Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 12:55 RedEye9

Quboid wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 02:12:
That's an astonishing claim, ventry has one hell of an echo chamber. It might be literally true because there was less social media in 2008 but even in very different circumstances (a good candidate clearly winning a full mandate) there was absolutely unprecedented backlash against Obama.

Reminds me of this:
The president’s supporters have stood by him even as he has evinced every quality they described as a deal breaker under Obama. Conservatives attacked Obama’s lack of faith; Trump is a thrice-married libertine who has never asked God for forgiveness. They accused Obama of being under malign foreign influence; Trump eagerly accepted the aid of a foreign adversary during the election. They accused Obama of genuflecting before Russian President Vladimir Putin; Trump has refused to even criticize Putin publicly. They attacked Obama for his ties to Tony Rezko, the crooked real-estate agent; Trump’s ties to organized crime are too numerous to name. Conservatives said Obama was lazy; Trump “gets bored and likes to watch TV.” They said Obama’s golfing was excessive; as of August Trump had spent nearly a fifth of his presidency golfing. They attributed Obama’s intellectual prowess to his teleprompter; Trump seems unable to describe the basics of any of his own policies. They said Obama was a self-obsessed egomaniac; Trump is unable to broach topics of public concern without boasting. Conservatives said Obama quietly used the power of the state to attack his enemies; Trump has publicly attempted to use the power of the state to attack his enemies. Republicans said Obama was racially divisive; Trump has called Nazis “very fine people.” Conservatives portrayed Obama as a vapid celebrity; Trump is a vapid celebrity.

There is virtually no personality defect that conservatives accused Obama of possessing that Trump himself does not actually possess. This, not some uncanny oracular talent, is the reason Trump’s years-old tweets channeling conservative anger at Obama apply so perfectly to his own present conduct.
Nothing beats a well-researched Atlantic article. Quboid, thanks for linking it!

panbient wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 10:04:

But people still want to play sides or be the kind of trolls that laugh at the potential of watching the world burn because it'll hurt others more than they think it will hurt them.

Sad
Sad indeed

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 10:04 panbient

Even this morning (I've got the news going in the background here) Trump is still going on about Russia not only being a non-issue but a waste of money and effort due to a lack of evidence and diminishing public belief in collusion. It's like he refuses to recognize that collusion and meddling are separate serious issues. Not colluding with his campaign does not mean Russia did not meddle with the election. He's either unwilling or incapable of seeing those as two distinct issues. And then he immediately goes back to attacking his defeated political opponent.

That should be concerning to anyone regardless of political stripe.

But people still want to play sides or be the kind of trolls that laugh at the potential of watching the world burn because it'll hurt others more than they think it will hurt them.

Sad

37. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 08:22 Beamer

ventry wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 23:48:
Beamer wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 21:32:
It's funny. I advocate for people to take things from someone such as myself and give it to those that need, such as you.

You keep voting to give me more. Which makes no sense. I have a lot. I mean, a lot. But hey, keep voting to give me more.

Errr... What???
I'm AUSTRALIAN. I haven't voted for a bloody thing for you.
Also, if you feel guilty about how "well off" you are you can give some of that wealth to charity WITHOUT the government enforcing rules to TAKE it off of you.

BTW:
I don't need a damn thing from the likes of you. I am quite well off thank-you very much.

I, personally, don't give a rats arse who is the POTUS.
The laughs come from the cry-baby, sooky lala, sour grapes losers.
Adjust your own "tantrum throwing" attitudes because you didn't get your way and the LOLZ disappear.

One person giving to charity changes nothing. The CEOs still make hundreds of times more than anyone else, and the profits still go to the shareholders, not the people (even if the people are shareholder, the amount they hold is infinitesimal compared to what the institutions hold.)

All the money is going to the rich. It's why the middle class is shrinking. Hell, even at the top end wages are stagnating - if you compare what someone at my level earned in the 80s to what we earn now it's not kept up with how the economy has grown (though it's outpaced inflation by a good amount, so it's hard to truly complain.) That upper echelon, though, has grown exponentially.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

36. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 02:12 Quboid

NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 02:05:
ventry wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 01:47:
NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 01:04:
For all your dismissiveness about people "carrying on like a spoiled child" it's pretty much the tactic that Trump has proven works.

The funny thing is that when Obama got voted POTUS we (in Australia) didn't hear anything like we are hearing now from the losing side.

You probably didn't hear it because right wingers mostly keep to Fox News and Breitbart and other shitholes you're probably not interested in visiting.

Obama was a secret Kenyan Muslim Atheist, according to these people. He was going to take all our guns away, or put us all in FEMA concentration camps. And for "mainstream" news where they couldn't bring themselves to report on fabricated conspiracy theories, they had to really really dig for "legit" scandals. Remember when Fox News spilled their spaghetti about him wearing a tan suit to some briefing, or ordering dijon mustard, or saluting with a coffee in his hand one time? Or giving someone a fist bump and spending a whole week arguing about whether it was a "terrorist jab" or some such?

Right wing media spent the entire 8 years of Obama's presidency losing their collective fucking marbles and building up steam which helped them win in 2016.

That's an astonishing claim, ventry has one hell of an echo chamber. It might be literally true because there was less social media in 2008 but even in very different circumstances (a good candidate clearly winning a full mandate) there was absolutely unprecedented backlash against Obama.

Reminds me of this:
The president’s supporters have stood by him even as he has evinced every quality they described as a deal breaker under Obama. Conservatives attacked Obama’s lack of faith; Trump is a thrice-married libertine who has never asked God for forgiveness. They accused Obama of being under malign foreign influence; Trump eagerly accepted the aid of a foreign adversary during the election. They accused Obama of genuflecting before Russian President Vladimir Putin; Trump has refused to even criticize Putin publicly. They attacked Obama for his ties to Tony Rezko, the crooked real-estate agent; Trump’s ties to organized crime are too numerous to name. Conservatives said Obama was lazy; Trump “gets bored and likes to watch TV.” They said Obama’s golfing was excessive; as of August Trump had spent nearly a fifth of his presidency golfing. They attributed Obama’s intellectual prowess to his teleprompter; Trump seems unable to describe the basics of any of his own policies. They said Obama was a self-obsessed egomaniac; Trump is unable to broach topics of public concern without boasting. Conservatives said Obama quietly used the power of the state to attack his enemies; Trump has publicly attempted to use the power of the state to attack his enemies. Republicans said Obama was racially divisive; Trump has called Nazis “very fine people.” Conservatives portrayed Obama as a vapid celebrity; Trump is a vapid celebrity.

There is virtually no personality defect that conservatives accused Obama of possessing that Trump himself does not actually possess. This, not some uncanny oracular talent, is the reason Trump’s years-old tweets channeling conservative anger at Obama apply so perfectly to his own present conduct.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

35. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 02:05 NKD

For all your dismissiveness about people "carrying on like a spoiled child" it's pretty much the tactic that Trump has proven works.

The funny thing is that when Obama got voted POTUS we (in Australia) didn't hear anything like we are hearing now from the losing side.

You probably didn't hear it because right wingers mostly keep to Fox News and Breitbart and other shitholes you're probably not interested in visiting.

Obama was a secret Kenyan Muslim Atheist, according to these people. He was going to take all our guns away, or put us all in FEMA concentration camps. And for "mainstream" news where they couldn't bring themselves to report on fabricated conspiracy theories, they had to really really dig for "legit" scandals. Remember when Fox News spilled their spaghetti about him wearing a tan suit to some briefing, or ordering dijon mustard, or saluting with a coffee in his hand one time? Or giving someone a fist bump and spending a whole week arguing about whether it was a "terrorist jab" or some such?

Right wing media spent the entire 8 years of Obama's presidency losing their collective fucking marbles and building up steam which helped them win in 2016. They did 8 investigations into Hillary Clinton for her actions as Secretary of State, none of which turned up anything. Not to mention the "BUT HER EMAILS" hysteria.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

34. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 01:59 Quboid

Quboid wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 01:28:
(including ventry, obviously)
BBZZZZZTTTTT!!!
Wrong but, thanks for playing.
A few posts ago I CLEARLY stated that I have no love for Trump.

Yes, that's why I specifically included you: because I don't believe you. You parrot the same nonsense in the same style as Trump supporters and if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

33. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 01:47 ventry

Kinda speaks volumes on the level of noise coming from the eternally "butt-hurt" this time around.
By all means keep crying and I will keep laughing and if, in 2020, Trump loses and his supporters cry like you and yours are now I will continue laughing and address them likewise.
I don't discriminate.

Quboid wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 01:28:
(including ventry, obviously)
BBZZZZZTTTTT!!!
Wrong but, thanks for playing.
A few posts ago I CLEARLY stated that I have no love for Trump.

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 01:25:
Trump hates you guys too.

You are operating under the misapprehension that I actually give a rats arse what Trump or anyone else thinks about "us".

32. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 01:28 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 17:32:
ventry wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 17:22:
ROFLMAO!!!

Over a year has past and the "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is STILL bringing the LOLZ.

I have no love for Trump BUT, he WON. Hillary LOST. Suck it up buttercup. My candidate lost here in Australia last time but, I wont lower myself to carry on like you lot. I get to vote again in 2019.

The Washington ComPost. Right up there with CNN bringing the fake news to help snowflakes melt.

What was the quote from that twat on CNN?? Ah yes. "Russia is a big nothing burger"

We, in Australia, are laughing long and loud at your continuing idiocy.

I don't think anyone here likes Clinton, but when someone starts saying "suck it up, buttercup," you get a good feel for the kind of person they are.

Trump supporters' (including ventry, obviously) fascination with Clinton is quite something. It's been 13 months since she has been relevant to anything. No one likes her, no one cares.

It's almost like they have nothing else. Like, in 13 months, their man has done nothing except embarrass them and help billionaires with tax and regulation cuts. 13 months of moving the goal posts with regards to Russia, ever more revelations that show these supporters to be gullible idiots, liars or both.

DangerDog, I can't take you seriously. Do you honestly still think Trump's inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's?

31. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 01:25 jdreyer

It's funny. I advocate for people to take things from someone such as myself and give it to those that need, such as you.

You keep voting to give me more. Which makes no sense. I have a lot. I mean, a lot. But hey, keep voting to give me more.

Errr... What???
Also, if you feel guilty about how "well off" you are you can give some of that wealth to charity WITHOUT the government enforcing rules to TAKE it off of you.

BTW:
I don't need a damn thing from the likes of you. I am quite well off thank-you very much.

Adjust your own "tantrum throwing" attitudes because you didn't get your way and the LOLZ disappear.

Trump hates you guys too.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

30. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 01:23 jdreyer

NamecaF wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 22:31:
You Americans deserve the shit pile you've found yourselves in. It's hilarious.

Don't forget that a majority of us didn't vote for this current dilemma.

29. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 01:22 jdreyer

ventry wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 20:31:
Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 19:09:
Only idiots use chestnuts like that.

Ah! That 'ol chestnut:

[whiny voice] "It's all too hard so, others must give me stuff to solve my problems because... reasons" [/whiny voice]

Clown.

Uh, I'm supporting 4 people on my salary. Feel free to send me anything you don't need. I'll use it to put my very smart kids through college.

28. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 01:04 NKD

ventry wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 00:55:
It doesn't matter what side of politics you are from if you lose and carry on like a spoiled child about it then I WILL laugh my arse off at your pathetically useless antics.

How do you think people get motivated to get out and vote? They bitch, moan, and get pissed about shit. And even despite all that, we're lucky if a third of eligible voters actually go and vote. Nothing is gained by sitting there silent for 2 or 4 years waiting for the next election. Do that, and you're guaranteed to lose every time.

Trumpers were the most obnoxious pieces of shit on the Internet during his campaign, crying about everything, painting Hillary as the next Hitler. And guess what? It got their guy elected!

Also if you want to trade videos, I can post the one of a Trump supporter slamming his car into a crowd of protesters, killing one of them.

27. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 00:55 ventry

NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 00:12:
The problem here, judging from your responses, is that you view it all as a big football game, just something where you root for some team and it doesn't really matter. But these things have real consequences. Policies are made that will make life either better, or worse for people.

It's not the equivalent of people "crying because their team lost." Because some team losing a football game doesn't cut off healthcare, or raise insurance premiums to unpayable levels, or send my friends off to die in some pointless war.

Maybe, just maybe, the reason you feel the way you do is because you're sitting there with your universal healthcare, low gun violence rate, and other "commie" amenities that people like Trump don't want us to have. If "Fuck you got mine" is all you have to offer, then you really shouldn't be posting.

NO!! GOD NO!!! HELL NO!!

It doesn't matter who wins an election. There will be policies put in place that will piss people off. If they piss enough people off, come the next election they (the people) vote someone else in who puts policies in place that piss a whole new group of people off and if those policies piss enough people off then the next .....
Ah you get the picture.
It doesn't matter what side of politics you are from if you lose and carry on like a spoiled child about it then I WILL laugh my arse off at your pathetically useless antics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grD_IINiH9c

Need I say more?

26. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 00:12 NKD

The problem here, judging from your responses, is that you view it all as a big football game, just something where you root for some team and it doesn't really matter. But these things have real consequences. Policies are made that will make life either better, or worse for people.

It's not the equivalent of people "crying because their team lost." Because some team losing a football game doesn't cut off healthcare, or raise insurance premiums to unpayable levels, or send my friends off to die in some pointless war.

Maybe, just maybe, the reason you feel the way you do is because you're sitting there with your universal healthcare, low gun violence rate, and other "commie" amenities that people like Trump don't want us to have. If "Fuck you got mine" is all you have to offer, then you really shouldn't be posting.

25. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 23:48 ventry

Errr... What???

BTW:

24. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 22:31 NamecaF

You Americans deserve the shit pile you've found yourselves in. It's hilarious.  
"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

23. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 21:32 Beamer

Ah! That 'ol chestnut:

[whiny voice] "It's all too hard so, others must give me stuff to solve my problems because... reasons" [/whiny voice]

Clown.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 20:55 MajorD

NKD wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 20:49:

Ah! That 'ol chestnut:

Clown.

Says the guy who lives in a country with socialist commie medical care where people get medical care they don't deserve using someone elses money.

He said he lives in Australia, not the Unites States of America.....Oh, wait......

Still counting...

21. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 20:49 NKD

Ah! That 'ol chestnut:

Clown.

Says the guy who lives in a country with socialist commie medical care where people get medical care they don't deserve using someone elses money.

20. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 14, 2017, 20:31 ventry

Ah! That 'ol chestnut:

Clown.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo