Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Conan Exiles in May

FUNCOM announces Conan Exiles will officially launch for Windows and consoles on May 8th. Until then the survival game remains in early access on Steam, where it's been going through its paces since January. They offer a new release date announcement trailer showing off new content, including a new biome and a new combat system. They also offer pricing details and gear up for physical edition preorders:

PRICING ON ALL PLATFORMS ANNOUNCED
Funcom also announced today the final pricing for the game across all platforms. The PC version will launch at $39.99 while Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will launch at $49.99. Conan Exiles is currently available on PC at the $29.99 Early Access price point, while Xbox One is available in Game Preview at $49.99. The PlayStation 4 version will not be available to play before full launch on May 8th, 2018. Everyone who purchases the game on PC or Xbox One in digital stores prior to launch will also receive the Conanís Royal Armor in-game item at launch. Digital pre-orders will start on PlayStation 4 at a later date and will also include this exclusive item.

PRE-ORDER THE PHYSICAL RETAIL VERSION
Funcom is excited to be teaming up with Koch Media to deliver boxed physical copies of Conan Exiles to stores. Pre-orders of the physical boxed version have now begun with select retailers for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Gamers can pre-order the Day One Edition that contains a printed map of the Exiled Lands, along with the iconic Conanís Atlantean Sword in-game item which is only available through pre-ordering the physical retail version. The official website will be updated throughout the week as retail outlets start listing the pre-order.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 18:21 GothicWizard

[quote="Cutter"Dec 12, 2017, 09:25"25394

Have you looked at the recent reviews?

So mostly complaining about a alpha game being in.. alpha.. yea... ok.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 18:20 GothicWizard

[quote="SacredGinmill"Dec 12, 2017, 09:18"14727

Eventually though, the issue with your base getting raided while offline soured the experience. I don't think any of these games have figured out a solution for this.

That is already a 'fix' for that, a server setting where you can make buildings, containers indestructible (or flag as such during certain times, days even). Thus sure you may be able to find a way in but if all your materials are in a container the 'raiders' won't have much to take.

17. Re: Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 13:33 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 03:01:
"Too much schlong and boobies in the hands of immature adults." (Funcom, I give you permission to use that tagline)
Hey, they'd mastered hair physics. Dong physics was just the next logical step. Given the stiff competition, it was hard for them to wait until the next Dick, Peter, Willie, or Johnson beat them to the punch.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

16. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 11:54 Rigs

SacredGinmill wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 09:18:
Eventually though, the issue with your base getting raided while offline soured the experience. I don't think any of these games have figured out a solution for this.

Actually, the devs for Empyrion have thought of a semi-decent solution, an offline-protection block that puts your base under a force-field that no one can touch while you're away. Just set it and forget it, so to speak. It really has worked well and I see little complaint of it in older, more stable versions of the game (ie Alpha 6). The new Alpha 7 still has some quirks to work out but with the release of 7.5 very soon, that should hopefully be less of a concern.

=-Rigs-=

15. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 11:46 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 02:49:
While I dislike games like those, since they dont offer much replay value for me, I would still prefer this over ARK. This actually feels more like a mini-MMO RPG, while ARK feels like DayZ with dinosaurs, AKA pointless.

Depends on what kind of server you play on. Being that you can run your own, there are many possibilities.

14. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 10:28 Timmeh

another game that everyone who wanted to play it will have played it for 2 years and already be moving on...

why even "release" it after you have let the people play it for so long?

There are a lot of company's out there who have no business sense at all. FUNCOM is one of them. (they have enough to barely survive.)

13. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 09:25 Cutter

GothicWizard wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 21:56:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 20:14:
Game still sounds like a hot mess. Too bad I was hoping it was going to be good.

Hot mess how exactly? I have been playing it for quite a while and it is very enjoyable. The strides it has taken is leaps and bounds from 6 months ago.

Have you looked at the recent reviews?

can't recommend it in it's current state. it has potential, but the bugs ruin the experience.

a few examples:

-a simple client desync can lead to losing all of the end game equipment you had on your person.

- your shield either works or it doesnt. you will be killed through it sometimes, and sometimes you can't attack because it's stuck in the defending position according to the server.

- animals are extremely aggressive and chase the player for as long as they can keep up. some of these creatures can strike multiple times with no way to avoid their attacks because server latency says they hit you before you reacted.

- greifers in pve will attempt to block off important areas simply because they can and there's nothing you can do about it

- npc behavior is jerky and erratic because of latency. they will teleport, rubberband, and strike you through walls.

- clan system is easily abuseable and completely predatory.

again, this game has alot of potential, and if these bugs didn't exist it would be wonderful. however, as it stands right now, it's not worth the frustration of losing several weeks worth of work just because the server decides to forget where you are

to be fair, most of these bugs can be attributed to serverside latency issues. the game works nearly flawlessly in singleplayer. sometimes it functions better. there are some minor issues related to foundations dissappearing when logging out away from home, but that's minor compares to the headache inducing frustration of the online component.

One of many such recent reviews. In short, rampant bugs, hax, griefers. So it's a pass.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

12. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 09:18 SacredGinmill

I had been wanting to try one of these types of games for a while so I bought this when it first went into early access. I enjoyed it immensely for a time.

The population had really been dropping since I left. I hope it will pick up again a little. I will install it again once it is released.

11. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 09:16 Angrius Maximis

There is literally NOTHING to do in this game. Finished? Please  

10. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 07:41 Bub

Funcom, churning out the exploit riddled games since Anarchy Online.  

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

9. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 04:38 Rigs

GothicWizard wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 00:06:
... heat/cold effects...

Hmmm... Idea Does that mean what I think it means? Like, is 'turtleitis' a thing now? I mean you can customize the size of your junk, you'd think if they're gonna go that far with it, might as well simulate the downsides to having it on the biggest setting, ja?

=-Rigs-=

8. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 03:01 Kxmode

"Too much schlong and boobies in the hands of immature adults." (Funcom, I give you permission to use that tagline)  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

7. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 02:49 Muscular Beaver

While I dislike games like those, since they dont offer much replay value for me, I would still prefer this over ARK. This actually feels more like a mini-MMO RPG, while ARK feels like DayZ with dinosaurs, AKA pointless.  

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

6. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 02:41 jdreyer

One advantage that using the Conan license offers is 50 years of world building and mythology to draw on. I'm not huge into survival games (although I enjoyed The Long Dark), but I'll keep my eye on this.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 01:05 Ant

Game still sounds like a hot mess. Too bad I was hoping it was going to be good.
I still haven't tried the game. :/

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 12, 2017, 00:06 GothicWizard

Added another landmass with new creatures and weather, introduced climbing, fishing, new buildings and crafting, fleshed out combat and heat/cold effects and lots of tweaking and balancing of course. All in all they have done some amazing additions.  

3. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 11, 2017, 23:11 ledhead1969

GothicWizard wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 21:56:

Hot mess how exactly? I have been playing it for quite a while and it is very enjoyable. The strides it has taken is leaps and bounds from 6 months ago.

What strides exactly? Was thinking of picking this up.

2. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 11, 2017, 21:56 GothicWizard

1. Re: Conan Exiles in May Dec 11, 2017, 20:14 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo