Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 18:48 RedEye9

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:10:
Cutter if you had a Patreon and promised not to post here anymore I would support you monthly.
bump

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 10:10 Verno

Cutter if you had a Patreon and promised not to post here anymore I would support you monthly.  
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

10. No subject Dec 11, 2017, 05:00 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 21:18:

I'm really hoping these two aren't related...
Possibly related, but not quite in that way. There's an entire section of twitch that's nothing but camwhores, with mods and people within the company simply following them and showing favoritism by either not banning or simply ignoring flagrant violators. Hell there's been cases of underage(i.e. under 18) girls soliciting donations off of it for sexual content(aka creating CP). There's been cases of 18+ camwhoring w/direct sexual content(masturbating on streams, etc) off twitch and being handled with kid gloves either receiving no bans, or limited 24hr bans despite twitch's claims that those accounts are supposed to be permanently banned.

Twitch has a real problem with no-gaming but sexual-only content, it's also got a problem of not being able to figure out video game content from non-vg content too. There was a streamer ~6mo back who was banned for in-game FMV(you know like the hayday of WingCommander3/RA/ST:A/KA/etc) and twitch stating that it wasn't vg related, wasn't a vg, and that's that. Enjoy your ban.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 04:20 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 21:22:
Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 19:34:
A 6 year makes 11 million bucks a year playing with toys? Are you fucking kidding me? That's it, I'm going to start a Youtube channel of me doing nothing but sitting in a chair scratching my balls. See how many million that nets me.

0 millions, unfortunately. That kid is adorable. Pretty sure you're not.

Maybe Cutter could make bank by threatening to post videos of himself unless people pay him a ransom.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 21:22 jdreyer

A 6 year makes 11 million bucks a year playing with toys? Are you fucking kidding me? That's it, I'm going to start a Youtube channel of me doing nothing but sitting in a chair scratching my balls. See how many million that nets me.

0 millions, unfortunately. That kid is adorable. Pretty sure you're not.

On the other hand, you've got options available to you that the kid doesn't, like cementing your head into a microwave.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 21:18 jdreyer

Calls for Twitch to police 'sexual streaming.'
6-year-old YouTube star makes $11 million a year.

I'm really hoping these two aren't related...

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 21:02 NewMaxx

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 16:35:
I watch and donate to streamers with 5-20 people watching. WTF do I want to donate to a multi-millionaire for?

I am even okay with Patreoning (is that a word? it is now!) like $1 to larger ones like Door Monster - who really do work hard for their craft and have to deal with YT's BS. But there's a big difference between 100k and 10mil. (FYI - according to YT Rewind, there's 2000 channels at 1mil+ subs)

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 21:00 NewMaxx

Haha, I know, right? I saw him on the list and went to check it out...like wtf. I mean to be fair I watch shit like Lamarr Wilson so I get the appeal but when a kid being a kid gets more subs than gems like Primitive Tech...

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 19:46 RedEye9

Both the fcc AND congress don't know how the internet works.
Luckily the Internets inventor, Al Gore, will be more than happy to explain it to them.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 19:34 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 16:35 Jagacademy

I watch and donate to streamers with 5-20 people watching. WTF do I want to donate to a multi-millionaire for?  

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 14:34 NewMaxx

That article on PewDiePie is terrible. I didn't watch and actively disliked the guy for years, but recently I've found his new edginess - towards both old media and YouTube's bullshit - to be quite refreshing. I mean we have the Logans (both with their own spot), Smosh, etc. on that Top Ten list; this isn't exactly quality media. Quite frankly I get bored of seeing the same f'n flavor of the week game being played by all these streamers (most recent example - Getting Over It) when there's so much potential there. Like everything else, popularity kills, luckily there are some good lesser-knowns on YouTube who honestly are far more worthy of our attention, especially when "with his earnings dropping from around $15 million to $12 million. Wah, wah." is a legitimate thing to write (apparently).  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo