Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands

Ubisoft pays off on last week's tease that promised a surprise about tomorrow's free Jungle Storm update for Ghost Recon Wildlands. UbiBlog now has word that for a limited time the stealthy jungle update will add The Predator, the O.G. stealthy jungle antagonist. The predator will be the hunted (or the hunter) in this mode, and they also announce the unnamed second playable class in the update is based on Predator film protagonist Dutch, who has a "battle rage mode," though there's no indication he will also have a mudbath camouflage mode. Here's a trailer celebrating the news, and here are further details:

A deadly new threat enters Ghost Recon Wildlands this week, armed with powerful weapons, advanced stealth abilities, and more mandibles than seem strictly necessary. From December 14 through early January, the Predator will bring its unique skills to a special challenge that sees players (solo or with up to four players in co-op) hunting the creature—and being hunted in return. Defeating the Predator will be no easy task, but if players manage to take it down, they will be rewarded with exclusive items, including the Predator mask, which features Predator vision. To help you fully embrace your inner hunter, the Predator Pack (available in the in-game store) introduces 15 new customization items inspired by the original movie, including weapons and a new close combat move.

Ghost War, the free PVP mode for Ghost Recon Wildlands, will also get a Predator-inspired addition: A new class of soldier inspired by Dutch, the protagonist from the original movie, who can engage a battle rage mode to tip the scales in his favor.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 14, 2017, 11:55 aka_STEVE

It was a pretty decent open world SP game that can go co-op at any point.
Good gunplay / story / etc ... don't bother with any vehicles except choppers though, the terrain is so rough and huge that a chopper is the only thing to bother using to get anywhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 14, 2017, 08:12 Veinman

Qbex . wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 23:38:
So is this any good for a single player only ? I'm not interested in mp and don't give a rats ass bout story either, but I've seen it heavily discounted and I was wondering. I like the idea of large open world sandbox Far Cry 2 style, would that scratch that itch ?

You can absolutely have fun with this game by yourself, and in many ways it is better, since your AI buddies, while idiots, are far hardier than actual players. And they generally do what you tell them to do.

8. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 14, 2017, 07:40 1badmf

also written and directed by shane black, who contributed to the script of the original film, played radioman Hawkins, and is a very good character writer/director in his own right. i think this will be better than the dreck since predator 2.  

7. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 14, 2017, 00:08 El Pit

ChopperDan wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 23:47:
Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:58:
There's a remake of this coming out this year. Sigh. Fuck you Hollywood.
Not really a remake from the looks of it... Just another movie in the series. Yes I'm aware it says remake, but who's cast as Dutch?
and who is Casey Bracket?

You're right, it is NOT a remake. There are even references to the old movies, like the son of Gary Busey playing the son of Gary Busey's Predator 2 character.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

6. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 23:57 Rhett

Task wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 23:42:
Really strange. Why not make it 4v1? And a permanent game mode. Is the Predator a player or an AI boss?

It's an SP/co-op event, so it will be an AI. Most likely you'll head around the map finding clues about it or investigating it, and have to battle it. Probably like the Yeti thing they had, where you track down a sniper in the snow... but that was pretty anticlimactic.

This looks cool though. Sucks it's a limited time event.

5. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 23:47 ChopperDan

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:58:
Not really a remake from the looks of it... Just another movie in the series. Yes I'm aware it says remake, but who's cast as Dutch?
and who is Casey Bracket?

4. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 23:42 Task

Really strange. Why not make it 4v1? And a permanent game mode. Is the Predator a player or an AI boss?  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

3. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 23:38 Qbex .

So is this any good for a single player only ? I'm not interested in mp and don't give a rats ass bout story either, but I've seen it heavily discounted and I was wondering. I like the idea of large open world sandbox Far Cry 2 style, would that scratch that itch ?  

2. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 22:38 RaZ0r!

I find this really bizarre. Jump the shark much?  

1. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 13, 2017, 19:58 Cutter

Billy: I'm scared Poncho.

Poncho: Bullshit. You ain't afraid of no man.

Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo