Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays

A post on Steam from the PUBG Development and Community Team talks about the imminent version 1.0 of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, as the Battle Royale game is set to emerge from early access. They discuss allowing players to choose the map they will play on, their emphasis on server stability, and new features, including a replay function. They have patch notes for a version 1.0 test build, and here's what it says about replays:

• Added Replays menu
    • Added replay function which can record up to 1km around the character
    • Please enable the replay saving in Options before you enter a match
    • When the game ends, the replay will be saved and can be played on “Lobby – Replays” menu
    • Up to 20 replays can be saved. They will be automatically deleted in the oldest order when the number exceeds 20

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 19, 2017, 17:24 Sepharo

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 02:17:
piece of shit game that's popular because it gained traction with streamers

So incredibly wrong. It's popular because it's fun. Sure not everyone finds it fun but many do.

It's also kind of hilarious that you think of it as a survival game like Minecraft, Ark, DayZ, Rust.
It's a (team) Deathmatch with one winner and scattered loot. There is no crafting, and there is no survival beyond the same "survival" you'd find in Quake or Counter-Strike. It has more in common with GunGame/ArmsRace than survival-genre games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 17, 2017, 08:46 Retired

You want fun? Drop solo in duos or squads. Win that then come tell me about the game.  

22. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2017, 08:44 Retired

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 02:22:
peteham wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 19:59:
It's the PUBG early game loop that's put me off PUBG for now. etc

Fairly good explanation of it. I've been watching Escape from Tarkov a bit more closely, personally.

Game runs like trash. You talk about slow movement and reaction. Mouse lag and DayZ type body movement. I really want Tarkov to be good - just can't get into it.

21. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 08:43 Retired

Tom wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 20:35:
PUBG is not for the easily discouraged. You're going to get stomped, over and over and over. The whole point of the game is that not everyone can be a winner every time. But the times when you do win make it all worth it. Almost a hundred people went in and you emerged victorious. Sometimes despite incredible odds when you factor in loot and the nature of the engagements you had. Those wins are deeply satisfying. Even losing can be a lot of fun if you had a good engagement or something new and excitingly different happened.

I wouldn't expect most of the folks around here to "get" this game though. Kinda sad but oh well.

*ding

My best game was land with nothing, run run run, found a pistol, run run run, ambushed a firefight, got loot from 2 dead bodies, ended up winning. Games aren't GIVEN to you, gotta earn em.

20. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 03:54 Muscular Beaver

Rhett wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 00:20:
All we should care about is if the game is improving, and it is (according to the test server) - though I do hope the rubberbanding and tick rate are resolved. FPS has gone through the roof lately, after starting out terribly.

Where has it improved? Sure, I exaggerated with "nothing has changed", but seriously, not much of the important stuff has changed. I had no issues with low FPS. I didnt miss different weapons.
Yeah, the FPS have become more stable (while graphics took a huge dump, just look at the ugly bitmap trees for example). Yes, the cars dont flip over that easily anymore. Yes, you can sell your loot crate stuff for more money now. Yes, theres a new map (well, soon). Yes, theres first person now.

But thats all more or less unimportant stuff in contrast to lag and control issues and even technical issues, like having to select your region and game type after every single game again.

Maybe the new patch fixes everything I mentioned before. But lets be honest, that chance is as low as EA ditching micro transactions.

I also remember them saying it will leave early access in October. October next year maybe, at this rate.

On another topic: Even when I wasnt playing it, I loved watching official tournaments of it. But those went down the drain too. Camera control gets worse and worse, directors dont know who to focus or how long, presenters sound like idiots who just want to mimic their ESPN counterparts and technical issues are huge as well. I couldnt even watch the last one till the end, because it was that frustrating. And I wasnt the only one, since even attending streamers got several times more viewers than the official channel.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

19. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 03:30 Muscular Beaver

PUBG is not for the easily discouraged. You're going to get stomped, over and over and over. The whole point of the game is that not everyone can be a winner every time. But the times when you do win make it all worth it. Almost a hundred people went in and you emerged victorious. Sometimes despite incredible odds when you factor in loot and the nature of the engagements you had. Those wins are deeply satisfying. Even losing can be a lot of fun if you had a good engagement or something new and excitingly different happened.

I wouldn't expect most of the folks around here to "get" this game though. Kinda sad but oh well.
Thats the point. Its more satisfying in Fortnite, if you win. I never felt that satisfied in PUBG when winning. And in Fortnite you can get stomped much more often. But at least youre into a new game very quickly again.

18. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 17, 2017, 02:25 NewMaxx

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 18:54:
but Fortnite is far better than PUBG.

Certainly from watching the two I feel like Fortnite is the better game although my non-gaming friends (well, casual gaming friends) are more interested in PUBG from all the buzz, which frankly is one reason it's so popular...I suppose that's subjective and I'm not really interested in the genre as a whole but I do love the building aspect.

17. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2017, 02:22 NewMaxx

peteham wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 19:59:
It's the PUBG early game loop that's put me off PUBG for now. etc

Fairly good explanation of it. I've been watching Escape from Tarkov a bit more closely, personally.

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 02:17 NewMaxx

There's nothing to get. That's like saying people who don't like CS:GO don't "get" it and that it's sad. No, PUBG is just a messy, repetitive piece of shit game that's popular because it gained traction with streamers. Not unlike Minecraft and Ark and DayZ and Rust and any number of other survival games before it. Maybe you don't get that? Wouldn't surprise me since the developer of PUBG doesn't seem to get that, being as he rails against copying, but hey it's clearly working as you're having fun and he's making money so everybody wins. Well, except for the discerning gamer who wants non-douchebag developers, that is.

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 00:20 Rhett

Yeah... PU has made some dumb statements, but the game became an overnight worldwide sensation, so I'm sure a lot of people with overnight success would make an ass of themselves at one point.

All we should care about is if the game is improving, and it is (according to the test server) - though I do hope the rubberbanding and tick rate are resolved. FPS has gone through the roof lately, after starting out terribly.

14. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 22:52 Numinar

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 20:15:
No it wasn't sarcasm I was making light of the fact that the guy is a fucking douchebag hypocrite. He constantly whines how everyone is ripping his idea off - even though it isn't original - yet has zero problem ripping everyone else off.

PUBG rips off Battle Royale

'PUBG' Developer Unironically Calls Out 'Fortnite' For Copying Its Battle Royale Format

PUBG Publicly Shaming Fortnite Is a Terrible PR Move

Yeah, so fuck these guys.

Meh, sometimes douchebags (debatable, since he kind of has a bit of a leg to stand on but I don't know what he thought would happen when they sold a million copies in the first 2 weeks or whatever) make the best stuff! PUBG is some of the best stuff. Love it. I suck... got a duo win on the new map but I died right at the end like Tom Hanks in that movie where he died right at the end.

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 20:35 Tom

12. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 20:15 Cutter

No it wasn't sarcasm I was making light of the fact that the guy is a fucking douchebag hypocrite. He constantly whines how everyone is ripping his idea off - even though it isn't original - yet has zero problem ripping everyone else off.

PUBG rips off Battle Royale

'PUBG' Developer Unironically Calls Out 'Fortnite' For Copying Its Battle Royale Format

PUBG Publicly Shaming Fortnite Is a Terrible PR Move

Yeah, so fuck these guys.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

11. Re: Game Reviews Dec 16, 2017, 19:59 peteham

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 18:54:
Fortnite is a much more action loaded and fast game. You loot fast, you find good stuff everywhere and you always feel like you achieved something, even if you didnt win.
In PUBG the several loading screens after each match, the long waiting time before a game starts, the long dive down, the frustration when you only find crap and cant defend yourself against well equipped people, is bad enough. But as you said, its also clunky as hell still, and in some cases worse than before.
I know we had our different opinions on Fortnite, but Fortnite is far better than PUBG.
It's the PUBG early game loop that's put me off PUBG for now. Got 200 hours or so with friends out of it so can't exactly complain. But those initial couple minutes of waiting in the lobby, followed by another minute or two on the loud-ass-plane (mute hotkey is your friend), another minute of parachuting somewhere you've gone 9999 times before, then the standard mad dash with variying degrees of lag and item spawn delay, only to find a pistol or a t-shirt, while the other guy gets an AR/shotgun..

99% of my games have been 4-squads and this really gets aggravating after a while. You can of course choose to drop somewhere really desolate but that makes it extremely likely you're gonna end up with one AR and half a clip to share between the four of you... Drop somewhere busy like Pochinki or school, and you're likely to find stuff, but you're also gonna lose one or two team mates facing between 2-4 other teams, guaranteed. Often because the other guy's house happened to have an AR while yours had the stupid-ass revolver.. Then, even when your team comes out on top, your gear is likely to suck because every consumable and ammo clip went into the fighting, the circle's about to close on the extreme other end of the map and you just have to suicide-drive across the map (assuming you were able to secure a car, otherwise it's PlayerUnknown's Walking Simulator-time).

Oh and if you were one of the early guys down, you won 5-15 minutes of idle-time while your friends play out the game. At least for team games, unless you're really good and your friends equally so (i.e. skilled enough to overpower some of the inherent RNG-factors of the game itself and the jank), a huge amount of your game time is spent just waiting around, walking, driving somewhere or picking up the same old stuff again and again.

10. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 18:54 Muscular Beaver

Osc8r wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 18:49:
Was going to pick this up over xmas, but still enjoying Fortnite too much (and DOS 2).

Been watching a lot of PUBG videos and it seems very clunky... lots of walking, looting, then bam you are dead (usually by a camper).

Fortnite seems like there's more action/fun... even if its bloom makes fights a little too RNG for my liking.

Seems a lot of streamers have also jumped ship.

Probably will still pick it up one day.
Fortnite is a much more action loaded and fast game. You loot fast, you find good stuff everywhere and you always feel like you achieved something, even if you didnt win.
In PUBG the several loading screens after each match, the long waiting time before a game starts, the long dive down, the frustration when you only find crap and cant defend yourself against well equipped people, is bad enough. But as you said, its also clunky as hell still, and in some cases worse than before.
I know we had our different opinions on Fortnite, but Fortnite is far better than PUBG.

9. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 18:50 Muscular Beaver

Retired wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 18:12:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 15:36:
So they promise change again? Stopped playing in June, started playing again a few days ago. Nothing was fixed. Well, one thing was: Crouch is now not forced toggle on you. The only good change I could find.
The lag is still as bad as ever, the FPS are more stable, but still not very high, the graphics actually got worse with all these ugly "optimizations", the controls have become extremely sluggish, as if you play DayZ now and the old stutter/flash bug out in the open is still present, except now instead of a white flash it is kinda dark and also makes the sound crack when it happens. It also seems to happen more often now. Oh yeah, and the cheaters are more numerous than ever. Just in the first game I saw someone clip through a roof, after he noticed I found a weapon and was about to shoot him, while he didnt get one.

I thought I would never say it, but here it is: Fortnite is the better Battle Royale game now.

I don't think we are playing the same game - my and all of my buddies experiences are directly opposite of what you are describing......497 hours played. 3 solo wins in Season 6 in 9 hours of play in FPS servers - ranked 414. Have drastically cut back my playtime all around, but still try and play a game a day.

There also isn't one streamer out there that is mentioning what you are.....in fact they are talking about the opposite.

Test servers are different. They don't have BattleEye turned on.
Well, I see and feel what I see and feel and its sure as hell not my PC, because a few days ago I did a new PC for my nephew, and installed it on it for testing.
I started playing in the Alpha and the thing this game is now is a total mess. Its really like I stopped playing it 2 days ago and only content patches happened. Some things actually got worse and other things didnt get fixed at all.

And of course you wont hear streamers say that, because they earn their money with it and swimming with the millions strong mainstream. Critical streamers are a rare breed anyway. Yet you can see most with your own eyes on their streams what I mentioned. The few new weapons and bikes wont fool me. I still feel the lag when looting or opening/closing doors, when you get into melee, or when someone starts dodging your bullets. I still get temporarily stuck with the parachute where there is no object at all (not to mention the FAR worse parachute controls and movement now). Its still the same shit. How you slide a few inches on, when you stop, how sluggish turning while running is, how your reloading gets canceled for BS reasons, how your whole fucking head blocks your view in 3rd person when youre in a house and get too close to the walls, etc, etc, etc.

I wasnt bad in it either. Regularly got wins and I loved it. Then I stopped because I got fucked by the lag so many times, which was introduced with the Beta (and the increase from 50 to 100 players) and never got fixed. The forums are STILL FULL of threads about these issues, have been since it entered EA. But with a player base like that (and uncritical one at that) they can obviously ignore it for months and months.

Im not happy about it. But thats what it is. And I dont like Fortnite that much either, so it says a lot when I call that the better game.

8. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 18:49 Osc8r

Was going to pick this up over xmas, but still enjoying Fortnite too much (and DOS 2).

Been watching a lot of PUBG videos and it seems very clunky... lots of walking, looting, then bam you are dead (usually by a camper).

Fortnite seems like there's more action/fun... even if its bloom makes fights a little too RNG for my liking.

Seems a lot of streamers have also jumped ship.

Probably will still pick it up one day.

7. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 18:12 Retired

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 15:36:
So they promise change again? Stopped playing in June, started playing again a few days ago. Nothing was fixed. Well, one thing was: Crouch is now not forced toggle on you. The only good change I could find.
The lag is still as bad as ever, the FPS are more stable, but still not very high, the graphics actually got worse with all these ugly "optimizations", the controls have become extremely sluggish, as if you play DayZ now and the old stutter/flash bug out in the open is still present, except now instead of a white flash it is kinda dark and also makes the sound crack when it happens. It also seems to happen more often now. Oh yeah, and the cheaters are more numerous than ever. Just in the first game I saw someone clip through a roof, after he noticed I found a weapon and was about to shoot him, while he didnt get one.

I thought I would never say it, but here it is: Fortnite is the better Battle Royale game now.

I don't think we are playing the same game - my and all of my buddies experiences are directly opposite of what you are describing......497 hours played. 3 solo wins in Season 6 in 9 hours of play in FPS servers - ranked 414. Have drastically cut back my playtime all around, but still try and play a game a day.

There also isn't one streamer out there that is mentioning what you are.....in fact they are talking about the opposite.

Test servers are different. They don't have BattleEye turned on.

6. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 16:53 The Half Elf

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 14:03:
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Actually from Cutter, that wasn't sarcasm, at least not in a joking sense.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

5. Re: PUBG 1.0 Plans Include Replays Dec 16, 2017, 15:36 Muscular Beaver

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo