Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles

A new job listing on Blizzard Careers puts out the call for a Senior Software Engineer for an unannounced game (thanks DSOGaming). There are hints about the nature of the project, though, which will be a first-person game for multiple platforms with a heavy vehicular emphasis, as the word vehicle appears five times on that page. Here's the post:

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented gameplay engineer to help create vehicles and build vehicle handling features in a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has proven experience in vehicle handling, with exposure to other game systems like physics, animation, and cameras. They must have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games across multiple genres and platforms.

Responsibilities

• Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience
  • Work with animators and technical artists to ensure a powerful and easy workflow
  • Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build optimized, sustainable, and maintainable technologies and code
  • Serve as the bridge between our engine technology, game design, and art
  • Bring great ideas from inception to fruition
  • Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values—especially “Gameplay First”

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 20, 2017, 07:36 Bub

My guess is they are going for a Rocket League knockoff.

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2017, 22:34 deqer

Bumpy wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 21:28:
Let me know when they stop making toon games and start doing great single player campaigns then I might get interested.

If you look closely, you'll notice it's not toon art. It's smart art.

23. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 21:28 Bumpy

Let me know when they stop making toon games and start doing great single player campaigns then I might get interested.

22. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 20:49 NewMaxx

Overwatch...WITH VEHICLES!  

21. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 20:08 CJ_Parker

No, really? Vehicles? You mean actual fucking VEHICLES? V-E-H-I-C-L-E-S???

Oh man. Wow wow wow wow wow wow so so AWESOME!!!

/jizzpants

20. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2017, 18:30 Wallshadows

Osc8r wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 17:34:
Blizzard - dumbing down gaming one genre at a time.

You forgot the part where they laugh all the way to the bank with huge sacks of cash.

19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2017, 17:54 Mordecai Walfish

I would blow many loads if they threw their weight into the gta-type genre with the interstate76 IP and some solid single-player to go along with the inevitable multiplayer portion.  

18. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2017, 17:34 Osc8r

Blizzard - dumbing down gaming one genre at a time.  

17. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2017, 16:43 HoSpanky

deqer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 15:07:
What happened to Blur?

It was trash? Actually the game ITSELF was decently fun, but oh boy did it look dated the instant it came out. I picked it up for super duper cheap like 3 months after it came out. Had fun for a little while.

I’d be excited for a vehicle-heavy game from Blizzard. They may currently be busy copying popular game types, but they ALWAYS have top notch quality in their titles.

If you want a spectacular simcade racer, pick up Forza Horizon 3 and the Hot Wheels expansion. Yes it’s win10/Windows store only, and IF you have an AMD card, forget I mentioned the game at all and go about your business. Otherwise, try the demo and then head to eBay; the game + expansion can be had for about $35.

16. Re: etc. Dec 19, 2017, 15:07 deqer

What happened to Blur?

15. Re: Oohh... Dec 19, 2017, 15:00 Agent.X7

Doombringer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 10:34:
Finally a Rock & Roll Racing sequel?

Not that we need it, but that would be... interesting.

My first thought. Man I loved that game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

14. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 14:26 Cutter

'Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values—especially “Gameplay Grinding First”'

And fixed.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

13. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 14:22 Beamer

RaZ0r! wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 14:15:
I hope they cap the FoV at 60 so it feels like my nose is against the monitor when I play.

You've got it backwards. A tight FOV feels like you're far away from the monitor. Think of it like a window - the closer you are, the wider you see. The farther away you are, the more narrow your view out of it. That's why consoles have low FOVs - you're usually 5-8 feet from the TV.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 14:15 RaZ0r!

I hope they cap the FoV at 60 so it feels like my nose is against the monitor when I play.  

11. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 13:15 jdreyer

StarCraft FPS, finally.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

10. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 12:27 Quinn

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 10:58:
Another lootbox infected mess no doubt...

Absolutely zero issues with Overwatch's lootboxes. All cosmetics.

In fact, I wouldn't have enjoyed Overwatch as much as I did if it wasn't for the incentive.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. Re: Oohh... Dec 19, 2017, 11:17 Dalumberjack

Doombringer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 10:34:
Finally a Rock & Roll Racing sequel?

Not that we need it, but that would be... interesting.

So many fond memories of time wasted playing Rock & Roll Racing. 25% of that time was trying to find a video store that had it for rent. Never could find it to buy for some reason (or my parents wouldn't buy it. Cant remember, too long ago).

Not sure how first person would work, but wont knock it till I try it if that's what they are doing.

I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq

8. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 11:08 VaranDragon

Hmmmm. A proper sequel to Interstate 76? It's Activision's IP, and I could see Blizzard doing it justice....  

7. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 10:58 eRe4s3r

Another lootbox infected mess no doubt...  

6. Re: Unannounced Blizzard First-Person Game Features Vehicles Dec 19, 2017, 10:47 NKD

El Pit wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 09:57:
Borderlands 3? Just... better than Borderlands? Yay!

And please no MMO... Please no MMO... Please no MMO... Single-player or no sale.

Single-player? From a company that makes literally all its money off multiplayer? Unlikely. MMO? Also unlikely, given that genre is now essentially crowdfunded disasters and foreign P2W imports.

"Broke their brown backs chasing Mr. White's dream,
that Bill of Rights was just a pyramid scheme."
- Nunca David Hidalgo & Los Refugio Tiernos

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo