Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 15:37 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 08:45:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 05:59:
Video games are unplayable with a controller. There, I said it!
Well, highly dependent on the game and how it is programmed. If it is well programmed, using a keyboard is often better, However, there are exceptions...

Good point. Correction: Final Fantasy 15 is unplayable on a controller. However, Wipeout Omega Collection isn't overly difficult. Speaking of which, fantastic game. It's Wipeout as I remember it on the PS1 only with insanely better graphics and modern electronic music. Controls feels familiar. When I bought it last night (my first PS Store digital purchase) it was on sale for $15 versus its regular price of $40.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 08:45 Mr. Tact

Kxmode wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 05:59:
Video games are unplayable with a controller. There, I said it!
Well, highly dependent on the game and how it is programmed. If it is well programmed, using a keyboard is often better, However, there are exceptions...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 06:06 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 21:29:
Couldn't agree more about Horizon Zero Dawn being a great game. I've only seen it not played it, as a PC gamer. It's probably only 2nd or 3rd game that made me consider buying a console. The Last of Us, Red Dead and Horizon, seem to be amazing looking games. I guess Red Dead is getting pretty old and not sure how it holds up these days. At least at one time, it sounded amazing.

PC gamers would have modded the shit out of those games, well if it was possible. Party2

Absolutely. The Complete Edition is at the top of my buy list. It comes with the Frozen Wilds expansion. Being PS4 Pro enhanced means it has full 4K support, with high-resolution textures, at the max framerate at whatever the device can handle. I saw videos, and it looks incredible. That said, the blasted controller is rage-inducing, nightmare fuel. I'm going to save up enough funds to buy an authorized Keyboard/Mouse PS4 controller.

I bought Final Fantasy 15 for $20 at Best Buy yesterday. I was very happy with that!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 05:59 Kxmode

Video games are unplayable with a controller. There, I said it! When I have the funds, I'm buying a keyboard/mouse PS4 controller.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 01:24 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:24:
Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too By SALMA HAYEK

can't believe he did that to her. by all accounts she is one of the sweetest girls in hollywood and a beautiful soul all around.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 21:29 Acleacius

Couldn't agree more about Horizon Zero Dawn being a great game. I've only seen it not played it, as a PC gamer. It's probably only 2nd or 3rd game that made me consider buying a console. The Last of Us, Red Dead and Horizon, seem to be amazing looking games. I guess Red Dead is getting pretty old and not sure how it holds up these days. At least at one time, it sounded amazing.

PC gamers would have modded the shit out of those games, well if it was possible. Party2

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 18:59 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 16:32:
Bought a PS4 Pro (native 4K, HDR lighting, framerate boost, VR ready, 1 TB drive). Too many exclusives on that gaming platform that I couldn't pass up a chance to snap one for $350 ($50 off). First game I want to play is Final Fantasy 15. Also, looking forward to Death Stranding. I am still a PC Master Race gamer... but now I can play PS4 exclusives in 4K. I'm still going to play with a KB and Mouse.

Horizon Zero Dawn. My 2nd all time favorite game/story right behind Red Dead Redemption, and just before AC Black Flag.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 18:56 shul

Happy hanukkah  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 18:51 Dacote

Thanks  

13. removed Dec 13, 2017, 18:40 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 13, 2017, 18:49.

“I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END.” - Miranda Hart

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 17:14 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 16:55:
With all the shit going on in the media, etc. Every politician should be sat in a room and FORCED to watch that video. A reminder to pay it forward.

The "SKYRIM VR - PSVR (Elders React- Gaming)?" I agree. They should.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 17:12 Acleacius

Here's hoping Everly meets Harvey  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 16:55 Retired

With all the shit going on in the media, etc. Every politician should be sat in a room and FORCED to watch that video. A reminder to pay it forward.

/the good use video

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2017, 20:56.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 16:32 Kxmode

Bought a PS4 Pro (native 4K, HDR lighting, framerate boost, VR ready, 1 TB drive). Too many exclusives on that gaming platform that I couldn't pass up a chance to snap one for $350 ($50 off). First game I want to play is Final Fantasy 15. Also, looking forward to Death Stranding. I am still a PC Master Race gamer... but now I can play PS4 exclusives in 4K. I'm still going to play with a KB and Mouse.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 15:39 UttiniDaKilrJawa

That prepper skit is awesome. Full Twilight Zone / Outer Limits episode in under a minute hehehe.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 14:05 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:24:
Oof, now I gotta wonder about any sex scene in a Miramax movie: is it integral to the story, or is it just in there for Harvey to fap to?

Stay a while, and listen.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 13:51 Mr. Tact

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:24:
Also, what kind of complete asshole gives Salma Hayek a hard time?
The kind who thinks he has massive power over her, who is in the habit of bullying everyone, and thinks he can make his miserable excuse of a life better by sleeping with her? Just a guess...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 13:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, that Survivalist skit is hilarious!

Also, what kind of complete asshole gives Salma Hayek a hard time? That NYT article is an extremely depressing read, but really sheds light on the Weinstein situation, thanks for sharing, RedEye9.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 12:24 RedEye9

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo