Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, we've cleaned up as best we could after our ceiling collapse yesterday. Now I'm just waiting to hear from our insurance company to see what the next steps will be. It doesn't seem as dramatic as all that after getting rid of the water and debris. There's that hole in the ceiling, of course, but this was drywall, not plaster, so I'm hopeful that whatever drainage issue that caused this can be addressed (especially with the fallen ceiling exposing the pipes), and that after that repairing the drywall (dryceiling?) will be pretty simple. But what do I know?

Reparable Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Christmas Pong.
Link: Deliverance From 27,000 Feet.
Stories: World Health Organization clashes with DEA on marijuana compound CBD. Thanks Boing Boing.
Science: Euless Fire Department Christmas Lights Mix. Thanks Hypothermia.
Hurricane Harvey studies: Yesterday’s 100-year storm is today’s 30-year storm.
Flu Season Is Here Early. Why Didn't We See It Coming?
Media: Toddler Upon Hearing Santa Is Coming To His House: 'WTF?'
Two failed LED bulbs for teardown to determine the cause.
RC Dogfighting-Jousting.
The Funnies: Adult Children. Yes.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 18:28 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 11:35:
On a serious note, our infrastructure is truly crumbling and in need of massive investment.
Agreed

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 16:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 11:33:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 03:29:
At least now I know which game inspired UbiSoft to add a photo mode to ACO.

No Man's Sky?

Don't know anything about NMS photo mode but I do know the PM in ACO looks almost identical to HDZ's PM.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 11:35 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 07:23:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 18:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 18:06:
We are cutting corporate and rich peoples taxes, but during this tragedy let me tell you about our failing infrastructure while the government takes in less money to fix said infrastructure.
actual tweet from @realFuckfaceVonClownstick
The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!
Don't worry, we're going to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and SS to pay for both the tax cuts and infrastructure spending. Sorry you old and indigent people. You shouldn't have been so lazy as to become old and indigent.
And in all things Heir Dotard tweets, he was wrong once again. The Amtrak accident had nothing to due with Infrastructure and everything to do with driving the train 50 MPH Over the Posted Safe Speed for that part of the tracks.

Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

On a serious note, our infrastructure is truly crumbling and in need of massive investment.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 11:33 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 03:29:
At least now I know which game inspired UbiSoft to add a photo mode to ACO.

No Man's Sky?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 10:49 RedEye9

Verno wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 08:50:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 17:43:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 11:08:
27k deliverance was a good read.
Always amazes me the selfishness of an Everest climber..
This dude left behind a 10 year old daughter without a father.. to say he climbed up a piece of rock.
It's not even a very technical climb, its just the low oxygen environment and crowds of amateurs getting in your way that are challenging. If you're going to risk your life for bragging rights like an idiot, at least go climb something challenging like [/url].
Everest has been killing people long before it became the vacation spot of amateurs.

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 08:50 Verno

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 17:43:

This dude left behind a 10 year old daughter without a father.. to say he climbed up a piece of rock.

It's not even a very technical climb, its just the low oxygen environment and crowds of amateurs getting in your way that are challenging. If you're going to risk your life for bragging rights like an idiot, at least go climb something challenging like K2 or Annapurna.

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 07:23 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 18:27:
We are cutting corporate and rich peoples taxes, but during this tragedy let me tell you about our failing infrastructure while the government takes in less money to fix said infrastructure.
The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!
Don't worry, we're going to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and SS to pay for both the tax cuts and infrastructure spending. Sorry you old and indigent people. You shouldn't have been so lazy as to become old and indigent.
And in all things Heir Dotard tweets, he was wrong once again. The Amtrak accident had nothing to due with Infrastructure and everything to do with driving the train 50 MPH Over the Posted Safe Speed for that part of the tracks.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 03:29 Kxmode

Here's a screenshot I took with the game's photo mode of a large capital in Horizon Zero Dawn called Meridian. At least now I know which game inspired UbiSoft to add a photo mode to ACO.

screenshot 1
screenshot 2

Apologies for the less than 4K quality.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2017, 01:34 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 22:45:
Off topic, but I just saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and arrggh... so many minor details off... so aggravating...

Come join the spoiler thread. Interested in your take.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Off topic, but I just saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and arrggh... so many minor details off... so aggravating...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 21:46 jdreyer

At this point the Republicans are angling for lobbying, consulting, and think tank positions when they get thrown out of office next year. So may as well give corporations what they want to further enhance your negotiating position.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 19:59 Mr. Tact

Just don't know if I should be laughing or crying anymore:

Senator Bob Corker says he hasn't read the tax bill which he said he'll vote for.

Why hadn't he read it? Because he wanted plausible deniability to the provision added after his previous "no" vote, which would directly effect his personal taxes. Gotta hand to these guys, they really have steel balls...

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2017, 20:10.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 18:27 jdreyer

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 18:06 RedEye9

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 17:46 Tipsy McStagger

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 10:30:
My only fear would be mold.
But since it was a single event combined with the fact that it opened up (ceiling collapse) that should lessen the chance for fungi to take hold.

Make sure it dries completely, fix any moisture leaks
Put some bleach in a spray bottle and mist the area.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 17:43 Tipsy McStagger

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 14:29 Cutter

Toss up a few snaps of the damage, Blue. Again, from the sounds of it that would have been from pre-existing damage. Can't tell without seeing it however. I'm really curious how this turn out. It's far more exciting than your Tales of Doctor Toothy. Maybe you should start turning all this stuff into childrens books, 'Blue vists Dr. Toothy.', 'The Great Big Hole in Blue's Ceiling.' 'The Gunnar-man Escapes!'

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 13:40 Verno

Kxmode wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 13:33:

The only saving grace has been Horizon Zero Dawn. Not only is the game amazing on so many levels, but it is an excellent game for controller training. HDZ ease me into the controls pretty smoothly and repeats several times what I need to press. I like the on-demand difficulty switch. During particularly nasty boss fights it is nice to change the difficulty from Normal to Story (Carebear mode) on the fly.

Yeah it was a pretty damned good game that got overshadowed by Breath of the Wild. 2017 was pretty awesome.

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 13:38 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 10:30:
My only fear would be mold.
But since it was a single event combined with the fact that it opened up (ceiling collapse) that should lessen the chance for fungi to take hold.

It's a good point. Should run a heater in that room and point a fan at the ceiling for the next 24 hours or so. Dry that sucker out.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 13:33 Kxmode

My one chance to play KB/M on PS4 evaporated when the only authorized PS4 KB/M accessory did not work out of the box after an hour trying to set it up. Worse, HORI never responded to my repeated inquiries to assist me (and they still haven't). So I gave up and decided to continue playing with a controller (maybe that was Sony's intention all along?).

The only saving grace has been Horizon Zero Dawn. Not only is the game amazing on so many levels, but it is an excellent game for controller training. HDZ ease me into the controls pretty smoothly and repeats several times what I need to press. I like the on-demand difficulty switch. During particularly nasty boss fights it is nice to change the difficulty from Normal to Story (Carebear mode) on the fly.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo