Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free

There's another freebie to be had on the Humble Store, where they are currently offering Layers of Fear and its Soundtrack for 100% off its normal price of $24.99 USD. You can play this indie adventure game on Windows, Linux, and macOS, and a Steam account, as this is redeemed through Steam. You have a bit under 48 hours to get in on this, and here are some details on the game to help you decide:

You take another drink as the canvas looms in front of you. A light flickers dimly in the corner. You’ve created countless pieces of art, but never anything like…this. Why haven’t you done this before? It seems so obvious in retrospect. Your friends, critics, business partners—soon, they’ll all see. But something’s still missing…

You look up, startled. That melody… Was that a piano? It sounded just like her… But, no—that would be impossible. She’s gone. They’re all gone.
Have to focus. How long has it taken to get to this point? Too long, but it doesn’t matter. There will be no more distractions. It’s almost finished. You can feel it. Your creation. Your Magnum Opus.

Dare you help paint a true Masterpiece of Fear? Layers of Fear is a first-person psychedelic horror game with a heavy focus on story and exploration. Delve deep into the mind of an insane painter and discover the secret of his madness, as you walk through a vast and constantly changing Victorian-era mansion. Uncover the visions, fears and horrors that entwine the painter and finish the masterpiece he has strived so long to create.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 19, 2017, 18:54 Armengar

its not even manual really. you get an email 1 min afterwards. click a link in the email. click a link to redeem in steam via browser.

i did the lot in 2 mins on the bus commute.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 19, 2017, 07:27 RedEye9

<remuved>

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2017, 07:50.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

10. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Dec 19, 2017, 05:27 Bitterbug

I consider this a must-have game just for the freakishly cool level design. It's worth it at full price, a great deal on sale, and you're missing out on a lot to pass it up for free.
It's a fun puzzle exploration game and, even if you don't care for the story, the visual effects are awesome.

9. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 19, 2017, 05:15 CJ_Parker

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 23:12:
FYI, this is one of those giveaways with a deadline to redeem your key (two weeks here). It doesn't happen often, but I missed out on one of the games they were giving out a few months back because I claimed it to my Humble account but didn't follow through with redeeming on Steam for a while... Came back to see that it'd expired and the key was erased.

Not sure why that kind of stipulation is made when they cut deals like this. Is it not enough of a limitation to only give out keys for 48 hours, you have to make unused ones expire after a while, too? Afraid they'll run out, maybe?

Yeah, free or not, I also think it's outrageous that they require you to put in the 30 seconds of extra work to manually add the game to your Steam account.

Fucking industry keeps talking about deep learning and AI all the time but they can't even telepathically figure out when you grabbed a frickin' free game??????????!??!??! What?!?!?

8. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 19, 2017, 04:12 Acleacius

I thought maybe it was to celebrate the start of their Holiday sale, but honestly it didn't seem like there was much on sale yet.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 22:42:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 21:52:
Great deal!

Arguably, the only way it could be a better deal is if they were to pay you to take the game and play it.
We have got to find some deals like that!

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

7. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 19, 2017, 00:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 23:12:
Great deal!

Arguably, the only way it could be a better deal is if they were to pay you to take the game and play it.

Picked it up, although Steam bugged out when I tried to add the soundtrack, said 'Application Failure' or something along those lines.

Trying to put the soundtrack key in again said it was already added to my account, but it doesn't show up. Oh well.

You didn't have the game installed. The Soundtrack is considered "DLC". Ran in to the same issue myself.

Ah, that makes perfect sense, thanks!

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2017, 00:01 Mordecai Walfish

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 23:12:
FYI, this is one of those giveaways with a deadline to redeem your key (two weeks here). It doesn't happen often, but I missed out on one of the games they were giving out a few months back because I claimed it to my Humble account but didn't follow through with redeeming on Steam for a while... Came back to see that it'd expired and the key was erased.

Not sure why that kind of stipulation is made when they cut deals like this. Is it not enough of a limitation to only give out keys for 48 hours, you have to make unused ones expire after a while, too? Afraid they'll run out, maybe?

It is a counter-measure for online games key sellers/sites.

5. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 18, 2017, 23:12 jacobvandy

4. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 18, 2017, 23:12 Burrito of Peace

Great deal!

Picked it up, although Steam bugged out when I tried to add the soundtrack, said 'Application Failure' or something along those lines.

Trying to put the soundtrack key in again said it was already added to my account, but it doesn't show up. Oh well.

You didn't have the game installed. The Soundtrack is considered "DLC". Ran in to the same issue myself.

3. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 18, 2017, 22:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Great deal!

2. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 18, 2017, 22:19 RedEye9

Sweet, grabbed it.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

1. Re: Get Layers of Fear and Soundtrack for Free Dec 18, 2017, 21:52 Acleacius

Great deal!  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.