Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: etc. Dec 15, 2017, 15:24 Beamer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 13:52:
Beamer wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:07:
How is it helping society?
Look at all the careers being ruined right now. Deservedly. Look at people being willing to talk about what was being done to them.

That's social justice in action. Go back to 4chan, where you can cry about how mean everyone is to white males, denying privilege because you managed to fail at everything you've done and need someone to blame.
Thanks for coming right out and saying that you're a terrible human being that's happier to ruin a persons life over a joke, or daring to question something. You are a regressive.

Whose life was ruined by a joke?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. No subject Dec 15, 2017, 13:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:07:
Look at all the careers being ruined right now. Deservedly. Look at people being willing to talk about what was being done to them.

That's social justice in action. Go back to 4chan, where you can cry about how mean everyone is to white males, denying privilege because you managed to fail at everything you've done and need someone to blame.
Thanks for coming right out and saying that you're a terrible human being that's happier to ruin a persons life over a joke, or daring to question something. You are a regressive.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. Re: etc. Dec 14, 2017, 11:26 Mr. Tact

Is it inappropriate? Debatable, but probably. I say it is debatable because of the number of women (young and old) I see at the local coffee shop wearing yoga pants -- which don't leave much to the imagination. If that is socially acceptable in public, a bit of camel toe doesn't seem much different. All that said, "whatever". If people want to be offended and complain, good for them.

As far as the model in the game and the company's reaction to the complaints -- part of the business is handling PR so,... it is all a normal part of being a company that offers products or services to the public.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: etc. Dec 14, 2017, 11:07 Beamer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 13:19:
Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 10:41:
Religious folks went to Congress to get games banned. They wrote legislation.

People "screeching" on social media don't do that. Yet, still, we have you screeching here all the time about your pet social issues.
Leland Yee is religious? Oh right, he was a progressive democrat who wrote legislation to get games banned. Just like Hillary Clinton, Tipper Gore, Joe Liberman and so on tried to get things banned and in some cases did impose censorship far beyond what those "religious folk" managed to do.

Yeah, the people on social media however don't generally play those games but are still managing to get things censored because it hurts their feelings. Funny how you're no longer against censorship because it looks like they're on your team.

You know what? While we're at it, why don't you tell everyone how much social justice is helping them. It sure works for Lindsay Shepard who the socjus people tried to censor because she tried to present both sides to an argument but they simply labeled her a racist and nazi(until it hit the mainstream press and Laurier backpedaled). By all means, explain how this is helping society.

-------------

17. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 13:19 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 10:41:

People "screeching" on social media don't do that. Yet, still, we have you screeching here all the time about your pet social issues.
Leland Yee is religious? Oh right, he was a progressive democrat who wrote legislation to get games banned. Just like Hillary Clinton, Tipper Gore, Joe Liberman and so on tried to get things banned and in some cases did impose censorship far beyond what those "religious folk" managed to do.

Yeah, the people on social media however don't generally play those games but are still managing to get things censored because it hurts their feelings. Funny how you're no longer against censorship because it looks like they're on your team.

You know what? While we're at it, why don't you tell everyone how much social justice is helping them. It sure works for Lindsay Shepard who the socjus people tried to censor because she tried to present both sides to an argument but they simply labeled her a racist and nazi(until it hit the mainstream press and Laurier backpedaled). By all means, explain how this is helping society.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 10:41 Beamer

-------------

15. No subject Dec 13, 2017, 10:22 Mashiki Amiketo

Numinar wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 06:02:

You know what, I get it. I see what you are scared of, I don't want the outrage brigade or the religious right or some mullah/bishop/CSM bigwig forcing their banal conformity on artists like they have tried and failed to do in the past either.

I just don't feel it yet or see it here. I don't see how somebody finding something in a game gross and letting the developer know on twitter is censorship. If the developer/artist really cared enough about it they could have stood up to these complaints and backed their vision (As I'm sure all those hentai anime games do), but it turns out they didn't care. Because detailed flangery was never a part of their vision.
And yet, look at the mobs of literal nobodies that don't play the game that get it changed. The same people who don't game but push agendas. Which is where this one came from. It was the same types who pushed the complaints over boobplate in D:OS.

The problem that most people aren't getting is that developers see a "flood" of attacks against them, and think that they're actual fans. Compare this to say Paradox, who listened when one of their devs did fuck up and fans said stop with the political bullshit and make the game. See here's the problem between say eastern(and eastern european devs) and western devs. An eastern dev will simply say "it's our design, don't like it tough." A western dev will buckle under mob pressure over how much cleavage is shown, and then ignore the fans who are pissed off over it because of the media optics.

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 09:17:
I mean, reading this thread, only one person seems "outraged," no?

Same guy that's always outraged over these types of things.
I'm not sure what's worse. That you're okay with a mob on social media screeching at a developer to change something because it hurts their sensibilities. Or that a decade ago you'd be right here, complaining that some religious nut/thinkofthechildren nut was trying to get a game banned, something changed because reasons. I hope you're liking your new religion though.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 09:17 Beamer

I mean, reading this thread, only one person seems "outraged," no?

Same guy that's always outraged over these types of things.

-------------

13. Re: etc. Dec 13, 2017, 06:02 Numinar

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 05:20:
Numinar wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 00:55:

How do you feel about the randomized skin colour and penis size in Rust? How would you feel if there was a tiny outline of a shrunken dick bulge on the male model? I'm just wondering about the worldview of dudes who think this is a big deal.

No fucks given at all. Just like I couldn't give a single fuck if they made the person 89lbs or 430lbs and did more rolling then walking to get around. You're kinda missing the point though. That is, you have a group of people complaining because something is offending their sensibilities. They're no different then a religious nut screeching that D&D and Harry Potter are satanic.

The women I understand. The views I've seen show they think it's kinda gross or don't care, which means it is probably worth changing. Maybe some girls want some camel toe? I haven't heard from any yet.
"gross" jesus it's like I'm in grade 5 and it's the 1980's all over again. It bothers me more that people are "outraged" over camel toe, rather then letting the studio and artists make the game however they want with whatever models they want. Remember the outrage over D:OS and boobplate? Bet you don't, but it was the same complete whining by exactly the same types of people. But hey, don't worry that some whiny puritan is getting upset and they want shit censored because it hurts their feelings or they have some massive desire to virtue signal over it while fedora tipping.

Here's a question for you: Do you think FFVII with it's entire crossdressing + scenes in the Honey Bee Inn would be made today? Or do you think that the socjus people would be screeching that it's homophobic/sexist/misogynist and demanding that it be removed. Keep in mind the absolute stupid garbage that's gone on at localization studios the last 3 years as well. Or that Tifa would exist as she does? You go read that petulant whining over xenoblade?

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 01:59:
Good to see relevant issues are causing uproars on the internet...

oh wait... nevermind
Yeah well don't worry. I'm sure that getting a mesh changed because camel toe was more pressing then getting involved with an anti-slavery group, and trying to stop what's going on in africa.

You know what, I get it. I see what you are scared of, I don't want the outrage brigade or the religious right or some mullah/bishop/CSM bigwig forcing their banal conformity on artists like they have tried and failed to do in the past either.

I just don't feel it yet or see it here. I don't see how somebody finding something in a game gross and letting the developer know on twitter is censorship. If the developer/artist really cared enough about it they could have stood up to these complaints and backed their vision (As I'm sure all those hentai anime games do), but it turns out they didn't care. Because detailed flangery was never a part of their vision.

12. No subject Dec 12, 2017, 05:20 Mashiki Amiketo

Numinar wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 00:55:

How do you feel about the randomized skin colour and penis size in Rust? How would you feel if there was a tiny outline of a shrunken dick bulge on the male model? I'm just wondering about the worldview of dudes who think this is a big deal.

No fucks given at all. Just like I couldn't give a single fuck if they made the person 89lbs or 430lbs and did more rolling then walking to get around. You're kinda missing the point though. That is, you have a group of people complaining because something is offending their sensibilities. They're no different then a religious nut screeching that D&D and Harry Potter are satanic.

The women I understand. The views I've seen show they think it's kinda gross or don't care, which means it is probably worth changing. Maybe some girls want some camel toe? I haven't heard from any yet.
"gross" jesus it's like I'm in grade 5 and it's the 1980's all over again. It bothers me more that people are "outraged" over camel toe, rather then letting the studio and artists make the game however they want with whatever models they want. Remember the outrage over D:OS and boobplate? Bet you don't, but it was the same complete whining by exactly the same types of people. But hey, don't worry that some whiny puritan is getting upset and they want shit censored because it hurts their feelings or they have some massive desire to virtue signal over it while fedora tipping.

Here's a question for you: Do you think FFVII with it's entire crossdressing + scenes in the Honey Bee Inn would be made today? Or do you think that the socjus people would be screeching that it's homophobic/sexist/misogynist and demanding that it be removed. Keep in mind the absolute stupid garbage that's gone on at localization studios the last 3 years as well. Or that Tifa would exist as she does? You go read that petulant whining over xenoblade?

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 01:59:

oh wait... nevermind
Yeah well don't worry. I'm sure that getting a mesh changed because camel toe was more pressing then getting involved with an anti-slavery group, and trying to stop what's going on in africa.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2017, 05:41.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: etc. Dec 12, 2017, 01:59 eRe4s3r

oh wait... nevermind

10. Re: etc. Dec 12, 2017, 00:55 Numinar

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 23:17:
Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 15:04:
Look, someone said something positive about women! Time for MA to sweep in and put them in their place!

How is "having camel toe in an action game is stupid" censorship? You have the worst priorities of any living man. Which, frankly, makes sense, I've seen you defend Trump around these parts.
Look! Someone decided that they wanted to go into pre-1970's sexual revolution mode. Looks like Beamer is happy regressive who finds sexuality disgusting. So, let me guess the only way you find women pretty is when they're wearing 4 lengths of black cloth, gloves, and showing no ankle right? It makes sense, considering all the other much progressive stuff you push.

Really, tell everyone who's worse: The person who wants developers not to change something because of a harping mob. Or the person clapping their hands with glee in apparent support of it.

edit: here's an article just for you beamer So you can also jump on the pro-censorship train, and complain about those sexualized anime titties.

9. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 23:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Beamer wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 15:04:
Look, someone said something positive about women! Time for MA to sweep in and put them in their place!

How is "having camel toe in an action game is stupid" censorship? You have the worst priorities of any living man. Which, frankly, makes sense, I've seen you defend Trump around these parts.
Look! Someone decided that they wanted to go into pre-1970's sexual revolution mode. Looks like Beamer is happy regressive who finds sexuality disgusting. So, let me guess the only way you find women pretty is when they're wearing 4 lengths of black cloth, gloves, and showing no ankle right? It makes sense, considering all the other much progressive stuff you push.

Really, tell everyone who's worse: The person who wants developers not to change something because of a harping mob. Or the person clapping their hands with glee in apparent support of it.

edit: here's an article just for you beamer So you can also jump on the pro-censorship train, and complain about those sexualized anime titties.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: etc. Dec 11, 2017, 21:46 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 18:23:
NKD wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 14:11:
I don't understand how this is inappropriate...
I love me some camel-toe as much as the next red-blooded amurican, but I think the issue is the men all look smooth in the nether regions. Now if the membrum virile was clearly defined under those tighty whities, it would be fare trade.

Maybe the men are wearing a cup? Gotta protect your junk in the postapocalypse or whatever the story is in this game...

Just say no to vulva shaming!

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

7. Re: etc. Dec 11, 2017, 21:45 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 18:23:
I love me some camel-toe as much as the next red-blooded amurican, but I think the issue is the men all look smooth in the nether regions. Now if the membrum virile was clearly defined under those tighty whities, it would be fare trade.

Maybe the men are wearing a cup? Gotta protect your junk in the postapocalypse or whatever the story is in this game...

6. Re: etc. Dec 11, 2017, 18:23 RedEye9

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

5. Re: etc. Dec 11, 2017, 17:20 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:40:
so much outrage for something so silly.. Barbies show this much basically.

Two things happens in life that are fundamentals of living:

A) Death
B) Sex

Which are also the two things we censor constantly, I understand the beef of having extra detail in the fun regions.. but whatever, it's a reflection on human body anatomy.

Hey, as long as they model the men with equal fidelity.

Edit: Looks like the male models all have a codpiece(NSFW?), not a side snake.

Also, gotta love "The outsourcer did it!" excuse.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

4. Re: etc. Dec 11, 2017, 15:04 Beamer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:44:
Which are also the two things we censor constantly, I understand the beef of having extra detail in the fun regions.. but whatever, it's a reflection on human body anatomy.

Remember when people said SJW's weren't coming for your games? That they weren't actually trying to censor them? Remember how the gaming press fell all over itself to defend it against any type of censorship, blasted companies that did this type of stuff? 'member that not less then 10 years ago?

And now just happily look at the people cheering the gaming press for pandering to these people. How the gaming press falls all over itself to provide the people whining about this a platform and promote their regressive views. Yeah, funny how so many people are suddenly okay with this because it's "coming from their side" in politics.

-------------

3. Re: etc. Dec 11, 2017, 14:11 NKD

2. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 12:44 Mashiki Amiketo

Remember when people said SJW's weren't coming for your games? That they weren't actually trying to censor them? Remember how the gaming press fell all over itself to defend it against any type of censorship, blasted companies that did this type of stuff? 'member that not less then 10 years ago?

And now just happily look at the people cheering the gaming press for pandering to these people. How the gaming press falls all over itself to provide the people whining about this a platform and promote their regressive views. Yeah, funny how so many people are suddenly okay with this because it's "coming from their side" in politics.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo