Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 19, 2017, 06:19 eRe4s3r

Bodolza wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 14:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 04:31:
I stopped watching (And caring) after they killed the 1 female character that I cared about (the farm girl)

That's funny. I also stopped watching at the exact same time. It wasn't the fact that they killed the character - it was how they did it. It felt totally random and unnecessary. I realized at that point that the writers were more concerned with shock-value than anything else, and decided I didn't need the narrative abuse.

And seeing how later seasons turned out, that seemed to be exactly what was going on here, shock value through the roof but no plot coherence.

Narrative abuse? I call it lazy script-writing. And yes, GOT season 7 is not immune to that either, felt way to rushed and half-assed...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 18, 2017, 14:48 Bodolza

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2017, 04:31:
I stopped watching (And caring) after they killed the 1 female character that I cared about (the farm girl)

That's funny. I also stopped watching at the exact same time. It wasn't the fact that they killed the character - it was how they did it. It felt totally random and unnecessary. I realized at that point that the writers were more concerned with shock-value than anything else, and decided I didn't need the narrative abuse.

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 18, 2017, 07:34 Marvin T. Martian

Not dead. He was bit by a 'Whisperer'(read the comics). It's all hype to save the franchise.  

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 18, 2017, 04:31 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 21:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 11:27:
The new firefox is my daily driver.

The Walking Dead petition will have as much effect as the petition i created asking Disney to remake the latest SW:TLJ and make it a BETTER movie.

The walking dead jumped the shark years ago when they used full-auto instead of single fire considering they live in an ammunition scarce universe.

At this point the writers are just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I stopped watching (And caring) after they killed the 1 female character that I cared about (the farm girl), and after briefly watching s7 i don't regret that, they went 100% on violence but 0% on coherent storytelling and logic.

And yes, if they killed Aya in GoT I would have a hard time, but at least in GoT I like a lot more than 1 character.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 18, 2017, 01:48 Mordecai Walfish

rawbelly wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 17:13:
FF Quantum is my browser of choice as well.

I switched back from Chrome recently too. Loving it so far.

For users of the Tree Style Tabs add-on, add the following bit of code to the "%AppData%\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile name>\chrome\userChrome.css" file (create the file and the chrome directory if they are not there) to hide the redundant tabs at the top, and hide the "tree style tabs" header on the left side of the screen, in order to clean things up a bit:

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
#TabsToolbar {
visibility: collapse !important;
}
#sidebar-header { display: none; }

"What do I want? I don't really know. Most of the time I ignore my quest and walk into the homes of others, riffling through people's shelves... oooh, like those over there!"

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 17, 2017, 22:18 Dev

So how are those comics awesome? Don't see it.

Also, the extra and hidden charges are going to get worse, with the rollback of the rules of disclosing all that... because it's too "onerous" for the ISPs.

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 17, 2017, 21:25 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 11:27:

The Walking Dead petition will have as much effect as the petition i created asking Disney to remake the latest SW:TLJ and make it a BETTER movie.

The walking dead jumped the shark years ago when they used full-auto instead of single fire considering they live in an ammunition scarce universe.

At this point the writers are just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 17, 2017, 17:13 rawbelly

FF Quantum is my browser of choice as well.  

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 17, 2017, 11:38 Mr. Tact

How high can Bitcoin go before the fall? It will continue to be interesting to watch even after it does fall.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 17, 2017, 11:27 RedEye9

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2017, 11:40.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo