Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

The Evil Within 2 Free Trial

The Evil Within 2 now has a playable demo on Steam, offering Windows users the chance to the evil within the survival horror game. For those who enjoy it, there is currently a 50% off sale for The Evil Within 2, too. This post says, "Take on The Evil Within 2's terrifying opening chapters with the free trial," and offers this trailer for the free trial. There are more details on Bethesda.net:

Starting right now, you can download The Evil Within 2 Free Trial on PS4, Xbox One and PC and play through the terrifying opening chapters of the game. At the end of the trial, if you choose to upgrade to the full game, all of your save data will carry over, allowing you to pick up right where you left off. In these first chapters you’ll have the opportunity to explore some of the game’s tight, nightmare-riddled, linear experiences, as well as the more open streets of Union. You’ll also have full access to Sebastian’s customization options, so you can start building the best Sebastian for your playstyle.

The Evil Within 2 is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and has received high praise from critics. As Sebastian Castellanos, you’ll have to dive into hell once more in the sequel to the hit 2014 survival horror game from the mind of Shinji Mikami. Take on twisted creatures in horrifying domains and face off against your own worst nightmares as you race to save your daughter.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 12:16 jdreyer

Flo wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 02:40:
For me this is GOTY 2017. Finished it last week after 18 hours. Fixed almost everything from part 1. Initially, I was sceptical about the open world stuff but it's really only open-world-very-light. It still is scary in the right places and offers a satisfying conclusion which is rare these days.

I'm not really interested in this kind of game, so I ignored it when it came out. However, I just watched this trailer, and it looks pretty awesome. Good combination of psychological and supernatural horror. Added to wish list.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 11:48 HorrorScope

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 9, 2017, 01:20:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 22:59:
Well that is their problem and not ours, I just play the games. Why do I really care if they made a calculated mistake in marketing, which I don't really know?

You should care because what succeeds decides what comes out. Stuff like Dishonored and Prey doesn't sell, executives get the idea no one wants more games like that (even if it's the publisher's fault and people do).

Too many things to worry in life and as much as I like games as the next guy, nahhh. I'm just trying to judge again without near enough details. I know that's a pretty practical response, but that is wisdom coming with age. Getting over myself now.

9. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 10:50 PHJF

Just saw it's $30. Picking it up.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 02:40 Flo

For me this is GOTY 2017. Finished it last week after 18 hours. Fixed almost everything from part 1. Initially, I was sceptical about the open world stuff but it's really only open-world-very-light. It still is scary in the right places and offers a satisfying conclusion which is rare these days.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

7. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 9, 2017, 01:20 StingingVelvet

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 22:59:
Well that is their problem and not ours, I just play the games. Why do I really care if they made a calculated mistake in marketing, which I don't really know?

You should care because what succeeds decides what comes out. Stuff like Dishonored and Prey doesn't sell, executives get the idea no one wants more games like that (even if it's the publisher's fault and people do).

6. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 22:59 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 22:51:
Bethesda really needs to do a better job of marketing their games. Prey, Evil Within, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored... they've made a lot of good games over the past few years but failed to give them the exposure they need to really succeed. EW2 is a significant improvement over the first game in many ways but it barely got any marketing.

5. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 22:51 Jerykk

Bethesda really needs to do a better job of marketing their games. Prey, Evil Within, Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored... they've made a lot of good games over the past few years but failed to give them the exposure they need to really succeed. EW2 is a significant improvement over the first game in many ways but it barely got any marketing.  

4. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 20:04:
Very good game, this. I am greatly enjoying it.

Bad performance though! A game like this should not drop way below 60. The Witcher 3 doesn't go below 70 with everything on Ultra ffs.

I played through it, it runs well on a decent machine, but yes, not the most optimized engine I've ever experienced. Third person shooter/horror fans who also love insane Japanese style story lines shoud apply.

3. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 20:04 Quinn

Very good game, this. I am greatly enjoying it.

Bad performance though! A game like this should not drop way below 60. The Witcher 3 doesn't go below 70 with everything on Ultra ffs.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 18:33 heroin

Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween - all the same shit.  

1. Re: The Evil Within 2 Free Trial Dec 8, 2017, 18:23 Cutter

You'd think they should have managed this before Halloween.  

“I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END.” - Miranda Hart

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo