sim gameplay videos of the single player space sim game. Yay.

31. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 02:26 Nailbender

"...indicating these tank packages start at an eye-opening $95 and escalate to a sphincter-opening $725."

I'm LOLing till now. This is one of the reasons why I come here every day. Gotta love Blue's honest way of news coverage.

30. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 02:07 Luke

And people will yet again throw money into it , come to daddy come to daddy ......pathetic  

29. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 01:08 HorrorScope

28. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 00:58 jdreyer

Just one more thing. For the most part I think the ship designs in Star Citizen have been pretty cool. Good designs.

Those tanks on the other hand are just awful. Good luck selling anything like that.

Cool tanks aren't hard.
Here are a couple.
Here's another.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

27. Re: Squadron 42 Specs and Trailer; Star Citizen Selling Tanks Dec 21, 2017, 00:42 jdreyer

ItBurn wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 23:34:
I don't know about all the rest, but that "trailer" was good.

It was. SQ 42 is the only reason I still care about this. I'll make fun of the PTU that will never get delivered all day long, but if I get SQ 42 out of my $35, it will have all been worth the wait.

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo