Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support

A new Vision Statement from Eidos-Montréal discusses the developer's embrace of online gameplay, quoting studio head David 'Prison Tat' Anfossi saying "we are placing an added emphasis on the online experiences in our games, striving to continually provide players with content that is memorable and impactful." They also hear from director of online technology Sébastien Bessette saying, "We’re also structuring the DAWN engine, our proprietary technology, to interface with modern online solutions, which gives us the ability to take advantage of existing technologies." This apparently prompted some strong reactions, as DSOGaming notes a tweet from Anfossi, who responds to concerns this means the Deus Ex and Tomb Raider developer is abandoning single-player games: "Nobody said we give up the narrative single player games; this is what we like to do. Where did you read that?! ;)" He also later reassures: "Stay tuned if you like strong action adventure games ;)"
View : : :

Re: Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support
Dec 17, 2017, 18:17
Re: Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support Dec 17, 2017, 18:17
Dec 17, 2017, 18:17

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 17:07:
What I wonder is, how is that dude CEO of Eidos-Montreal and this tone deaf with the whole EA/Loot box situation......

You say "Online experience" and I think lootboxes and gambling. Yeah, that's a great and totally innocent association to draw up currently, way to goo, Mr Anfossi

Here's the thing: paying money for stuff, a little or a lot, is pain. Games are pleasure. Most of us like to get our pain over with one time, at the start, then have our pleasure for a nice long time. We don't want to be constantly mixing our pleasure and pain by having to pay niggly amounts for "online experiences."

If I wanted pain with my pleasure, I'd be into BDSM. I'm not.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.
Date
Subject
Author
Dec 17, 2017Dec 17 2017
 Re: Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support