Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 17:20 RedEye9

Steazy wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 15:55:
Every time I agree with Cutter... I die a little bit inside.
I like to think an angel loses its wings.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 16:59 jdreyer

MajorD wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 11:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 11:00:
Fox Noise, Fakebook, Republicant's and the Dotus. They all are responsible for societies decline.

Don't forget CNN, MSNBC, and the Democrats. They're all slanted one way or another.

Both parties are corrupted by the influence of elite and monied interests in politics. That's how the game is played. Sadly, thanks to several court cases, there's no way to regulate it. Citizen's United allows for unlimited political spending (money is actually free speech!). [url=]McDonnell v US[/url] allows for any industry lobbyist to give money to politicians in exchange favorable laws ("official acts of government").

All that being said, there's one party that cuts taxes to the bone to give money to the rich, then claim that because there's now a huge hole in the budget, we'll need to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. Of course the tax cuts were supposed to stimulate the economy to cover the loss of revenue due to the cuts. Why cut spending then?

Republicans don't even pretend to be for the common man these days.

At least Dems attempt to do good for people, like Obamacare, even if the result is less than perfect.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 16:42 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 16:33:
Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 15:26:
Don't forget CNN, MSNBC, and the Democrats. They're all slanted one way or another.

Yes, but they're actually intelligent and capable and do minimal harm compared to the troglodytes on the right. It's not an apples and oranges comparison. More like a retarded chimp and a college graduate comparison.

Just to back up Cutter's comment with some numbers:

On-air comments rated false or mostly false:
Fox: 61%
MSNBC: 44%
CNN: 21%

Did you see the one yesterday when a Fox News talking head complaining about "fake news" gave fake news?

Part of the issue I have is "fake news" now means anything wrong. Personally, I prefer it be something deliberately wrong, with an element of bad faith, rather than something someone simply screwed up.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 16:35 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:09:
That's some fancy shit you got going on there, Comcast.

I'm sure Ajit Pai will get right on that.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 16:33 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 15:26:

Yes, but they're actually intelligent and capable and do minimal harm compared to the troglodytes on the right. It's not an apples and oranges comparison. More like a retarded chimp and a college graduate comparison.

Just to back up Cutter's comment with some numbers:

On-air comments rated false or mostly false:
Fox: 61%
MSNBC: 44%
CNN: 21%

10. Re: Former Facebook exec says social media is ripping apart society. Dec 11, 2017, 16:25 jdreyer

MajorD wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:39:
'Ripping apart' is a bit extreme, but it certainly isn't doing society any good.

Well, the age of extreme polarization started with Fox News and conservative talk radio. Social media is just exacerbating an already bad situation.

And "ripping apart" isn't an inappropriate image. We're more divided politically than in any time in 100 years. That's surprising given how bad things were in the 60s.
Chart 1
Chart 2

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 15:55 Steazy

Every time I agree with Cutter... I die a little bit inside.  

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 15:26 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 13:02 wtf_man

He says he tries to use Facebook as little as possible, and that his children “aren’t allowed to use that shit.”

Fortunately, I've never used that "shit"... and never will.

My wife on the other hand... But at least she only uses it on a very limited basis.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 12:13 Creston

Chamath Palihapitiya, who joined Facebook in 2007 and became its vice president for user growth, said he feels “tremendous guilt” about the company he helped make.

Yeah? How about you donate all that money they paid you to a charity then. No? Not that guilty, huh?

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 12:09 Creston

That's some fancy shit you got going on there, Comcast.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 11:36 MajorD

Fox Noise, Fakebook, Republicant's and the Dotus. They all are responsible for societies decline.

Still counting...

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 11:07 TheGenk

Come on now, we all know it was Rock'n'Roll.

-

Topic Bitcoin:
Strange how Wallstreet is now jumping on Bitcoin having fought it for so long. If you needed another sign that maybe now is the time to drop Bitcoin like a hot potatoe, here it is.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 11:00 RedEye9

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

1. Re: Former Facebook exec says social media is ripping apart society. Dec 11, 2017, 10:39 MajorD

'Ripping apart' is a bit extreme, but it certainly isn't doing society any good.

Still counting...

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo