Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer

OVERKILL offers an Aidan trailer from OVERKILL's The Walking Dead, the not-awkwardly titled upcoming first-person shooter. The cinematic clip serves as a travelogue showing the appeal of surviving a zombie-infested apocalypse, but ends just before the sport killing of the infected begins, so no gameplay is included. After a couple of delays, the game is still expected for Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One this fall, and the announcement includes some new details:

A new cinematic trailer was released today for OVERKILLís The Walking Dead, the upcoming cooperative first-person shooter in development by OVERKILL Ė A Starbreeze Studio, together with its partners Skybound Entertainment and 505 Games. This video features Aidan, the first of the gameís four unique playable characters fighting to stay alive in a post-apocalyptic world.

Inspired by the rich story universe of Robert Kirkmanís original graphic novels, OVERKILLís The Walking Dead is a four-player co-op multiplayer FPS action game set in Washington, D.C., as an outbreak brings the dead back to life. In this test of strategy and endurance, players will band together with up to three friends on a variety of missions and raids, securing supplies and survivors to strengthen their base camp against the threat of both the dead and the living - by any means necessary.

Each playable character has their own special abilities, skill trees, squad roles, play styles and background stories. Now they all share a common objective where survival and teamwork is paramount. The action is close-up and intense: take out enemies carefully with silent melee attacks or go in guns blazing. You need to be able to improvise, as nothing is certain, and a horde of walkers is always around the corner.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 13, 2017, 14:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrmm, interesting pre-rendered trailer, probably with a ton of money behind it. What games has Overkill done? Let me see... Oh yeah, Payday series... this will probably be a microtransaction/DLC nightmare with terrible AI.

Then again, they have a sci-fi zombie horde shooter coming out soon, right? I'll check that out when it's available.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 12, 2017, 02:49 jdreyer

Bumpy wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 17:17:
Won't the zombie craze ever die? <sic>

Only when we've all succumbed to the zombie virus.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

7. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 17:17 Bumpy

Won't the zombie craze ever die? <sic>  

6. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 17:09 jdreyer

I usually hate these rendered trailers, but that one was pretty good. I guess I'll check out the gameplay vids when they're available.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 16:49 Osc8r

Can't be the walking dead... otherwise the trailer would have been made up of whining little bitches.

But yeah, looking forward to seeing some gameplay videos soon.

4. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 15:03 Darks

Quinn wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 14:20:
Pepe wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:26:
Darks wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:48:
Damn, another 4 players Coop game. This year is looking pretty good for Coop gaming. Looking forward to this one.

If only I had friends

Indeed. Online friends, that is. But then again, anyone well into their twenties will have a hard time getting a group of friends together at the same time. And then, once you finally have that group herded together for the evening, one will suddenly have to go 20 minutes in. Another will have the group pause every 5 minutes for whatever reason. The third will get in a fight with his girlfriend. You're the forth, and you'll have wasted your evening feeling greatly undone for the rest of it.

That's why I say: fuck co-op games.

That is a problem I dont have. I have many friends who love playing Coop games. Plus we have Lan Sessions twice a month. So this stuff works out great for us.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 14:20 Quinn

Pepe wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:26:
Damn, another 4 players Coop game. This year is looking pretty good for Coop gaming. Looking forward to this one.

If only I had friends

Indeed. Online friends, that is. But then again, anyone well into their twenties will have a hard time getting a group of friends together at the same time. And then, once you finally have that group herded together for the evening, one will suddenly have to go 20 minutes in. Another will have the group pause every 5 minutes for whatever reason. The third will get in a fight with his girlfriend. You're the forth, and you'll have wasted your evening feeling greatly undone for the rest of it.

That's why I say: fuck co-op games.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 12:26 Pepe

If only I had friends

1. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Trailer Dec 11, 2017, 10:48 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo