Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale

GOG.com announces their Winter Sale is now underway, offering discounts on hundreds of titles on their DRM-free marketplace. They kick things off with a 100% discount on Grim Fandango Remastered, the updated 2015 edition of the point-and-click adventure. They are also offering the chance to unlock other freebies with your purchases, and mystery games with holiday stars:

Oh, jolly! It's the start of the GOG.com Winter Sale: where great games, gifts, and wonder are never in short supply.

We're doing 14 days of Winter Sale, starting with 500+ deals up to -90%, more offers added every single day, and holiday Stars full of great Mystery Games!

'Tis the season of giving, so we're giving out Grim Fandango Remastered! This isn't just a classic for collectors, it's still one of the best adventure games you'll play in 2017 thanks to technical and gameplay updates introduced with the remaster. Visit GOG.com before Dec. 14, 2 PM UTC to claim your holiday gift!

'Tis also the season of getting, so get free games just for shopping! Every single dollar you spend during The Winter Sale counts towards your total...

...unlock Hard West once you've spent 15 USD
...unlock Master of Orion (2016) once you've spent 40 USD

Every purchase counts – from winter deals through GWENT card kegs purchased via GOG Galaxy!

When you wish upon a star… you get a great deal on one of our favorite hand-picked titles! Every Star contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to broaden your horizons and try something new. What's more, each Mystery Game is on sale for more than just the cost of a Star, so every Star you open can be "worth it".

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 13, 2017, 07:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweeeeeeet... picked up Grim Fandango, also they updated Steam Connect, so add (some of) your Steam games to Gog, for free.

Hrm, Absolver down to $14.99... tempted to buy that, assuming the multiplayer portion isn't already dead on Galaxy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 13, 2017, 05:43 Numinar

I love all the Lucasarts titles, except Loom which I never really got into (I should try again, that guy in the tavern really seems to like it).

But Grim is the best. Best puzzles, characters, dialogue, music, story and it's loooooong. Hits me right in the feels every time like that dog getting old in Futurama.

So thank you GOG, I will own it on a 5th platform!

10. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 15:28 Slick

Yeah, I haven't done day of the tentacle either... when I'm in a retro mood I'll check em out.

I did replay through LOOM a little while ago, that was amazing.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

9. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 15:04 Slashman

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 12:23:
I remember seeing that game sitting on my local PC shop's shelving growing up... never did get around to playing it.

Dude...that is a classic! Glotis is worth the price of admission alone!

8. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 14:48 Burrito of Peace

7. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 12:23 Slick

I remember seeing that game sitting on my local PC shop's shelving growing up... never did get around to playing it.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

6. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 11:44 SlimRam

Took about 15 minutes to show in my library, it'll work, give it some time.

5. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 11:18 Cutter

Yeah, site is a little glitchy atm. Saw a few other games listed as "free" but when I added them to cart they showed up with the price. This is great, GF is one of my all time faves and I haven't checked out the remaster yet.

Edit: Yeah, it's not showing up in my library either. I've refreshed, logged in and out, etc. and still no joy yet.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

4. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 11:12 mch

Yep, once the front page switched over to the Winter Sale with the banner, I was able to add it to my account from there.

Problem solved.

3. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 11:05 Suckage

I think you have to press on the Grim banner on the store tab and it adds itself automatically to your account.  

2. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 11:02 Bill Borre

Same here. I made an account but it isn't working.  

1. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Free with GOG Winter Sale Dec 12, 2017, 10:52 mch

Awesome! Can't seem to get it to add to my cart at the moment, but I have a feeling that'll get sorted out.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo