Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. No subject Dec 14, 2017, 10:02 Mashiki Amiketo

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 15:47:
Graphically it's amazing, but gameplay is just awful, imo. Seems designed for the pre pubescent crowd.

NSFW: You should like this then meet Loot Skywalker. a star wars battlefront 2 psa.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 15:47 BIGtrouble77

I bought the game for my 8 year old son because he absolutely loves Starwars and I'm not going to make a political statement at his expense. That said, he got a lesson in loot crates and why we won't ever be purchasing them. He loves the game, but it looks like complete garbage to me. Graphically it's amazing, but gameplay is just awful, imo. Seems designed for the pre pubescent crowd.  

7. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 13:48 Nullity

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:17:
They'll have to do something, because the estimated sales are under 1.1m physical units, and they were expecting to sell 13m copies. I doubt once we hear the next earnings call that they'll have sold more then 3m copies including digital which aren't counted.

LOL, from that link...

...many withheld their wallets, despite some media outlets still shilling for the game, the ESA coming to EA's aid, and some fanboys still trying to convince plebs that they should just ignore the loot boxes and have fun. Well, thankfully a majority of people didn't listen, but there was still 882,000 suckers out there who fell into the trap, willingly.

6. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 13:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Nullity wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:37:

Good, serves them right. That "something" should logically be, "tone it down, Scrooge McDuck", but unfortunately, that's not how the brains of executives, shareholders, and marketing departments work.
Sure is, but keep in mind that shareholders expect returns for that investment. CEO's have been forced out less, and EA has shutdown studios for failing to sell just under the expected demand. This time, it's all on marketing and the CEO's vision on what they expected they could get away with. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year or so that we hear the "CEO is moving on to new things."

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 13:37 Nullity

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:17:
Nullity wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:58:
Yeah, they'll just have to get more clever with their greed.
They'll have to do something, because the estimated sales are under 1.1m physical units, and they were expecting to sell 13m copies. I doubt once we hear the next earnings call that they'll have sold more then 3m copies including digital which aren't counted.

Good, serves them right. That "something" should logically be, "tone it down, Scrooge McDuck", but unfortunately, that's not how the brains of executives, shareholders, and marketing departments work.

4. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 13:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Nullity wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:58:

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 12:58 Nullity

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:02:
Corporations don't look at it that way. They needlessly lost several hundred million dollars through greed and that pisses shareholders off. It makes a difference.

2. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 12:02 Cutter

Corporations don't look at it that way. They needlessly lost several hundred million dollars through greed and that pisses shareholders off. It makes a difference.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

1. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 11:04 Tipsy McStagger

minor setback for them, they'll just find another way to milk those idiot gamers.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo