Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

GTFO Trailer

(Updated to reflect the game's previous announcement.) The GTFO website is online for GTFO, a survival game in the works at 10 Chambers Collective that was announced at E3. The site offers this trailer, which was unveiled at The Game Awards, and shows off four-player co-op gameplay with a PAYDAY feel, unsurprising, since this is from the game designer behind PAYDAY 2. The game's Steam page is online touting a 2018 release, and offering the following details:

GTFO is a 4 player action/horror cooperative game for those looking for a real challenge. Players get to play as a team of scavengers, forced to explore and extract valuable artefacts from a vast underground complex that has been overrun by horrifying monsters. Gather weapons, tools and resources to help you survive - and work to unearth the answers about your past and how to escape.

KEY FEATURES

• 4 player cooperative PvE gameplay that puts you and your teammates through ultimate co-op test.
  • Together, explore treacherous and thrilling environments framed by atmospheric lighting.
  • Plan your expedition, equip and operate tools, combine your fire power, communicate and coordinate as a team - every detail counts if you are to survive the nightmare.
  • GTFO’s Expedition Director throw players into new challenging situations in every play session.
  • ]*]The Expedition Director controls every single parameter of the experience, derived from a hand tailored data set.
  • Come prepared! Search the complex for better gear to take on new, harder challenges.
  • Nightmarish atmosphere accompanied by music from acclaimed composer Simon Viklund.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 9, 2017, 18:23 Kxmode

NewMaxx wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 21:09:
Gameplay Trailer For Otters!

We have a winner!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 9, 2017, 17:49 Numinar

I don't mean to white night somebody's wrong headed business decisions but did you ever play Payday 2? It's a great game. The DLC was always optional, and you could play on the fancy DLC heists if you saw one being hosted by someone else. If they cut half of the heists before release it's probably because the effort to polish them would have taken a year, the scenarios have a lot of variables and alternate configurations. I don't think anyone has ever cut fully developed content from a game, it will usually be stuff that is too complicated/unfinished/undercooked for release unless it's Day 1 DLC, which for most devs is something easy and small, like a few weapons or alternate skins or a shitty quest chain with no relevance to the rest of the game.

I didn't buy DLC for a few years, and then got ALL of it in a recent sale for basically nothing as a friend wanted to play again. Totally worth it, and I'll keep an eye on this game as it's an awesome, not quite saturated genre. Vermintide and Paradox games follow a similar model and if that's the price a fan has to pay for a game he is still playing 5 years after release then that seems reasonable, it's a fraction of what a subscription would cost.

Though I am certain this is not what they did, if the game is released with half the content sequestered for later sale, and is still wildly successful because the stuff it does have is fun and replayable, then big whoop regardless.

8. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 9, 2017, 12:43 Dacron

From the makers of PAYDAY 2?

The same game with so much paid for DLC, they don't advertise prices for them on the Payday 2 steam store page as the dlc costs many times more than the base game?

Or the fact the DLC (heist's at least) is literally the cut planned day 1 heists (17 were planned.... later delivered as paid DLC... really wish I had cache'd links saved)

From the same group who said they would NOT do microtransactions in addition to DLCs.... only to do microtransactions and then stop when the community roasted them for being such obvious liars?

Fuck everything these guys represent. I think anybody affiliated with he choices of Payday 2 is worse than EA. EA is publicly traded, answers to the almighty dollar. The team that was responsible for Payday 2 were a bunch of sleazy greedy fucks answering to their own whims. THEY decided to fuck over gamers, as opposed to the suits at EA who answer to stock holders.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2017, 14:47.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

7. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2017, 12:28 MajorD

Still counting...

6. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2017, 12:21 jdreyer

deqer wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 19:11:
Is it dumb to name your game "gtfo"?

Yeah, it's kind of lame.

So, this game is L4D meets Aliens?

Nice atmospherics. I wonder if you play by yourself if the AI takes over for the other players.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

5. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 9, 2017, 09:07 J

Get the Furby Out!  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

4. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 8, 2017, 21:09 NewMaxx

Kxmode wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 17:33:
GT FallOut
Gator Tater Force Omega
Gonna Transform Freedom Online
GRIN. TRANSFORM. FANTASTICS. OPTIMISTICS.
Green Transformation Fighter Oliveridley!

Who is to know?! Smash

Gameplay Trailer For Otters!

3. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2017, 19:11 deqer

Is it dumb to name your game "gtfo"?  

2. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 8, 2017, 17:33 Kxmode

GT FallOut
Gator Tater Force Omega
Gonna Transform Freedom Online
GRIN. TRANSFORM. FANTASTICS. OPTIMISTICS.
Green Transformation Fighter Oliveridley!

Who is to know?! Smash

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

1. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 8, 2017, 16:56 Crucifix

The Game Awards only unveiled a gameplay trailer, the game itself was already announced 6+ months ago.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo