Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Patches

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Patches Dec 14, 2017, 15:43 DangerDog

I played the co-op maps back when it was under Revive, they were mostly just zombie hoards, fun target practice but not a substitute for actual players.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Patches Dec 14, 2017, 15:31 jdreyer

I wonder if they updated the AI.  

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 14, 2017, 13:31 Slick

bhcompy wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:40:
Modders bring Battlefield 2142 back from the dead, multiplayer working, featuring even custom maps.

What about the in-game billboards? Futureweapons is long gone.

I remember those. The only one that made sense was Intel, as it could plausibly exist 150 years in the future. But there were also some for a bad Nick Cage flick from 2007, that didn't work so well.

Overall I think ads in games are dumb, but some games somehow get around it where it's actually encouraged. Isn't there a popular GTA V mod that upgrades all the visuals and also swaps the billboard ads to reflect real companies? In that context it kinda works, as we all know that the "Sprunk" ads are really just mimicking "Sprite".

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

1. Re: Morning Patches Dec 14, 2017, 11:40 bhcompy

Modders bring Battlefield 2142 back from the dead, multiplayer working, featuring even custom maps.

What about the in-game billboards? Futureweapons is long gone.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo