Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns

The Dawning event gets underway today in Destiny 2, Bungie's first-person shooter sequel. Bungie.net has all the details on how to celebrate the season in the game:

Happy Dawning to All
It may be cold outside, but there's a warmth in the air. As the year comes to an end, the Tower and Farm are decorated with festive cheer. It's a time to celebrate your Light.

Snowball Fights
Guardians aren't just arming themselves with weapons. There are snowball piles everywhere you look. In the Tower and at the Farm, you can tag your friends for bragging rights. In Strikes, you can blast an enemy with a snowball to stun them and deal big damage. Stay frosty out there.

Mayhem in the Cold
Keep your blood warm and your heart pumping in the Crucible. Mayhem is back, so your abilities recharge faster. Point values are cranked up enough to melt the ice. It's anarchy—and it's awesome.

Milestones of Winter
Engage in Crucible Mayhem or become legend in Strikes and you'll be rewarded. Every week, complete a milestone for a Dawning engram. Get in the giving mood with new consumables that give rewards to everyone you're playing with. If there’s a specific Dawning item that you have your heart set on, Tess will refresh her inventory each week, enabling you to use your Bright Dust reserves for your holiday shopping. On one week or another during the three-week event, you’ll find every Dawning-themed exotic (ship, ghost, sparrow, emote) and every Dawning-themed legendary armor piece on her shelves.

Gifting and Receiving
Pick up a Dawning Gift Schematic from the Bazaar. Venture to other worlds and craft a unique gift for the vendors and agents you find in the Tower and beyond. Then, give the lucky recipient their gift and receive a gift in return. You can participate in the season of giving every day of the event.

The Dawning begins on Tuesday, December 19.
The Dawning ends on Tuesday, January 9.

Let’s usher in a new year, and a new Golden Age together.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 18:37 Mac

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 18:24:
Rhialto wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 12:33:
I've got a code with my new video card, I don't want to activate it because I'm not interested in that game. Suggestions? I know if I sell/trade the person needs to have a 1080 or 1080 Ti.

A 1080 or 1080ti to play the game? If yes, then you are sadly mistaken.

A 1080 to activate the code ...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 18:24 The Half Elf

I've got a code with my new video card, I don't want to activate it because I'm not interested in that game. Suggestions? I know if I sell/trade the person needs to have a 1080 or 1080 Ti.

A 1080 or 1080ti to play the game? If yes, then you are sadly mistaken.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

11. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 15:54 Rhett

I used to do all my code dealings on www.cheapassgamer.com - I've personally never been scammed, as usually the highest "rep" person goes first. Maybe you can trade it for another game that requires one of those cards?

10. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 15:29 Tipsy McStagger

peteham wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 15:06:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 11:55:
Bright dust can be acquired by dismantling shaders/ships/sparrows. You get tons of these with just regular play so not that bad unless the prices are ridiculous like 3000 bright dust.
I've played enough to have two characters at the expansion level cap, and a third at the old cap (305). Not sure how many hours that amounts to. 100-200?

Now, I've only used my in-game silver to buy fireteam tokens, of which I've gotten a few. Sitting at about 3000 bright dust at the moment. There's no way to actively farm it in-game besides just grinding levels. Let's say I could increase that 50% if I dismantled every Eververse shader/sparrow/ship I have. It's still a pittance. These items cost the same as the rest of the store-stuff, so between 400-1500+. For reference, 2000 silver can be bought for 20 EUR or 23-24 USD. These rewards could've been handed out for challenges and im-game objectives in a game that's so content lite it desperately needs stuff to do, but no. The entire end-game is balanced around this, and it's glorious...

I have 1 character that is 330 light, i don't have any other characters and I video game maybe 10 hours a week at maximum. I've probably put 60 hours into D2 so far.

I've spent ~8000 bright dust.. Those purple shaders and ships/sparrows your keeping are worth a LOT. Also if you do more public quests, you get way more EXP which means way more Bright Ingrams (Illuminated Ingrams now)

9. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 15:11 peteham

Cast it into the fire!

8. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 15:06 peteham

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 11:55:
Bright dust can be acquired by dismantling shaders/ships/sparrows. You get tons of these with just regular play so not that bad unless the prices are ridiculous like 3000 bright dust.
I've played enough to have two characters at the expansion level cap, and a third at the old cap (305). Not sure how many hours that amounts to. 100-200?

Now, I've only used my in-game silver to buy fireteam tokens, of which I've gotten a few. Sitting at about 3000 bright dust at the moment. There's no way to actively farm it in-game besides just grinding levels. Let's say I could increase that 50% if I dismantled every Eververse shader/sparrow/ship I have. It's still a pittance. These items cost the same as the rest of the store-stuff, so between 400-1500+. For reference, 2000 silver can be bought for 20 EUR or 23-24 USD. These rewards could've been handed out for challenges and im-game objectives in a game that's so content lite it desperately needs stuff to do, but no. The entire end-game is balanced around this, and it's glorious...

7. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 12:46 Creston

Sell it on eBay? Most people do that with their codes.

6. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 12:33 Rhialto

5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 12:20 Darks

Fucking Bungie, its always gotta be about the Crucible. Fucking assholes!!  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 12:01 Creston

Don't worry, though. They had an ad up for a lootbox designer to join their team so from here on out, it's just going to get better and better!*

(* for Activision. Not for you.)

3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 11:55 Tipsy McStagger

peteham wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 10:42:
If there’s a specific Dawning item that you have your heart set on, Tess will refresh her inventory each week, enabling you to use your Bright Dust reserves for your holiday shopping. On one week or another during the three-week event, you’ll find every Dawning-themed exotic (ship, ghost, sparrow, emote) and every Dawning-themed legendary armor piece on her shelves.
Rather ballsy of them to include that in the current player climate Or just completely out of touch.

2. Re: Destiny 2 The Dawning Dawns Dec 19, 2017, 11:54 MrGrosser

I wonder if you need the season pass for this too?  

1. Re: Game Reviews Dec 19, 2017, 10:42 peteham

If there’s a specific Dawning item that you have your heart set on, Tess will refresh her inventory each week, enabling you to use your Bright Dust reserves for your holiday shopping. On one week or another during the three-week event, you’ll find every Dawning-themed exotic (ship, ghost, sparrow, emote) and every Dawning-themed legendary armor piece on her shelves.
Rather ballsy of them to include that in the current player climate Or just completely out of touch.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo