Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Wolfenstein II: The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe Released

Bethesda.net announces the release of Wolfenstein II: The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe the first of three DLC packs that make up the Freedom Chronicles Season Pass for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Here's a trailer along with a description of what this brings to the first-person shooter:

The Freedom Chronicles’ first episode, “The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe,” is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. If you played Episode Zero of The Freedom Chronicles, you’ve already gotten a taste of the action Gunslinger Joe brings to the table. The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe features former professional football player Joseph Stallion as he barrels through legions of Nazis using his Ram Shackle ability. Follow him from the devastated ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space in the first in a series of three DLC packs, each starring a unique hero. Gunslinger Joe’s tale is available as part of the Freedom Chronicles Season Pass, which you can pick up for $24.99 (US) / £17.99 (UK) / $34.95 (AUS) / €24.99 (EUR).

If you haven’t had a chance to check out Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, you can download the free trial right now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and play through the entire first level of the game. All your save data will carry over when you upgrade to the full game.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus launched on October 27 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, to widespread praise from the critics and community. Wolfenstein II even took home the coveted Best Action Game award at this year’s Game Awards and has been nominated in many press outlets’ “Best of 2017” lists.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe Released Dec 15, 2017, 04:43 Muscular Beaver

Sigh.... Another game that you have to let "age" for 1 or 2 years before you can play it... I actually just wanted to buy it, because I am bored right now. Not a choice now anymore.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe Released Dec 14, 2017, 23:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

The base game was really good, I enjoyed it. I did however already uninstall, and won't bother getting any DLC, especially since they are NOT tied in to the main story really(which could have used some more closure!) at least as far I understand the DLC.

2. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe Released Dec 14, 2017, 20:38 CJ_Parker

MajorD wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 18:47:
I didn't realize they created this as a cow they could milk with three DLCs. I don't recall the previous two being cows.

I'll wait to see what the price looks like during the Thanksgiving Steam sale next year.

Dude, they announced the season pass in July and released a DLC roadmap last month. Two more DLCs are coming, the next one on January 30th and then the final one in March.

As much as I hate season passes and this piecemeal shit, I thought that was a fair move on their part to detail the DLC roadmap with concrete dates and content.

I also won't be grabbing this before the GOTY is released (and discounted) though.

By the way, the previous games, well, TNO was also a cow with The Old Blood as the milky expansion. No big difference really, though for TNC, I would have also appreciated a meaty expansion like TOB more than three small DLC packs.

It is what it is... I guess we can call ourselves lucky that this shit does not have loot boxes with platinum swastikas or some shit like that.

1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe Released Dec 14, 2017, 18:47 MajorD

I didn't realize they created this as a cow they could milk with three DLCs. I don't recall the previous two being cows.

I'll wait to see what the price looks like during the Thanksgiving Steam sale next year.

Still counting...

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo