Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced

Here's more Street Fighter: CapCom Unity announces the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, saying this "ultimate tribute" to the series is coming in May 2018 to Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. This will bring a dozen games from the fighting franchise, all updated to support online play and game saves. Here's a trailer and here are the details:

In 1987, the fighting game genre was forever changed when Street Fighter appeared in arcades around the world. Over 60 characters, 80 titles, 40 million units sold, and 30 years later, we’re celebrating this momentous feat with the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC! Learn more about this ultimate tribute to Street Fighter after the jump!

The Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection contains 12 iconic titles in the series that each have their place in Street Fighter history:

• Street Fighter
  • Street Fighter II
  • Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
  • Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Street Fighter II
  • Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
  • Street Fighter Alpha
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3
  • Street Fighter III
  • Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
  • Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Online Play - Have the desire to duke it out against fighters around the world? Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike are all playable online! In addition to Ranked and Casual Matches, up to four players can join a lobby where they can play against the CPU while waiting for their next match – a throwback to those days of waiting for a second player to challenge you in the arcades. Each of these titles will have their own global leaderboard to ensure bragging rights can be proved. Online play also features “rewind” technology that provides low-latency matches with the ability to adjust your own input latency via the in-game menu.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 23:40 Rigs

I seem to remember there being a 3D polygonal version of SF before, was it the 'EX' series? *checks* Yes, yes it was. I always thought that was so cool. A Street Fighter 2 variant with a Virtua Fighter theme, I recall playing this as a rental on my PS1 back in the day. I remember being so blown away but all my Street Fighter 2 playing friends (all 3 of them) merely yawned and went back to CE or Turbo or Super Turbo Extreme ASA Classic Plus...whatever the hell they were playing at that point. I couldn't understand why they weren't as excited as I was about it. I guess I was the only one as it apparently didn't catch on. A shame because I really like VF-like fighters (VF, Tekken, Toshiden, Soul Calibre et al.)... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 11, 2017, 20:45 Mordecai Walfish

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 15:20:
You should play the Rainbow editions and Capcom should include them all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W74KS-DRUPE

I remember playing the hacked version int he arcade before, and doing pretty much the same thing on the SNES version with game genie. There were so many awesome game genie codes.

Definitely gonna pick this up, there are a bunch of gems in this collection, including SF Alpha 3, which is a truly awesome game. Karin was first introduced in that one I think, and great fun to use with her counters and combo possibilities. Online play and PC day1 release also! Fuck yes.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

9. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 17:33 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 16:06:
Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:04:
LurkerLito wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:40:
Dam, definitely going to get this. I haven't played the original SF since college. And I probably spent more than the price of this game in quarters with the original SF2 in the arcade way back. OMFG I am old.

I worked at an electronics store at the time when it was out, and we had a SF2 arcade machine in our store. So I played an absolute metric ass-ton of it. (free credits, woo!)

I even won the "Amsterdam Open SF2 Championship." that year. Yeah! Eternal fame is mine.

Did that get you lots of wimmenz? Beam

Oh dude, so many. SO MANY!!

8. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 16:06 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:04:
Dam, definitely going to get this. I haven't played the original SF since college. And I probably spent more than the price of this game in quarters with the original SF2 in the arcade way back. OMFG I am old.

I worked at an electronics store at the time when it was out, and we had a SF2 arcade machine in our store. So I played an absolute metric ass-ton of it. (free credits, woo!)

I even won the "Amsterdam Open SF2 Championship." that year. Yeah! Eternal fame is mine.

Did that get you lots of wimmenz? Beam

Stay a while, and listen.

7. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 15:20 Pr()ZaC

You should play the Rainbow editions and Capcom should include them all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W74KS-DRUPE

6. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 15:04 Creston

I never made a full perfect in SF2. On the arcade machine, I got a perfect against everyone except one against Chun Li and one against Zagat in one playthrough.

On the SNES I got all except one against Vega in one playthrough.

5. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 14:17 J

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:03:
Here's your challenge: Play through all of them, in a row, perfectly. No getting hit.

I remember doing that in Street Fighter 2. It was frustrating, especially against psycho Bison. I was young and faster then. I'm not taking up that challenge.

I'd like to play SF 2 again though. If I can buy it separately then I may well do. If not, then I'll join the sale crew The newer ones... they just don't appeal to me.

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

4. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 12:04 Creston

3. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 12:03 Creston

Here's your challenge: Play through all of them, in a row, perfectly. No getting hit.

2. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 10:40 LurkerLito

1. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 10:27 aka_STEVE

not sure if they made enough variations....  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo