Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free

Steam News announces a free weekend is underway for Homefront: The Revolution, coinciding with a sale on the shooter sequel and another chance to get the original Homefront for free for the next 24 hours. Here's word:

Play Homefront®: The Revolution for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time. You can also pickup Homefront®: The Revolution at 75% off the regular price!*

You can also get a free copy of the original Homefront to keep forever! Offer valid until Friday 10AM Pacific Time

If you already have Steam installed, click here to install or play Homefront®: The Revolution. If you don't have Steam, you can download it here.

*Offer ends Monday at 10AM Pacific Time

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 15, 2017, 00:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 00:36:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 23:01:
I played through Homefront: The Revolution a month or two ago; I'd picked it up from one of the sales.

It's pretty good, but suffers from a bit of consolitis. You have all these interesting guns, and of course you can only carry three of them at a time, and one has to be the pistol.

It would have been 5 times better as a game without that restriction, but what can you do.

So... the same restriction as BF: Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty and Far Cry and a bunch of other games?

Multiplayer focused games mostly, and yes I disagree with weapon carry limits on principle alone. A single player, 'open' world game, and I can't carry all my stuff at once? Especially when the guns are cool and transform/mod into different situational things? And I also have about 500 pounds of loot at any given time in my magical backpack?

That just takes fun options away from the player and doesn't make for a better overall game.

Also I think the lowest count for simultaneous guns in any Far Cry game is 4.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 15, 2017, 00:36 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 23:01:
I played through Homefront: The Revolution a month or two ago; I'd picked it up from one of the sales.

It's pretty good, but suffers from a bit of consolitis. You have all these interesting guns, and of course you can only carry three of them at a time, and one has to be the pistol.

It would have been 5 times better as a game without that restriction, but what can you do.

So... the same restriction as BF: Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty and Far Cry and a bunch of other games?

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 14, 2017, 23:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

It would have been 5 times better as a game without that restriction, but what can you do. I definitely had fun for the $9.99 or whatever I spent on it.

I don't think it was worth much more than that, a bit grindy, and some of the mechanics seemed to not work well at later levels, ie. the Rebellion Tokens or whatever they were called... you can only spend so many on weapons, and you can't translate them to cash, which you actually need later. I ended up with like 200+ extra ones, while scrounging for cash constantly to upgrade weapons. I'm busy freeing America, maybe let me get that scope for my work with the Resistance, don't charge me $5,000?

4. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 14, 2017, 20:40 jdreyer

Heh, I forgot to pickup the free Home front from Humble the other day, so I had better remember tonight.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 14, 2017, 19:01 Cutter

Wow, it's 42GB?

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 14, 2017, 18:58 jacobvandy

Yes, the sequel was surprisingly good after the mediocrity of the original. Reminded me a lot of Half-Life 2 in terms of gameplay tone, actually; I could easily imagine Episode 3 taking this route of undermining oppressive occupation in a semi open world, with the player choosing whether to be covert or not a lot of the time.  

1. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Free Weekend and Homefront for Free Dec 14, 2017, 18:48 bhcompy

The game was fun enough to be worth 75% off for sure. Different spin on the Assassin's Creed/Watchdogs gameplay with a decent story.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo