Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Quake Champions Gets Keel This Week

id Software announces plans to update Quake Champions on Thursday, bringing Keel back from Quake 3 Arena as part of what's described as a "huge update to the early access edition of their multiplayer shooter. They offer this trailer with a comic book-style reintroduction of Keel, and they provide the following details on the patch:

id Software has continued to update and improve Quake Champions throughout Early Access based on the feedback and requests of the player community. This week on Dec. 14, Quake Champions will receive one of its largest updates to date, delivering new content and features including a new Champion, Keel, who returns from Quake 3 Arena and Quake Live; a new arena for Duel and 2v2, Vale of Pnath; Ranked Play and Leaderboards; plus a ton of festive, holiday-themed gear and maps for a limited time.

VIDEO - check out our new comic book-style video introducing Keel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZLj3RFDio

The December Update will include:

• NEW CHAMPION – Keel is Back! Quake 3 Arena’s resurrected war machine Keel will join the roster of heroes next week, bringing a Grenade Swarm active ability that allows him launch a barrage of grenades and the Stockpile passive ability, which reduces the cooldown on Grenade Swarm with every ammo box he picks up. Keel will be free for players who own the full Champions Pack and available for purchase using Platinum via the in-game store for everyone else.
  • NEW DUEL MAP – Vale of Pnath – Duel mode’s pure test of skill has ignited competition in Early Access, and next week players will get another arena dedicated to 1v1 and 2v2. Vale of Pnath is a wickedly vertical shrine to the Elder God Ithagnal built atop treacherous acid-filled caverns. This new map is free for all players of the game – get in there and face off with your friends!
  • RANKED PLAY AND LEADERBOARDS – Quake Champions is the most intense FPS competition on any platform, and now Early Access players will be able to take their skills to the next level and easily see where they rank against the best in the world.
  • HOLIDAY CELEBRATION – Celebrate the holidays with specially themed items including animated Champion shaders and festive weapons shaders, holiday decorations on Burial Chamber and Corrupted Keep, holiday hat vanities for Champions, and limited edition profile icons and nameplates.
  • CROSSHAIR CUSTOMIZATION – One of the most requested features from the community will go live with the December update, allowing players to choose from 40 different crosshair options and use a slider to select the color of their choice.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2017, 07:27 Muscular Beaver

Flo wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 04:11:
I had tons of fun with it and it is a great "companion" game to Overwatch for me but I think the player base is really small. Even as a a veteran Quake player it was really frustrating for me when I couldnt even score one frag in some matches. The learning curve is insane when we consider that the kiddies of today are supposed to play this
Really? I was in it again after a few games.
But I dislike the different "classes" and unlocking BS. I want something like Q3 or UT, if I play a game like that.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2017, 04:11 Flo

I had tons of fun with it and it is a great "companion" game to Overwatch for me but I think the player base is really small. Even as a a veteran Quake player it was really frustrating for me when I couldnt even score one frag in some matches. The learning curve is insane when we consider that the kiddies of today are supposed to play this  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 12, 2017, 01:58 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 22:26:
https://steamdb.info/app/611500/graphs/ and it's dead.

Many people who are playing QC don't go through Steam, so those numbers are not at all a good representation of the playerbase. Probably only a couple thousand playing regularly, but no way to know without having stats from how many are going directly through the Bethesda launcher as well.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

1. Re: Quake Champions Gets Keel This Week Dec 11, 2017, 22:26 RedEye9

https://steamdb.info/app/611500/graphs/ and it's dead.  

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo