Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches

Grinding Gear Games announces the release of War for the Atlas, a new expansion for Path of Exile, their action RPG. This is available now for PC, while an Xbox One version is coming later this month. Here's more on the launch of the new content, including word on how to get a helmet skin, which doesn't sound dirty at all:

The War for the Atlas and Abyss Challenge League are now live! We're very happy to see the community so active and engaged in the new content. We ran into a few small issues after launch but these have been fixed now. We'll be keeping a close eye on everything throughout the weekend and will continue to fix things as we go.

Don't forget, if you haven't already gotten yours, it's still possible to receive a free helmet skin simply by watching your favourite streamer play Path of Exile! Find out more here.

We hope that you enjoy the new content. Please consider checking out our new War for the Atlas Supporter Packs. Thank you so much for your support!

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 10, 2017, 00:28 ItBurn

It's the same POE. Now you can burn grass.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 20:50 Mr. Tact

Pepe wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 20:17:
Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 18:56:
I played two characters to the mid 80s in 3.0 -- but taking a break for now. Currently sequestered on Factorio or Factorio. Again.
I love me some factorio, I'm pretty crap at it, still love it.
It definitely takes some time... I put over a thousand hours into my first big base (not my first base). And that was real playtime, not leaving the game running over night to let things collect...

I have mixed feelings about the enemies. It makes some sense you'd have to fight off the locals and it does add some to the early game. But from mid game on, it is pretty much just an annoyance and not a real threat. But mainly, it is a logistics game and the enemies seem to be a bit of an add-on. So.... *shrug* I have no complaints if someone wants to play with or without the enemies turned on.

Great mod community. There are lots of quality of life mods which really make the game so much better.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 20:17 Pepe

I played two characters to the mid 80s in 3.0 -- but taking a break for now. Currently sequestered on Factorio or Factorio. Again.

I love me some factorio, I'm pretty crap at it, still love it.

5. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 19:56 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 19:44:
If you like building systems so much, why'd you retire?
Well, first -- they laid me off. So I didn't have a choice. Secondly, 95% of the stuff I was tasked with didn't require any creativity or real thinking. A fairly standard example:

"Configure ports 20-25 on switch CRN-05A and CRN-05B for VLAN 25."

It would have been a bit more complex in reality, but that's the general idea. There were similar requests for creating "standard" virtual IPs. Basically http call redirects to specific servers based on the domain name used.

4. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 19:44 jdreyer

If you like building systems so much, why'd you retire?

Stay a while, and listen.

3. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 18:56 Mr. Tact

2. Re: Path of Exile: War for the Atlas Launches Dec 9, 2017, 15:56 Wallshadows

Building a Detonate Dead Inquisitor. Gives me pretty strong nostalgia to my old Diablo 2 Amp + Corpse Explosion Necromancer. Once you drop Desecrate you're pretty much riding that meaty gore train to town especially with the Abyss mechanic where you can just chain it through the tear.  

1. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 9, 2017, 14:51 Wowbagger_TIP

New league is pretty fun. Reminds me of Breach league, but I like the Abyss mechanic even better! GGG somehow manages to keep cranking out great content every few months. Other devs should take note. This is how you run a free-to-play game.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo