Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2017, 20:58 Burrito of Peace

Fuck Amber alerts while we're at it, too. I turn those off as well. I know, here's a really fucking solid plan:

1. Blare some skullfucking, ear piercing alarm at all hours of the day and night even when you have the audio disabled.
2. Give the shittiest description known to man. Case in point "Brown Nissan. Plate OU812AZBA". Right, because when I am driving at 80 on the highway, I have time or the inclination to check every fucking plate of a brown Nissan at speed.

I don't care if its the goddamned Childlike Empress being kidnapped, there's zero cause to blare my fucking phone at 3am on a Wednesday because some kid 150 miles away may or may not be actually missing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 21, 2017, 16:54 Creston

I just kind of fail to see what I'm supposed to do with a Blue alert?

There's a cop in danger. Okay... Am I supposed to run around screaming "BLUE ALERT BLUE ALERT!" Am I supposed to get a weapon and come to the cop's aid? Am I supposed to run far the fuck away? (And where do I run to?) Hunt the cop killer down? I mean, what?

So, good job, Ajit Pai. You will go down in history as the guy LITERALLY more incompetent than Trump himself.

9. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 11:52 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 07:52:
Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 07:24:
The purpose of amber alerts aren't to tell you about danger in the area, it's to crowdsource eyes looking for a certain vehicle.

I get them from numerous states away. A cop in danger in Virginia won't be very useful for me in New York. Hell, a cop in danger a few miles away in Brooklyn wouldn't be useful to me.
I would rather be alerted when Republicans are near.
They are usually misinformed, terrorized, armed and elderly.

Given that 48% of the country's voters are clinically retarded, as evidenced of 2016, odds are there's one NEAR YOU RIGHT NOW.

THE CORPORATE CUCKOLDRY IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

8. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 07:52 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 07:24:
The purpose of amber alerts aren't to tell you about danger in the area, it's to crowdsource eyes looking for a certain vehicle.

I get them from numerous states away. A cop in danger in Virginia won't be very useful for me in New York. Hell, a cop in danger a few miles away in Brooklyn wouldn't be useful to me.
I would rather be alerted when Republicans are near.
They are usually misinformed, terrorized, armed and elderly.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

7. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 07:24 Beamer

Retired wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 01:00:
NKD wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 22:21:
Why would we want this information? It's not like we can do anything with it. If some guy is trying to kill cops, presumably the cops already know, since they are sending out this alert. And since the rest of us aren't cops...

Get back to me when you can alert me when me or my neighbors lives are in imminent danger. That's something I can do something about.

I would argue that you ARE in imminent danger, as at the point of a Blue alert, they have indicated they will do anything to get away.

But hey, what do I know. Lets just turn off Amber alert too right? Cause hell, it isn't YOUR kid so why would you need to know that info?

Idiots.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 21, 2017, 07:21 RedEye9

in all black neighborhoods it just let's them know when to cheer

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

5. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 04:10 Retired

NKD wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 02:51:
Why would we want this information? It's not like we can do anything with it. If some guy is trying to kill cops, presumably the cops already know, since they are sending out this alert. And since the rest of us aren't cops...

Get back to me when you can alert me when me or my neighbors lives are in imminent danger. That's something I can do something about.

I would argue that you ARE in imminent danger, as at the point of a Blue alert, they have indicated they will do anything to get away.

But hey, what do I know. Lets just turn off Amber alert too right? Cause hell, it isn't YOUR kid so why would you need to know that info?

Idiots.

History shows that when the police are in pursuit of a cop killer, it's usually the police who end up shooting bystanders that aren't the suspects target, not the suspect. See: Christopher Dorner chase which had two incidents of random civvies being fired upon by the cops.

Maybe they ought to give us a "Blue Alert" when there's a cop within 500 yards so we can all stay inside and shut the lights off hoping you guys won't notice us and decide we "match the description of a suspect you're looking for."

Maybe if y'all stopped using steroids, and stealing the amphetamines from the evidence locker and using them before your shifts, y'all wouldn't be so fucked up. Your avatar is right on, all you cops see is black, white, and blue. Particularly black.

Yea go with that....good luck.

4. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 02:51 NKD

Idiots.

History shows that when the police are in pursuit of a cop killer, it's usually the police who end up shooting bystanders that aren't the suspects target, not the suspect. See: Christopher Dorner chase which had two incidents of random civvies being fired upon by the cops.

Maybe they ought to give us a "Blue Alert" when there's a cop within 500 yards so we can all stay inside and shut the lights off hoping you guys won't notice us and decide we "match the description of a suspect you're looking for."

Maybe if y'all stopped using steroids, and stealing the amphetamines from the evidence locker and using them before your shifts, y'all wouldn't be so fucked up. Your avatar is right on, all you cops see is black, white, and blue. Particularly black.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

3. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 01:00 Retired

Idiots.

2. Re: Dec 20, 2017, 22:21 NKD

1. "Blue Alerts," indicating danger to law enforcement in your area. Dec 20, 2017, 17:22 Burrito of Peace

And I'll turn them off just as quickly. Fuck your text message spam.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo