Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 07:19 NKD

Chromius wrote on Dec 10, 2017, 09:46:

That is exactly what I thought. Why have a writer with dismal series ratings and use them again and expect different results?

Um, I think placing the blame for those series on one of many writers is a bit much. The issues the Marvel Netflix series have are a bit higher up the food chain. I imagine Netflix probably didn't pull her name out of a hat...

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 09:46 Chromius

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 16:36:
Writer and producer Lauren Schmidt Hissrich (“Daredevil,” “Power,” “The Defenders”) has been brought onboard to pen Netflix’s upcoming series adaptation of the fantasy saga “The Witcher”.

And it's over before it even began.

That is exactly what I thought. Why have a writer with dismal series ratings and use them again and expect different results?

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 10, 2017, 09:12 El Pit

So I will have to wait until 2019 for new seasons of GoT and Stranger Things? Grrr... At least make the waiting worth it!  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 9, 2017, 22:52 Task

Well here's to hoping it follows the plot of the books closely, starting with The Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny. It would be interesting if they start it out that way since each episode would be a self-contained story or hijinks the main character was involved with along his journey. Sort of like a "monster of the week" but more like "not all things are monsters (of the week)." Part of that journey was meeting the orphan Ciri in Sword of Destiny, they part ways again as Geralt and sometimes other people with him are off doing something, and eventually happen to cross paths again. There's also the hint of 'things to come' in The Last Wish when Geralt met Ciri's parents to begin with.

After that it launches into the entire Saga - which would basically be a mashup of Lord of The Rings and Game of Thrones, with talking Dragons, typical 'monster' types in tales like LoTR except in here there's the 'twist' where they may be intelligent or not, or misunderstood, and the epic journey along the way.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 9, 2017, 19:17 Flatline

CDProjekt Red is probably what made The Witcher into something special. I read the original books- they were good, but man, CDPR really hit it out of the park.  

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 9, 2017, 16:36 Cutter

Writer and producer Lauren Schmidt Hissrich (“Daredevil,” “Power,” “The Defenders”) has been brought onboard to pen Netflix’s upcoming series adaptation of the fantasy saga “The Witcher”.

And it's over before it even began.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 15:47 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 15:24:
Didn't know Netflix was making a Witcher series. That's got some potential.

I havent read all the books/source material but hopefully they have enough to make it last a while if it does well, without going full retard like The Walking Dead

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 9, 2017, 15:24 jdreyer

Didn't know Netflix was making a Witcher series. That's got some potential.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo