Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer

An "official pre-announcement trailer" for Battalion 1944 shows off some of the care going into development of this World War II first-person shooter. The clip shows off action from the game as well as a trip made by developer Bulkhead Interactive to France for inspiration. They also discuss the game's price scheme, and how they will reward backers who have already paid more than they plan to charge:

Bulkhead Interactive and Square Enix Collective can also reveal that Battalion 1944 will retail for £11.99/€14.99/$14.99. Keen-eyed observers will notice that’s actually less than the bottom tier during the game’s Kickstarter campaign. As a result, those who backed Battalion 1944 when it was just a spark in Brammer’s synapses, will be rewarded with unique-to-backers only skins and multiple cosmetic and vanity-focused loot crates.

“The market has changed so much since we first started work on Battalion 1944, and as players we felt like we wanted to see a fairer approach to pricing in-development video games,” adds Brammer. “In an effort to have a better relationship with our community, Battalion 1944’s run in Early Access will see it priced as a game that’s still in development, and one that requires a growing community to help design and refine it. We also really want to reward the existing community who have been behind us since the beginning, so with this approach we want to give something back to the game’s first loyal supporters.”

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer Dec 13, 2017, 07:26 JAGUART

I wonder how many times the Thompson SMG has been modeled and skinned for videogames in the last 15 years.  
"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer Dec 13, 2017, 01:36 jdreyer

It's about time. We haven't had a WW2 game for a good long while.  

Stay a while, and listen.

3. Re: Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer Dec 12, 2017, 23:10 DangerDog

rawbelly wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 22:36:
I'm pretty sure I just saw COD2 gameplay

was watching it without sound, then listened to the video and one of the dudes in the clip says "this is the best shooter since cod2"

I wonder if Activision has a patent on the "look and feel" of a cod game?

2. Re: Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer Dec 12, 2017, 22:36 rawbelly

I'm pretty sure I just saw COD2 gameplay  

1. Re: Battalion 1944 Price Details and Trailer Dec 12, 2017, 21:14 DangerDog

movement looks like call of duty clone.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo