Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie

GOG.com announces the release of the White Death Bundle and the Vintage Gunslinger Bundle for Dying Light, which are also available thought Steam here and here. Also, Techland followings through on their promise of a year's worth of free DLC for Dying Light with the release of a second freebie for the zombie game with the release of a free Gun Silencer update. This video has the details on this content drop, and what follows is an outline of the other two new DLC packs:

Zombie-killing can be messy business and more often than not you need to use whatever gear is at hand. However, show up dressed for the occasion and your job could get much easier, not to mention stylish. The White Death and Vintage Gunslinger Bundles provide you with new formidable weapons and blueprints, character outfits, buggy paint jobs, and one new vehicle each to put the fear of death back in the undead.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 18:44 Wallshadows

This game could have gone from excellent to great if the modding wasn't handicapped. I was excited to hear it would feature Steamworks but I can't even think of one mod which caught my attention since I bought the game on release day.

So much potential just pissed away.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 18:07 GinRummy

What bothers me is that if you own the Season Pass you still have to pay for those couple extra skins. It's not a huge deal, but the point of a Season Pass is that it should include all the DLC.  

5. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 15:55 Rhett

I mean.. compared to Ubisoft's complete butchering of Ghost Recon Wildlands and its cosmetic/extra DLC... ugh. $15 for A GUN. A single gun. $20 to look like The Predator. WTF.  

4. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 12:34 jacobvandy

Meh, skins don't bother me, it's a lot better than these $3 packs actually including something useful and making me want to buy them! Like the Harran Ranger Bundle, which includes the only bow in the game that does more than make zombies into pin-cushions.  

3. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 11:35 MajorD

Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 11:07:
Great game, shitty publisher manipulation tactics. This is why they Killed modding, complete exploitation and the community would obviously do a better job.

FYI, in case anyone else is an IZombie fan, Dying Light is always the Zombie killing game they play during the show. Lighter

Agreed, Dying Light is an awesome game, especially CoOp play, which is the best I've ever played.

But yeah, they primed the pump with the free DLC, saying, "Hey, look at us, how great we are releasing all this free DLC for our game", only to end the marketing campaign with crap paid DLC. If it was map extensions and/or extra campaigns, it would been more acceptable, but this was just a disappointing move. Disappointed

Still counting...

2. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 11:07 Acleacius

Great game, shitty publisher manipulation tactics. This is why they Killed modding, complete exploitation and the community would obviously do a better job.

FYI, in case anyone else is an IZombie fan, Dying Light is always the Zombie killing game they play during the show. Lighter

Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

1. Re: Dying Light Gets Three DLC Packs, Including a Freebie Dec 19, 2017, 10:40 Creston

I love Dying Light, and I think their year of free DLC is fantastic, but these two paid DLC packs are just absolute garbage. They're not new weapons, they're new SKINS. And in the case of the White Death rifle, it literally looks like they took the Harran Military Rifle skin, and painted it white instead of orange...

3 bucks for a few skins. Hey, if people want to buy that, be my guest. I think that's an awful deal.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo