Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 14, 2017, 00:34 eRe4s3r

JeffD wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 18:31:
Simon Says wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 14:52:
Y'all people are missing the point. It's just yet another inconvenience of non-user replaceable batteries. Had we kept user replaceable batteries in all smartphones, we would've never heard about this, nor would it had ever happened.

It would be easily solvable, were it not unprofitable for them to do so, profits/shareholders above clients, that's what it's about, as usual.

I would like to see this spark a movement for replaceable batteries again. There is no reason the phone can't be water proofed and the battery compartment be kept sectioned off. Drying a battery off is easy fixings.

It would be easy, if they didn't put fragile as hell battery "bags" in to make the phone 2mm thinner. As long as that trend goes on, replacing batteries will be impossible. -> to water proof they glue everything up the whaazoo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Batteries Dec 13, 2017, 22:39 JeffD

Luke wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:18:
Let's see if we can get this one to buy a new phone , he seems to be ok we slow his phone down , let's give it a notch more......god people are.....

Black and white? Batteries die, it is a fact of life. You want to get pissy because someone offered an alternative to 15 minute run times?

8. Re: Batteries Dec 13, 2017, 19:18 Luke

JeffD wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 10:39:
You know...I don't know why iphone users would be all up in arms about this, I would be perfectly fine with my phone slowing things down a little so that when batteries get old..I don't start losing screen time. Obviously I would love an indicator of some sort letting me know my batteries efficiency level, but I would rather things be a little slower rather then have to charge my battery in the middle of the day. (Android user here).

Let's see if we can get this one to buy a new phone , he seems to be ok we slow his phone down , let's give it a notch more......god people are.....

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2017, 19:04 Frijoles

Verno wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 14:17:
I had a go with Skyrim VR on a buddy's Playstation 4 Pro w/PSVR. Holy shit. I thought I was done with Skyrim after like 200+ hours in it but VR really does immerse you in a way that is almost indescribable.

Hopefully comes to PC soon. FO4 with melee weapons is fun, but I imagine Skyrim would be even better due to the focus on melee. On the other hand, blasting a raider point blank (thanks teleport!) with a shotgun is certainly enjoyable.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2017, 18:31 JeffD

Simon Says wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 14:52:
Y'all people are missing the point. It's just yet another inconvenience of non-user replaceable batteries. Had we kept user replaceable batteries in all smartphones, we would've never heard about this, nor would it had ever happened.

It would be easily solvable, were it not unprofitable for them to do so, profits/shareholders above clients, that's what it's about, as usual.

I would like to see this spark a movement for replaceable batteries again. There is no reason the phone can't be water proofed and the battery compartment be kept sectioned off. Drying a battery off is easy fixings.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2017, 14:52 Simon Says

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2017, 14:17 Verno

I had a go with Skyrim VR on a buddy's Playstation 4 Pro w/PSVR. Holy shit. I thought I was done with Skyrim after like 200+ hours in it but VR really does immerse you in a way that is almost indescribable. Sure there is a bit of a graphics downgrade but you quickly forget about it as you're gawking at snowflakes falling while a dragon flies by overhead. It was fucking phenomenal and I really want to pick one up now.  
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

3. Re: Batteries Dec 13, 2017, 13:51 Creston

You know...I don't know why iphone users would be all up in arms about this, I would be perfectly fine with my phone slowing things down a little so that when batteries get old..I don't start losing screen time. Obviously I would love an indicator of some sort letting me know my batteries efficiency level, but I would rather things be a little slower rather then have to charge my battery in the middle of the day. (Android user here).

Which is fair, but if it slows it down to the point that the whole phone becomes sluggish, which would you rather have? Other people would rather their phone just keeps working normally. Apple should just offer it as a choice, or at least notify users that this is happening.

Of course, I've sat in the Apple store plenty of times, listening to their upselling guys tech support guys explain to users that their phone is slowing down because it's fucked, but for the measly price of $800 they can upgrade to the shiniest, newest phone! And then Apple will give them 14 bucks for their old phone, so it's really only just $786!

How many people bought a new phone because they thought their phone was dying, when instead it was Apple deliberately fucking with its speed?

2. Re: Batteries Dec 13, 2017, 13:04 eRe4s3r

Well the only site that calls it a controversy is the one listed here, for me a battery efficiency indicator would be nice, and a way to throttle the tablet when I don't need the speed would be even nicer...

1. Batteries Dec 13, 2017, 10:39 JeffD

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo