Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
13. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 06:02 Numinar

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 05:20:
Numinar wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 00:55:

How do you feel about the randomized skin colour and penis size in Rust? How would you feel if there was a tiny outline of a shrunken dick bulge on the male model? I'm just wondering about the worldview of dudes who think this is a big deal.

No fucks given at all. Just like I couldn't give a single fuck if they made the person 89lbs or 430lbs and did more rolling then walking to get around. You're kinda missing the point though. That is, you have a group of people complaining because something is offending their sensibilities. They're no different then a religious nut screeching that D&D and Harry Potter are satanic.

The women I understand. The views I've seen show they think it's kinda gross or don't care, which means it is probably worth changing. Maybe some girls want some camel toe? I haven't heard from any yet.
"gross" jesus it's like I'm in grade 5 and it's the 1980's all over again. It bothers me more that people are "outraged" over camel toe, rather then letting the studio and artists make the game however they want with whatever models they want. Remember the outrage over D:OS and boobplate? Bet you don't, but it was the same complete whining by exactly the same types of people. But hey, don't worry that some whiny puritan is getting upset and they want shit censored because it hurts their feelings or they have some massive desire to virtue signal over it while fedora tipping.

Here's a question for you: Do you think FFVII with it's entire crossdressing + scenes in the Honey Bee Inn would be made today? Or do you think that the socjus people would be screeching that it's homophobic/sexist/misogynist and demanding that it be removed. Keep in mind the absolute stupid garbage that's gone on at localization studios the last 3 years as well. Or that Tifa would exist as she does? You go read that petulant whining over xenoblade?

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 01:59:
Good to see relevant issues are causing uproars on the internet...

oh wait... nevermind
Yeah well don't worry. I'm sure that getting a mesh changed because camel toe was more pressing then getting involved with an anti-slavery group, and trying to stop what's going on in africa.

You know what, I get it. I see what you are scared of, I don't want the outrage brigade or the religious right or some mullah/bishop/CSM bigwig forcing their banal conformity on artists like they have tried and failed to do in the past either.

I just don't feel it yet or see it here. I don't see how somebody finding something in a game gross and letting the developer know on twitter is censorship. If the developer/artist really cared enough about it they could have stood up to these complaints and backed their vision (As I'm sure all those hentai anime games do), but it turns out they didn't care. Because detailed flangery was never a part of their vision.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 11, 10:40 Re: etc. Tipsy McStagger
  2. Dec 11, 12:44  No subject Mashiki Amiketo
  3. Dec 11, 14:11   Re: etc. NKD
  6. Dec 11, 18:23    Re: etc. RedEye9
  7. Dec 11, 21:45     Re: etc. NKD
  8. Dec 11, 21:46      Re: etc. NKD
  4. Dec 11, 15:04   Re: etc. Beamer
  9. Dec 11, 23:17    No subject Mashiki Amiketo
  10. Dec 12, 00:55     Re: etc. Numinar
  12. Dec 12, 05:20      No subject Mashiki Amiketo