Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 10, 2017, 15:39 Ozmodan

If Apple thinks an iPad can do the work of a Mac, their decision makers are smoking way too much weed.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 22:13 mag

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 18:18:
JeffD wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 16:23:
please oh please make your OS work on all PCs... just pull a sega and go all software! I'm all for loading your OS on my PC and all but I refuse to do all that hacking BS to get it done.
They could easily sell it for $150. People would be lining up to buy Mac OS and install it on their own hardware.

Blue wrote on Dec 9, 2017:
When was the last time Dvorak was right about something?
True dat. If there was ever a getoffmylawn of computer tech, it would be John C.

The myth of DirectX 12 was that it had steam to begin with. But hey, it came with a free version of spyware so what's not to like.

I'm not sure how true that is. I don't think most people that want to use MacOS are the "buy a computer and install a different operating system" type. Sure they'd pick up a few people, but they'd probably lose way more.

4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 19:51 eRe4s3r

It takes 3 to 5 years to make a brand new engine for a new API, so how is DX12 losing steam? It has barely support currently and new games with fundamentally new engines are still 2-4 years away. And once consoles use DX12 or Vulcan (both have the same issue) this will become a landrush on DX12/Vulcan. Considering how awesome performance is in Doom I would welcome Vulcan engines to be honest.  

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 18:44 CJ_Parker

DX 12 is losing what steam exactly? To lose steam you would have had to have steam in the first place and DX 12 never gained any momentum. Joke question confirmed.  

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 18:18 RedEye9

JeffD wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 16:23:
please oh please make your OS work on all PCs... just pull a sega and go all software! I'm all for loading your OS on my PC and all but I refuse to do all that hacking BS to get it done.
They could easily sell it for $150. People would be lining up to buy Mac OS and install it on their own hardware.

Blue wrote on Dec 9, 2017:
When was the last time Dvorak was right about something?
True dat. If there was ever a getoffmylawn of computer tech, it would be John C.

The myth of DirectX 12 was that it had steam to begin with. But hey, it came with a free version of spyware so what's not to like.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 16:23 JeffD

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo