Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Mobilization

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 18:17 gommerstrike

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 10:39:
“We hope this is a wake-up call for ISED Minister Navdeep Bains and the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission,” Anderson continued. “It was encouraging to see ISED recognize Canadians’ affordability struggle when it comes to mobile wireless prices […] but more needs to be done. Canadians simply can’t afford to keep paying the price for the lack of mobile competition.”

Ohh that's cute. She says that like somehow they're unaware of it. They're the parties responsible for it. You vote for the parties of the elites/big biz and this is what you get. It only proves just how stupid your average Canadian is because unlike the US there are actually viable choices here besides the Libs and Cons. They're simply too dumb to choose them.

And what makes you so knowledgable about the Canadian telecom industry to call Canadians "stupid", as if you're so superior?

First off - the population in the US is far more dense and population in Canada. You have fewer people spread over a large area. There ARE choices in Canada such as Freedom mobile - but people choose the other name brand providers the very same way that you Americans stick to companies like AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, and ISP's like Comcast. You really think that a mere vote is going to change the face of the telecom industry and all the choices present, which have been around longer than you have?

We are talking entrenched industries and providers who've been around the last 40-50 years. Yes Canadians CAN choose more competitive and they do - but there are the majority who stick to trusted brands(not different from American people).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 09:00 Mr. Tact

Yeah, well -- unfortunately humans as a whole are quite a distance from being the benevolent multitude we would hope for. Consequently, even our honest attempts at a "fair" governance are less than perfect. There are dips here and there, and it seems we may be in one now -- but overall things are getting better as the centuries pass. Let's just hope we don't self destruct literally before we get it all figured out...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 08:40 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 08:01:
As Churchill said, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

That was 50 years ago though, you think Churchill would have said that facing Chavez, Putin, May, Merkel and Trump + Internet? (Edit: Added a few more names that would make Churchill do rodeo moves in his grave)

7. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 08:01 Mr. Tact

As Churchill said, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”  

6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 06:05 eRe4s3r

merloid wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 05:13:

Pray tell though, what other options do we have, political-wise?

Rebellion.. if you don't wanna MDK your entire political caste though, you have zero options. Like in any other western nation with so called democracy. Or how I see it nowadays, rule of the greatest and most notorious liars.

And if you are curious why I as German think like that, just look at SPD and CDU right now. SPD went into this fucking election with only 1 primary promise (which was why I voted for them), no coalition with the CDU, and look what happens now. Fucking liars and betrayers of everything they stand for. If that is what democracy is nowadays I can live without it.

5. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 05:13 merloid

Ohh that's cute. She says that like somehow they're unaware of it. They're the parties responsible for it. You vote for the parties of the elites/big biz and this is what you get. It only proves just how stupid your average Canadian is because unlike the US there are actually viable choices here besides the Libs and Cons. They're simply too dumb to choose them.

Okay, well, please educate me. There's the New Democratic Party which had the very charismatic Mulclair not win the last election, so he's more or less gone now. There's the Block Quebecois, which is great for Quebec, not so great for everything that's not Quebec, not really represented outside of Quebec, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see them on the ballot. There was the Reform party, who were great but then they rolled into the Progressive Conservatives over a decade ago, so that's that.

So what's left? The Onion of our political system, The Rhinoceros Party? They did want to nationalize Tim Hortons.. but I think they received less than 1% of the popular vote in the last election, rivaling Lord Buckethead. Neat logo though.

Pray tell though, what other options do we have, political-wise?

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 12:32 Mr. Tact

I've occasionally wondered what the US Congress might look like if there were four or more relatively equal strength political parties. It is really designed for majority rule and if no party had a majority... let's just say we might actually end up with common sense showing through a bit more often.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon -- certainly not within my lifetime.

3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 12:26 Creston

It only proves just how stupid your average Canadian is because unlike the US there are actually viable choices here besides the Libs and Cons. They're simply too dumb to choose them.

That's pretty damn sad, actually... :\

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 12:25 jdreyer

Yup, monopolies need strong regulations.

Also, part of the expense may be due to Canada being a sparsely populated but massive country.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 10:39 Cutter

“We hope this is a wake-up call for ISED Minister Navdeep Bains and the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission,” Anderson continued. “It was encouraging to see ISED recognize Canadians’ affordability struggle when it comes to mobile wireless prices […] but more needs to be done. Canadians simply can’t afford to keep paying the price for the lack of mobile competition.”

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo