Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 VR Released

Steam News announces the release of Fallout 4 VR, an updated version of Bethesda's first-person shooter for HTC Vive (don't expect an Oculus Rift version of this until Oculus and Bethesda kiss and make up). The release version has an issue causing some users to experience blurry or low-resolution graphics, and this post outlines how to get a beta patch to address this. Here's a rundown on what to expect here:

Fallout 4, the legendary post-apocalyptic adventure from Bethesda Game Studios and winner of more than 200 ‘Best Of’ awards, including the DICE and BAFTA Game of the Year, finally comes in its entirety to VR. Fallout 4 VR includes the complete core game with all-new combat, crafting, and building systems fully reimagined for virtual reality. The freedom of exploring the wasteland comes alive like never before.

As the sole survivor of Vault 111, you enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. Every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. Only you can rebuild and determine the fate of the Wasteland. Welcome home.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 20:08 AlexSledge

Now it's just a short wait until they've ported to PS VR.  
I should be coding.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 18:53 The Half Elf

Getting slaughtered in the Steam reviews.

Let me sit down and use my Mouse and Keyboard. I'm all for exercise, but let me use it like in Elite Dangerous.

VR Visual Quality is getting a huge hit as well.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

6. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 17:33 Spektr

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 11:52:
The release version has an issue causing some users to experience blurry or low-resolution graphics

Ah, the legendary Bethesda release. Been awhile since we've last met.

+1

5. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 16:43 Frijoles

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 11:52:
The release version has an issue causing some users to experience blurry or low-resolution graphics

Sounds like this is fixed in a patch they just released to beta branch today. I hope that means they're listening to complaints and have some quick turn-around on bug squishing. Not that I really expect much.

4. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 16:04 Primalchrome

Looking forward to playing it...if only the meat world would quit getting in the way of my virtual playthings.  

3. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 11:52 Creston

2. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 11:30 Frijoles

Played an hour last night. Just enough to finish the starter area and kill some bugs. Melee feels good. Shooting I haven't done much yet. Apparently scopes don't work at all, so hopefully it can be modded. Few glitches and things to fix via settings, but overall not bad. I did quite enjoy escaping the starter house and walking around. And you can stick your hand through glass cases and take items.

So far so good, although I need a good hundred more hours in it to know for sure. I would like to see the perk list updated with some VR specific options. For example, being able to teleport further without using AP. Again, hopefully someone can mod it. I think people were doing some tests and were saying that yes, mods should work.

1. Re: Fallout 4 VR Released Dec 12, 2017, 11:25 HorrorScope

It works on the Oculus, both of Bethesda's recent releases do.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo