Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

World War Z Game Announced

Indie developer Saber Interactive announces World War Z, a four-player co-op game based on the zombie infested film franchise. They plan this for release in 2018, well behind the 2013 release of the first movie but in advance of the planned 2019 release of World War Z 2. An official website is online for the project, offering this trailer. Here's the plan:

Independent developer Saber Interactive has announced World War Z, a new four-player cooperative game inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film franchise. Featuring massive swarms of zombies who rush their living prey, World War Z is in production for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.

“World War Z is a name synonymous with heart-pounding fear and action, and we’re excited to finally capture that energy in a fast-paced and gruesome experience crafted specifically for modern consoles and PC,” said Saber Interactive CEO Matt Karch.

World War Z’s co-op campaign focuses on unique survivor stories and missions around the globe, including New York, Moscow and Jerusalem. Use traps, barriers and the environment strategically to stay alive while unleashing a storm of firepower with a variety of weapons on the unrelenting hordes of the undead.

"Saber has tons of experience working on high-quality games and they've done a great job capturing the massive, frantic hordes of 'zekes' that sets our franchise apart,” said Bil Bertini, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Licensing for Paramount Pictures. “They have created a fiercely original experience in the rich universe of World War Z that fans are sure to love.”

World War Z is expected to release in 2018. For more information as the game develops, please visit www.WWZGame.com, and like on Facebook at Facebook.com/WWZGame, follow on Twitter @WWZTheGame, and follow on Instagram @WWZGame.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 11, 2017, 13:13 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 21:30:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:20:
Please don't call it World War Z 2. It's drifting into Japanese video game titles.

Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy?

Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy EX plus ALPHA Extreme!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 9, 2017, 13:31 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:28:
Four player? World war Zzzz.

World War Z is a name synonymous with heart-pounding fear and action

Hahahahaha. Oh wait, you weren't joking. There was a part in that movie that showed fear? Oh, I guess the part at the airport in the night was somewhat tense. And maybe when the zombies suddenly became amazing acrobats and created a human ladder 200 feet high to scale the wall in... Jerusalem?

Other than that it was a god-awful snoozefest. I watched it on a trans-atlantic flight, and even then I still thought it was 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

I like that first scene in the movie where they're in the car trying to get out of the city. Thought that was well done, but the rest of the movie was not good.

Stay a while, and listen.

25. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 9, 2017, 13:28 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:11:
Ugh. Yes, lets base an awful looking game on the worlds worst Zombie adaptation property. Years after the fact. This is a good idea, clearly.

Yeah, the zombie physics looks bad.

Although the movie zombie physics was about the same, so maybe they're doing that intentionally.

24. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 9, 2017, 13:26 jdreyer

Darks wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:02:
Count me in, cant beat a 4 players Coop Zombie shooter. Should be a lot of fun.

GTFO looks a lot better.

23. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 9, 2017, 08:17 Kajetan

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:44:
I think you missed the part about the virus animating tissue.
That may be true ... thanks

22. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 21:30 The Half Elf

Kxmode wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:20:
Please don't call it World War Z 2. It's drifting into Japanese video game titles.

Star Wars: Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Outcast 2: Jedi Academy?

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

21. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 8, 2017, 20:43 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 15:49:
That's a zombie.
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore.

That wasn't a moon hitting your eye, but an axe.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

20. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 8, 2017, 15:49 RedEye9

That's a zombie.
When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's amore.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

19. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Dec 8, 2017, 15:44 Tipsy McStagger

Kajetan wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:14:
Verno wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:08:
The zombies in the audience approved I guess.
Because there were no zombies in the movie? Only sick people, changed by a virus to spread itself?

"Word War Z" as movie title was a lie

I think you missed the part about the virus animating tissue.

Example: When they arrive at the air force base in asia, they land and get into the bunker. They talk about one guys standing in the middle of the room while the infected are there and they ended up burning them all except for a finger on a hand.

It's moving still.. It's what they allude to why they can't just shoot these things because the virus is still animating "Dead" people and precisely why at the end of the movie they are burning the massive piles of twitching corpses. That's a zombie.

18. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:55 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:11:
So they're releasing a game based on a shitty movie that was released five years ago? Guaranteed success! Can't see how this won't sell 20 million copies.

I liked WWZ. Thought the ending was good and the clues they left along the way was very smart.

17. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:44 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:28:

Hahahahaha. Oh wait, you weren't joking. There was a part in that movie that showed fear? Oh, I guess the part at the airport in the night was somewhat tense. And maybe when the zombies suddenly became amazing acrobats and created a human ladder 200 feet high to scale the wall in... Jerusalem?

Other than that it was a god-awful snoozefest. I watched it on a trans-atlantic flight, and even then I still thought it was 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

Well, I thought the movie was scary and action-packed. The Jerusalem sequence was completely nail-biting.

I think the game looks good. Like The Division with zombies.

16. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:43 Cutter

Zombies shuffle. These were insane demented savage things. It reminded me more of 28 days than any classic zombie scheisse. Whatevs, looks awful anyway.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

15. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 14:02 Flatline

ledhead1969 wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 13:38:
The book is incredible. If you haven't read it, by all means do. Ask for it for Christmas and then spend your time at the in-laws reading it.

I always wished Tarantino would do a movie on the Japan chapter.

The ideal format for me would be a Ken Burns style documentary. The book is almost perfectly formatted for that kind of mockumentary. I wouldn't want it to be one movie though, I'd want it to be a miniseries.

14. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 13:38 ledhead1969

The book is incredible. If you haven't read it, by all means do. Ask for it for Christmas and then spend your time at the in-laws reading it.

I always wished Tarantino would do a movie on the Japan chapter.

13. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 13:05 Bumpy

Brilliant game idea. So gutsy and nouveau. Props to the sharp, creative minds in the software gaming world.  

12. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 13:01 Ozmodan

Guess they never got the message that zombies are old news. How could you not grasp that zombies are no longer a big seller? As usual no one on the dev team with any marketing sense.  

11. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:59 Flatline

MacLeod wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:48:
Oh a World War Z game... this could be interesting. Oh wait, it's based on the shitty movie, not the book. Never mind.

What kind of game would you play that was like... book based?

Hardcore survival game maybe?

I'd be interested in a Crusader Kings style logistics type of game set during World War Z (the books). That'd be kind of fun and crazy.

10. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:48 MacLeod

Oh a World War Z game... this could be interesting. Oh wait, it's based on the shitty movie, not the book. Never mind.  

9. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:28 Creston

8. Re: World War Z Game Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:19 El Pit

I liked the book and even the movie which borrows just some elements from the book. But this game looks - compared to Dying Light and even to Dead Island - more like World War Zzzzzzz... Sleeping  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo