Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, my second cold of the autumn is being a little nastier than my first one. Last time I was over it in three days and wasn't really too sick at all, but this time my URI is hanging around longer and making me feel worse, making it difficult to sleep last night. This shouldn't interfere with our plans to see The Last Jedi this evening, but I'm wondering if it will interfere with my doctor's appointment. My annual physical is coming up and today I am supposed to go to give some blood for them to test. I don't think being sick should affect this, but I'll call when they open to double-check. In unfortunate timing we also got snow last night which is still trickling in, so I'm going to have to drag my sneezing ass out there and shovel at some point. Hopefully the Force will be with me or my taunton will freeze before it reaches the first marker.

Cold Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Deathmatch Apocalypse.
Mari0.
Links: Sandy Hook shooting victims remembered. Five years ago today.
Ever wondered what 1975’s The Star Wars would have looked like?
Stories: Disney to Buy 21st Century Fox Assets for $52.4 Billion. No more crap Fantastic Four movies!
Surgeon pleads guilty to burning initials into patients’ organs.
State trooper finds nothing funny about pulling over DeLorean going 88mph.
Science: Fracking linked to low-weight babies. Thanks RedEye9.
Math Says You're Driving Wrong and It's Slowing Us All Down.
Media: Fox reporter gets nailed in the face with snowball seconds before going live.
David Mitchell makes a Feng Shui expert squirm.
Water your Christmas Tree. Really.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 19:42 Numinar

Verno wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 15:31:
What's alarming about Ajit Pai is that hes so openly in the corporate pocket and did this knowing full well the damage it will cause. It's reprehensible and frankly should be criminal. This will be incredibly damaging in the long term, in ways we haven't even imagined yet. Very disappointed today.

Why would he be punished? He is making money for people who already have lots of money. I'm sure his new mates will look after him and he will be sure to make even more money in next CEO/Consulting/lobbying job. Even if NN gets enshrined in law, like Trump's tax cuts for the uber-wealthy, a few years of free for all will make them billions/trillions which can then be leveraged in future lobbying.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 10:34 RedEye9

Nucas wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 02:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 01:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:30:
Living in a small town sometimes has it's perks. My local theater is showing Star Wars: The Last Jedi tonight at 9:30 WOOT. won't have to worry about anymore spoilers
It's was ok.
I really gotta stop going to the movies when I have such high expectations.

agreed here. same time, even!

i was trying to think of the last movies that really made me think "this is why i go to the movies!" on the way home and all i got is mad max fury road and arrival in the last, like, five years.
I left the theater after MMFR feeling more excited then when i entered. That was cinema magic, wizard of oz storm not withstanding. Dang, that has been a long time.
I'm gonna have to add deadpool and the first gotg flick, i really enjoyed them.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 04:06 StingingVelvet

I'm sure everyone in the theater will appreciate catching your cold, Blue.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 02:44 Nucas

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 01:52:
Living in a small town sometimes has it's perks. My local theater is showing Star Wars: The Last Jedi tonight at 9:30 WOOT. won't have to worry about anymore spoilers
It's was ok.

agreed here. same time, even!

i was trying to think of the last movies that really made me think "this is why i go to the movies!" on the way home and all i got is mad max fury road and arrival in the last, like, five years.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 01:52 RedEye9

It's was ok.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 01:37 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 00:52:
anyone know if the repeal can be repealed? if ijit pie can undo obama's fcc regulations, then maybe trump's successor can undo the undo? maybe even get congress to make NN the law?

To change the rules, you must follow certain protocols for the change to be valid, like hold a period of public comment. It appears that Mr. Pai didn't follow the rules, so the possibility of overturning this vote are fair to good.

Also, the Dems are introducing legislation (as opposed to FCC rules) to enshrine NN into law. With the backing of much of the population as well as (especially) large silicon valley firms, there's a good chance of getting such a law passed.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 00:52 1badmf

anyone know if the repeal can be repealed? if ijit pie can undo obama's fcc regulations, then maybe trump's successor can undo the undo? maybe even get congress to make NN the law?  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 19:51 RedEye9

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 19:25:
TAUNTAUN!

Jeezus Blue!
https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a2790793728_16.jpg

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 19:25 The Half Elf

TAUNTAUN!

Jeezus Blue!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 17:31 RedEye9

So the difference between your smoke detector alerting you to an issue and giving you a couple of minutes to get things under control, versus your house burning down can be prevented with a little water. I think I can afford to put the water in the tree stand reservoir.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 16:42 Cutter

F.C.C. Repeals Net Neutrality Rules

It's dead, Jim. Dead.

Net neutrality is gone. Feel the freedom coursing through your veins.

Lol, pretty funny article actually.

Spot on comment in regard to AP's bullshit about how killing NN won't change anything....

"If the online experience won't change why remove the protections?"

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 16:36 Cutter

Ok, checked out the Sportswagen and I like it. So it'll probably come down to it or the Crosstrek. I'll be booking extended test drives in the next few weeks. Anyone own an AWD Sportswagen? Car and Driver say it's been one of their fave vehicles for years. I like the Niro, but it's a city car. If I was still living in Hogtown it'd probably be what I'd go with. Being halfway to the country and planning on getting all the way out in the next few years makes an AWD a much more practical choice.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 15:31 Verno

What's alarming about Ajit Pai is that hes so openly in the corporate pocket and did this knowing full well the damage it will cause. It's reprehensible and frankly should be criminal. This will be incredibly damaging in the long term, in ways we haven't even imagined yet. Very disappointed today.  
Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 14:27 MrGrosser

I'm not positive.. but I'm pretty sure Constantine Films still owns the rights for Fantastic Four.. so while everyone is reporting F4 is coming back under Marvel.. I don't think it is.

I haven't seen anything showing they also bought the rights from Constantine.. just they bought Fox.

Here is some additional info.
http://www.slashfilm.com/fantastic-four-rights-disney-20th-century-fox/

Edited for additional info

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 13:50 Cutter

You don't need maths to realize tailgaters are always the problem. All rearview cameras should automatically record and upload footage of tailgaters to the local authorities where they should be heavily fined automatically. That'll put an end to that sort of stupidity PDQ.

Speaking of cars I've seen a dozen small trucks and crossover SUVs now. So far the Subaru Crosstrek is top of the list followed by the Kia Niro. Last on my list I'm going to check out right now is a few of the VWs, the Sportwagen, Alltrack, and Tiguan. I'm doubting it but I want to rule them out at least, and I may be pleasantly surprised as I was with the Niro. Than it's test drives and an order. Geez, I'm amazed someone hasn't made a reality show about people buying a car yet. Enh, they probably have somewhere. Anyway, I'm thinking it's likely going to be the Crosstrek.

This guy put up a solid review of his a month after owning it. And he's tricked out somewhat. I was thinking of going with orange but his black one with the red accents looks pretty sweet.

6. Well, there goes the internet Dec 14, 2017, 13:45 Creston

I'm sorry, the "Make-AT&T-Rich-Net". Feel free to replace AT&T with your own shitty ISP who now have NOTHING to stop them from absolutely fucking raping you over and over and over again.

If only we didn't have such utter imbeciles in this...

( Comment redacted. If you would like to read this entire comment, please call 1-800-MO-MONEYS and upgrade to the See Entire Comments Package for a mere $14,99 a month.(*) )

(*) Does not include fees such as... oh wait, we forgot, we don't have to tell you all these hidden bullshit fees anymore, because it was TOO ONEROUS FOR US TO DO SO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Even we couldn't believe that shit. Ajit Pai cracks us the fuck up.

In any case, your bill will really increase by about 47 dollars a month. For now. This promotion will end at our whim, at which point you will pay 96 dollars a month. Or more. You know, whatever.

But let's be honest, what are you going to do about it? Switch to a different provider? YOU CAN'T! THERE ARE NO DIFFERENT PROVIDERS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Eat shit and die (just know we won't cancel your account, and we'll bill your destitute family double),
Your ISP.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 13:36 jacobvandy

All the theaters I've seen have showings tonight, it's just they sold out probably a month ago, lol. I'm in for tomorrow morning though, there are an absurd number of show times starting as early as 8AM.

4. Re: Disney bought Fox Dec 14, 2017, 13:23 El Pit

Marvel phase 4 featuring X-Men and Fantastic 4... NERDGASM!  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 11:30 RedEye9

2. Re: Water your Christmas Tree. Really. Dec 14, 2017, 10:14 Mr. Tact

Duh. I think I've known that since I as about five years old.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo