Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced

SEGA announces Rise of the Tomb Kings, a new campaign pack coming to Total War: WARHAMMER II on January 23rd. Interestingly this uses the same title as a live event that Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning ran back in 2009. This post has details and a FAQ, and this trailer offers a look. Here's word:

Across the arid wastes of once-proud Nehekhara, legions of skeletal warriors and vast, terrifying constructs rise from the sands to serve their ageless masters. The Tomb Kings have awoken to rebuild their glorious empire anew!

New to both the Eye of the Vortex campaign and Mortal Empires in Total War: WARHAMMER II, the Rise of the Tomb Kings Campaign Pack introduces an entirely fresh campaign experience with a raft of race-specific gameplay mechanics, victory objectives, and lashings of authentic lore. In battle, the Tomb Kings field countless skeletal units, supported by towering stone constructs such as the Tomb Scorpion, Necrosphinx and the colossal Hierotitan.

In response to player feedback, Rise of the Tomb Kings does not contain a supplementary story campaign, but instead 2 additional Legendary Lords for a total of four, with their own skills, traits, quest-chains, legendary wargear and situational challenges. Players may embark on Tomb Kings campaigns as Settra the Imperishable, Khalida, Khatep and Nagash's former lieutenant, the malignant Arkhan the Black.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. No subject Dec 20, 2017, 01:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Rhett wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 00:27:
I also tried getting into TWH2 (loved TWH 1) but the new map and minor changes just totally floored me for some reason. I think the jungle was too cheery for me, for the setting.
Same problem I had. I generally get 150-300hrs into a TW game right off the bat, Rome 2 just pissed me off, and TWH2 just had an "off" feeling with it. Likely be better when it's all fleshed out.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced Dec 20, 2017, 00:27 Rhett

I figure we won't see a GOTY pack until WH3 comes out (it's supposed to be a trilogy IIRC). So hold onto your wallets!

I also tried getting into TWH2 (loved TWH 1) but the new map and minor changes just totally floored me for some reason. I think the jungle was too cheery for me, for the setting.

5. No subject Dec 19, 2017, 23:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Orogogus wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 22:36:

That seems optimistic. I don't even see an all-in-one pack for Rome II or Attila, and those games are about 3-4 years old.

Good point. Likely we'll never see anything especially since content from WH1 transfers to WH2.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced Dec 19, 2017, 22:36 Orogogus

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 22:20:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 21:52:
Did Warhammer I ever come out with all the nickle and dime DLC wrapped up in one GOTY edition?
No and there doesn't appear to be plans right now for anything like that. Likely because the game sold so well, maybe in 6mo after half of WH2's stuff really starts rolling out?

That seems optimistic. I don't even see an all-in-one pack for Rome II or Attila, and those games are about 3-4 years old.

3. No subject Dec 19, 2017, 22:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 21:52:
Did Warhammer I ever come out with all the nickle and dime DLC wrapped up in one GOTY edition?
No and there doesn't appear to be plans right now for anything like that. Likely because the game sold so well, maybe in 6mo after half of WH2's stuff really starts rolling out?

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced Dec 19, 2017, 21:52 Burrito of Peace

1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II: Rise of the Tomb Kings Announced Dec 19, 2017, 20:02 eRe4s3r

Well.. i know what part of the map is gonna become a huge clusterfuck

But it would be nice if the Foundation update would actually ship first.. because that is still missing !

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo