Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked?

A YouTuber named AlmightyDaq is attracting attention with a new video called Battlefield 2018 Leaked Insider information. According to this, the next installment in the military shooter series will be Battlefield: Bad Company 3. Believing this seems like a stretch at first, since this is only the third video posted to that channel in over a year. But this carries some extra credibility since one of the previous videos there is called Battlefield 2016 Leaked Insider information, which turned out to be a detailed and accurate prediction of DICE's plans for Battlefield 1. VG247 offers this summary of details from the video:

Now, he claims he has insider information about DICEís next Battlefield, which heís confident is going to be Battlefield: Bad Company 3. According to his source, the game is going to take place in the mid and post-Vietnam War era, up to the Cold War.

Thereís going to be a campaign, with missions taking place throughout these conflicts, though he adds itís not going to be historically accurate. The choice of era could mean that the lovable squad from the first two games may not return, though he didnít have anything to say about them.

Multiplayer will bring back the focus on tighter maps, compared to Battlefield 1 and 4ís all-out war themes with larger maps. Conquest, Rush, Operations, and even smaller modes like TDM ,and Domination are all returning.

The choice of the era will naturally affect the weapon roster, which, according to his source, will also feature Battlefield 4 levels of customisation. Vehicles include tanks, LAVs, helicopters.

Thereís going to be at least one new mode, which he says is similar to Squad Obliteration from Battlefield 4, supporting ten players in 5v5. Maps will be comparable in size to Bad Company 2 maps like Harvest Day, Oasis, and Grand Bazaar from Battlefield 3. In short, small-to-medium maps offering condensed action.

The four main classes in Assault, Engineer, Support, and Recon are all returning. AlmightyDaq does say that Bad Company 2 may bring back the Battlepack system, but thereís no plan to add microtransactions, though he says the backlash Star Wars: Battlefront 2 received factored into this.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 13, 2017, 11:49 Numinar

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 17:18:
They've already said that the Sci-Fi shooter arena is too congested for them to make BF2143, even though I would really like to have that game over the endless Titanfall games and half-assed attempts at making a "Star Wars not battlefield game".

BFBC3 makes the most sense, even the vietnam/cold war era as they can hit a those "diversity" notes without treading into historical controversy people like to drum up. Black people in my WWI game?

You could easily microtransaction cosmetics in vietnam/cold war era type game as well.

I would have liked the series to have picked up where BFBC2 left off, the Russians invading the US and playing out a Red Dawn type scenario in US maps.

Eveyrhting you say makes sense other than the black people in WW1 quip. Though BF1 is far from accurate in how it potrays non-whites (And almost every other aspect of the war) in it's various theaters, it was a world war involving two of the greatest colonial powers of the time who were more than happy to conscript soldiers from their foreign possessions. Hundreds of thousands of 'colored' people from Africa and Asia fought on the western front and served support roles. That you think that it's forced diversity says more about the kind of media produced about the conflict and your lack of education than it does about the imaginary SJW crusade, which if it exists has reasonable grounds to try and correct the record.

France alone conscripted almost half a million African troops for the western front, a big part of the reason why Germany with it's superior population and birthrate compared to the allied forces lost.

The failure of the Triple Entente to reward it's possessions with some autonomy after their people bled on a continent not their own and where they were not seen as full 'humans' played a big role in the dismantling of those colonial empires.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 13, 2017, 01:48 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 11:14:
Oh and I also hope that tanks can swat choppers out of the sky like flies again too ^_^

Ima nuke yo ass with FFARs and miniguns in my Huey Cobra gunship. There are no MANPADS at this time.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

12. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 21:45 Morgan19

DangerDog wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 17:18:
over the endless Titanfall games

How is two games "endless"?

11. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 18:30 CJ_Parker

Leak sounds very credible. I'm sure that EA has been feverishly trying to figure out how to get a MTX-infested modern military shooter into stores. Like yesterday.

BF4 is too old to majorly fleece sheeple. A sequel to BF1 may be a little too soon, i.e. already going back to modern warfare after one excursion could seem a little odd.

So, why not strike two birds with one stone and revive BFBC? Perfect match for a modern military shooter, and if MTX/loot boxes rub people the wrong way, it will not taint the main BF franchise too much. In fact they might use BFBC as a test bed how far they can push it. Win-win all around.

Besides, as can be seen from the gushing comments in this thread, people are so easily hyped. The SWBF fiasco is already all but forgotten. This is why EA will win the MTX wars. Sheeple are too easily blinded by hype and have too little self control.

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 17:18 DangerDog

They've already said that the Sci-Fi shooter arena is too congested for them to make BF2143, even though I would really like to have that game over the endless Titanfall games and half-assed attempts at making a "Star Wars not battlefield game".

BFBC3 makes the most sense, even the vietnam/cold war era as they can hit a those "diversity" notes without treading into historical controversy people like to drum up. Black people in my WWI game?

You could easily microtransaction cosmetics in vietnam/cold war era type game as well.

I would have liked the series to have picked up where BFBC2 left off, the Russians invading the US and playing out a Red Dawn type scenario in US maps.

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 16:03 Turd Ferguson

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 15:21:

The Vietnam expansion I really liked though, I don't know why someone says the soundtrack lacked, they had like 20 or 30 liscenced songs that would play from the chopper (anyone around would hear it). They just forgot to add an in-game UI toggle to enable it, you had to do a console command, or add it to the .cfg file.

I liked it as well.

Hymmz. From what I remember, please correct me if I'm wrong, they were mostly unknown titles, no CCR no Deep Purple, basically no iconic Vietnam tunes that I loved from most of the popular Vietnam film soundtracks. I really wanted to hear "Running Through the Jungle" while I'm flying around in my Huey.

Loved the radio idea in the vehicles

Edit:

According to the wiki this is their track list:

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company_2:_Vietnam_Radio_Soundtrack

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 15:21 Slick

Don't pimp your nostalgia glasses too much...

There was a lot with the engine/gameplay that they've fixed since then.

- Being able to run while strafing
- Being able to prone
- Being able to vault

being a few examples of real annoyances of BFBC2, at least they brought back Rezzing that was absent in BFBC1.

The Vietnam expansion I really liked though, I don't know why someone says the soundtrack lacked, they had like 20 or 30 liscenced songs that would play from the chopper (anyone around would hear it). They just forgot to add an in-game UI toggle to enable it, you had to do a console command, or add it to the .cfg file.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 14:06 SpectralMeat

theglaze wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 14:01:
Hereís hoping DICE understands all the reasons that made BC2 so great, and they donít fuck up the sequel...
I wouldn't hold my breath. The way they're going BFBC3 will be an empty menu everything in game will be unlocked from lootboxes

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 14:05 aka_STEVE

I'll cross my fingers for the magic to strike twice....

Bad Company 2 had the most fun gameplay .

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 14:01 theglaze

BC2 was brilliant for a lot of reasons; to me itís best mode was Rush with the MCOM stations requiring the attacking team to activate, and the defense needing to defuse.

That mode was amazing, because ONE PLAYER with a slick move to sneak in and arm or disarm the MCOM could change the momentum of the match. Itís like Counter-StrIke for adrenaline and tactical plays, but on a larger scale with more diverse maps and tools.

Dice/EA got caught up on making every BF game BIGGER after BC2 which meant your actions in a general, public server had significantly less impact on the outcome of the match. I did both BF3 and BF4 but they had successfully killed the fun for me, so Iíve skipped Hardline, Battlefronts, and BF1.

Hereís hoping DICE understands all the reasons that made BC2 so great, and they donít fuck up the sequel...

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 13:42 Verno

BC2 is one of my franchise favorites, had so much fun taking down buildings and farting around in it. Great atmosphere and solid map design. Also no skylords fucking everything up, I include myself as a major jet whore in that assessment  
Playing: Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5, Vermintide 2
Watching: Annihilation, The Quiet Place, A Dark Song

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 13:40 Turd Ferguson

F'ing stoked they are doing another one, BFBC2 was freaking awesome! The Vietnam expansion lacked quite a lot, a specially in the soundtrack department also flying choppers felt like they were on rails, but in the long run it was a lot of fun.

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 11:41 Suckage

BC2 was so much fun. Fingers crossed that they'll manage to recreate the formula...  

1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 3 Plans Leaked? Dec 12, 2017, 11:14 Slick

SAWEEEEEEET

I loved competing in BFBC2.

And this mystery 5v5 mode has got to be the "incursions" thing that they're working on now for BF1.

So the comp scene is going to heat up again for BFBC3.

VIETNAM BABY!!!! I hope they licence a bunch of good music like they did in the past.

Oh and I also hope that tanks can swat choppers out of the sky like flies again too ^_^

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo